Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H+ Distance Tests?

I am regularly seeing 10 - 12 Sats on the TX and 20 Plus on the bird. The aircraft acquires satellites very quickly but the controller takes a while longer. Normally, when I see 7 (Controller) I will start up, and the count will continue to rise as I fly.

My props will only start when it says ready. But I experienced the same thing the controller takes a while to accumulate satellites.

I purchased the raptor SR for the st16/16+ and the brackets do not fit on my controller. I am pissed to say the very least. Very pissed.

I purchased the raptor SR for the st16/16+ and the brackets do not fit on my controller. I am pissed to say the very least. Very pissed.
Sorry to read this. Somewhere along the path for ordering the Raptor SR, it was made clear to me that one needed to order the Raptor for the H520 (ST16S transmitter for the 520 and the H+) for the very reason you are having a problem. The ST16 transmitter and ST16S transmitters ARE DIFFERENT.

Here is a link to the 4Hawks website, maybe customer support can help you...

Got it from Amazon. Came from Skydrones. Already put in to exchange it. I am only pissed because the range on this drone is disgustingly bad. I mean, my parrot disco gets better range than this. I expected a little more but constantly losing my links while the bird is 200 feet up and 100 feet out is inexcusable. But I figured this would help and now I am stuck for the next week with lousy range.

Got it from Amazon. Came from Skydrones. Already put in to exchange it. I am only pissed because the range on this drone is disgustingly bad. I mean, my parrot disco gets better range than this. I expected a little more but constantly losing my links while the bird is 200 feet up and 100 feet out is inexcusable. But I figured this would help and now I am stuck for the next week with lousy range.
Wow! 100 ft. range at 200 ft. elevation is totally not right:eek:. Can you supply more information about where you are flying? Proximity of trees, buildings, etc. As you can see from Barton's posts earlier in this thread that even the stock antennas are good for thousands of feet in open conditions. Something else is wrong and adding aftermarket antenna is not the answer.

Wow! 100 ft. range at 200 ft. elevation is totally not right:eek:. Can you supply more information about where you are flying? Proximity of trees, buildings, etc. As you can see from Barton's posts earlier in this thread that even the stock antennas are good for thousands of feet in open conditions. Something else is wrong and adding aftermarket antenna is not the answer.
Completely agree with @Rubik , something is seriously wrong if you are only getting a couple hundred feet in range :eek:.

One thing that I have read (and am presently trying to locate the source), and hopefully is not a situation for you is that antennas MUST be installed before the ST16S is turned on, otherwise you can damage the ST. Even having the ST on for a short period of time without antennas connected can damage the transmitter.

I expected a little more but constantly losing my links while the bird is 200 feet up and 100 feet out is inexcusable. But I figured this would help and now I am stuck for the next week with lousy range.

It might appear there’s some relevant operational information that might cause such a problem that hasn’t been posted. The stated range before dropping out is not consistent with those having what they define as a “problem” usually initiating at distances of 800’-1000’.

Last year I was in Mackinaw City, Michigan with my H, took some nice video. There was another guy there with a P3 who flew pretty near the full distance of the bridge and back. That's 5 miles one way. It's almost always windy there.

I must admit I was impressed.

Of course you know that such range, and more, has been available with Arducopter and Pixhawk systems using. telemetry radio for a long time.). What’s more impressive is when people operating long range run into stuff and get caught.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis