Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Crash

Reaction score
I just received my TH last week and flew it on Fri night, Sat morning and was flying Sat night when my 9 yo son wanted to control it. I had not had any problems with it up until then and it was flying really well. I told him he could go up and down with it and side to side. I was right with him and watching closely. He was holding the controller and asked if the camera moves independently. I reached down to turn the pan control to show him that. The H was at about 15' and stationary. I don't think he hit anything but all of a sudden it went into a fast clockwise orbit. I grabbed the controller from him and tried to take over but it did not respond and went into a tree. Could somebody take a look at this and tell me if you can see anything? Thank you!

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    630.4 KB · Views: 11
They may have failed when the TH hit the tree. What is the damage?

The main thing to me is to be sure you and your son do not blame him for the crash, no matter what happened.:)

The gimbal mount, 4 props, an a arm and I took all the props off and restarted it. It started and idled fine but as soon as I move the stick to simulate take off one of the motors sounds different and it says motor failure land immediately. I believe the sound is coming from the motor on the cracked arm. I didn't blame him. We were both in shock because it seemingly just took off by itself. I really think it was just bad luck for him that he had just taken the controls when it happened because even when I took the controller back it would not stop. I'm going to get it fixed but we will both be nervous to fly it again.

The gimbal mount, 4 props, an a arm and I took all the props off and restarted it. It started and idled fine but as soon as I move the stick to simulate take off one of the motors sounds different and it says motor failure land immediately. I believe the sound is coming from the motor on the cracked arm. I didn't blame him. We were both in shock because it seemingly just took off by itself. I really think it was just bad luck for him that he had just taken the controls when it happened because even when I took the controller back it would not stop. I'm going to get it fixed but we will both be nervous to fly it again.
It is normal to get the 5 motor warning if you rev the motors without props on. It is detecting that something isn't right with one or more motors and that something is that there is no prop attached.

Reactions: Aaron75
Everyone with an H that has tried running the motors with the ST-16 and props removed has experienced the 5 motor warning and a different sound from one motor. The system is designed to perform motor testing through the GUI when props are removed, not direct through the -16. The GUI bypasses the autopilot, which triggers the warning on the -16. When using the -16 to drive the motors the autopilot will always be active. So testing mode through the GUI, flying mode through the -16. In the GUI you have the choice of a single motor test or all motor test.

Reactions: Aaron75
Log 5, 7, and 8 show motors 3 and 4 failed. Call Yuneec Monday and send them the logs.
Thank you. I sent the logs and called and they said it was a problem with the H and are sending me a shipping label. They said they will take care of it. I appreciate your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20