Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got yuneec typhoon H carbon props

Anyone going to weigh them compared to OEM Stock blades? I'm interested in the weight, dimensions (Blade Length, Chord, Pitch/Twist) compared to the stock OEM's. I like the finish of them.

The stiffness of the carbon blades are going to cause the quick reaction and should also make the craft a little more stable and quieter as those have noted. With the flexible plastic blades any change in speed (which can be cross/head wind, or spinning) will cause the blade to flex slightly, thus causing the sound, vibration, air flutter in the blade path. Stiffer also causes a change in the motor controller response (someone mentioned the PID). On RC Helli's beginners start with wood or plastic blades as they are forgiving and not to snappy in response. Move up to carbon fiber and the whole dynamics of response changes.

Well, I have the propellers soon I'll test how they work and I'll comment if I see any difference.

Very well packaged and shipped fast to Spain.

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_085830.jpg
    IMG_20180706_085830.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180706_090042.jpg
    IMG_20180706_090042.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180706_090132.jpg
    IMG_20180706_090132.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20180706_090317.jpg
    IMG_20180706_090317.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180706_090646.jpg
    IMG_20180706_090646.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 32
Well, I have the propellers soon I'll test how they work and I'll comment if I see any difference.

Very well packaged and shipped fast to Spain.

cool box too.

there is much to find on this forum about the Maytech props.

have fun and use them a lot!

Tested propellers. The flight time I can not say if it has increased because it was with other things, but the reactions of the H if they are faster, also it has given me the sensation that they are a little more noisy.

Things that I have not liked, the "white" supports are a bit difficult to get into, they have to be filed to fit better.

A couple of Helices are left with some slack, check the hooks well.

And another thing that I have seen that I did not like in a couple of propellers the support makes a small turning game, the stand remains still but the propeller turns a little, I will look for a special glue to stick out the propellers and not have problems.

A greeting.

Check balance on each blade. Also you might want to put the H on the bench, start up the blades in low speed and check tracking of each blade to make sure they are lined up. The the tips are not tracking in line with each other they will cause noise.

Read post 45 again. There are enough negatives there to decide if we want to put a lot of time and effort into fixing conditions and quality issues that should not be present to begin with, and little benefit to show for it.

At this size carbon props are little more than “bling”, and bling will not make your aircraft fly better.

Read post 45 again. There are enough negatives there to decide if we want to put a lot of time and effort into fixing conditions and quality issues that should not be present to begin with, and little benefit to show for it.

At this size carbon props are little more than “bling”, and bling will not make your aircraft fly better.
i would be worried about the blades moving on the hub .

Personally, my concerns revolve more around the aircraft crashing due to prop failure or the props beating the electronics to death through vibration.

Hi Joel, here is the link where I got my Yuneec H carbon props: YUNEEC TYPHOON H Carbon Propeller(3pairs/kit) | MIC HOBBY ONLINE STORE
Enjoy your fly!
I just received 2 sets from them and found the carbon fiber to be good quality. But could not get any of the white hubs to go on at all and lock and 2 of them the hubs where loose. Of the black ones only 3 would lock in place, so even if after filing and sanding to get one set to go on I am not sure I would trust them to hold up. But I am glad you are happy with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my