Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Greetings!

Reaction score
Hi there! From Argentina and new user of a Typhoon H

I´ve been reading this forum and it has awesome info dedicated to new and experienced users.

Thanks a lot!

And now, i present my problem. I disarm my H, because the cámera wasnt working. I fixed but then the drone don´t start up.

-I´ve changed the mainboard and the problem persist.

Thanks a lot again!

Hey .Welcome to the forum. Follow this video and download the firmware from the link below the video in the description. Your flight controller it's corrupted and you need to do that. Don't forget to flash the latest firmware after your drone come back to life.
If this method do not solve your problem then you need a new flight controller which I can provide for you.

Hey .Welcome to the forum. Follow this video and download the firmware from the link below the video in the description. Your flight controller it's corrupted and you need to do that. Don't forget to flash the latest firmware after your drone come back to life.
If this method do not solve your problem then you need a new flight controller which I can provide for you.

Thanks a lot for your help. But i have my first problem doing the video´s procedure.

I have only COM1, when i click update, nothing happens and it says

"The waiting time for the operation was exceeded."

Again, im very grateful for your help.1594596129419.png1594596129419.png

1594596129419.png

Did you install the drivers? Seems you are not connected go to device manager and see if there is another com port for the drone. try another cable. Do not put the battery in the drone.

Reactions: Gogo Touris
I don't think the GUI will work if the TH won't start.
In the video, you are only holding the button for about two seconds. That should be long enough, but maybe not. At least try holding the button for a few more seconds to see if the TH will start.

If that does not work, please help us understand the history:
1.) What was the original problem with the camera?
2.) When you say "I disarm my H, because the cámera wasnt working.", what did you do to disarm the H?
3.) When you say "I fixed but then the drone don´t start up". What did you fix?
4.) You said you changed the mainboard. Is the Flight controller shown on the new mainboard the original flight controller?
5.) If installing a new flight controller was involved, are you 100% sure the pins are lined up correctly? It is very easy to install these flight control boards one pin off, and of course, it will not work that way.

The GUI will work even if TH does not start that guy in the video is just doing that and I did it many times. In his video I don't see any blinking led's on the flight control and I assuming do not get power or as WTFDproject said to check the pins first.

Are you using the USB charging cable that came with your Typhoon H? You can't use a standard phone charger USB cable.
And....the battery must not be installed in the H when you install the initial firmware.

If you have the proper drivers installed, the Com port should automatically show which com port is being used. If nothing happens when you plug in the cable to the computer, the drivers or the cable is not working.

Are you using the USB charging cable that came with your Typhoon H? You can't use a standard phone charger USB cable.
And....the battery must not be installed in the H when you install the initial firmware.

If you have the proper drivers installed, the Com port should automatically show which com port is being used. If nothing happens when you plug in the cable to the computer, the drivers or the cable is not working.
I´m using the cable that came with the Typhoon.
The battery is not installed when i try to install the firmware.

But the COM port dont appear when i plugg the USB. Maybe the drivers like you say?

When i plugge the USB windows show a message that the device is not working properly. I try to managed it, but obviously i failed.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Gogo,
If the step that you were able to do installed the drivers, you may be ready to follow the video. The GUI itself will not work with no power on the drone, but the firmware part of it may work now. That's the part where you remove the battery from the drone, and follow the first video.

Gogo,
If the step that you were able to do installed the drivers, you may be ready to follow the video. The GUI itself will not work with no power on the drone, but the firmware part of it may work now. That's the part where you remove the battery from the drone, and follow the first video.
The problem is that i have the same error, " The waiting time for the operation was exceeded "
And the COM port is not automatically selected.

Sorry to break the news for you but you need a new Flight controller if all the above didn't work for you.
I supposed that ;(

But i wanted to give my best hahaha

Thanks a lot for your help.I`ll look for a flight controller in my country otherwise ill contact you if its possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me