Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GUI issue..

Reaction score
.. after MUCH reading through the past few years of posts/threads, of why the GUI doesn't work, I just decided to ask up front, right here, right now, in 2020.. so I run WIN-10, MS-Edge, run the GUI as administrator, and for whatever reason my PC is not reading my TH.. I BADLY want my elevation increased.. fellas, help me out here, would'ja ??.. I know you got answers for me.. lmk.. much thx!

PS: flashing "blue" in the back of the TH

NW.

The five most common issues:
1.) Not having the proper USB driver. Since you have Windows 10, this is probably NOT an issue, but always a "maybe".
2.) Not running as administrator. You seem to have that one covered.
3.) Not starting the GUI first, and allowing time for it to appear on screen.
4.) Not using the proper USB type. The USB cable must be a "data capable" USB, such as the one that came with the Typhoon H. Most USB cables are charging cables only, and WILL NOT WORK.
5.) Plugging in USB before Typhoon H is powered up and initialized. And you can't just unplug it and plug it back in. You have to shut down the TH, unplug the USB, power back up, let it initialize, THEN plug in the USB.

If you are good on all these, please provide any additional details you can think of about exactly what you are doing and what you are seeing.

The above, and flashing blue is normal when you are not bound to the ST16.

Reactions: NWSaint
The five most common issues:
1.) Not having the proper USB driver. Since you have Windows 10, this is probably NOT an issue, but always a "maybe".
2.) Not running as administrator. You seem to have that one covered.
3.) Not starting the GUI first, and allowing time for it to appear on screen.
4.) Not using the proper USB type. The USB cable must be a "data capable" USB, such as the one that came with the Typhoon H. Most USB cables are charging cables only, and WILL NOT WORK.
5.) Plugging in USB before Typhoon H is powered up and initialized. And you can't just unplug it and plug it back in. You have to shut down the TH, unplug the USB, power back up, let it initialize, THEN plug in the USB.

If you are good on all these, please provide any additional details you can think of about exactly what you are doing and what you are seeing.

1).. check!
2).. check!
3).. check! (always)
4).. check! (got it, the one that came with my TH, label still on the cord)
5).. ummmm..

..smh.. still flashes blue at me.. and nothing is coming up on the GUI.. I even go back to "file" and go to "connect" and all it shows me is "disconnect".. battery is at 98%..

NW.

Last edited:
It might be worth the effort to reload the GUI driver. Just click on the word "here" on the gui screen, then click the executable that comes up.

If that doesn't work, it's starting to sound like the Micro USB board in the Typhoon H is bad, or maybe unplugged from the FC:
USB connector.jpg

Reactions: NWSaint
Did you install this update as well:
The 2017 Visual C++ Redistributable update is required to run the Typhoon H GUI

Also, with Win10 you should change the compatibility to Win7 in the properties for the shortcut.

1594530389208.png

.. after MUCH reading through the past few years of posts/threads, of why the GUI doesn't work, I just decided to ask up front, right here, right now, in 2020.. so I run WIN-10, MS-Edge, run the GUI as administrator, and for whatever reason my PC is not reading my TH.. I BADLY want my elevation increased.. fellas, help me out here, would'ja ??.. I know you got answers for me.. lmk.. much thx!

NW.
i had that issue when i got my H all i had to do was plug it in on the back of of my desk top instead of the front problem fixed not all usb are equal i guess

It might be worth the effort to reload the GUI driver. Just click on the word "here" on the gui screen, then click the executable that comes up.

If that doesn't work, it's starting to sound like the Micro USB board in the Typhoon H is bad, or maybe unplugged from the FC:
View attachment 22629
Sorry to ask, but I notice in your pic, the liquid tape on the motor connects ? Whats with this If you dont mind ?

Did you install this update as well:
The 2017 Visual C++ Redistributable update is required to run the Typhoon H GUI

Also, with Win10 you should change the compatibility to Win7 in the properties for the shortcut.

View attachment 22630

Steve:

Ahhhhhh, seems I had the wrong GUI d/l'd.. so, I uninstalled it, put in the one you mentioned above, PRESTO!.. up and running!

The funny thing is I had it up and running about 2 months ago, and for whatever reason I couldn't get it to run since then.. My guess is pilot error, as in "maybe" the case for #5 on the checklist courtesy of WTFDproject..

I appreciate all your help & time gentlemen.. Much thx!

Freshman mistakes.. smh.. i'll get this, wager it!

NW.

Last edited:

NW.

I had the same issue, and running as Administrator didn't work. I was ready to give up, until I found the video below. It's in French, but you'll get the idea, as he shows what to do on video. Skip to 5:01. Voila!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval