Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H gimbal moves explained

hat tip to VEGASROBBI (sorry if he already posted this). With practice, it becomes apparent why a 360 degree gimbal works so well and is much better than only yawing the craft, which is so.......2011.

I agree that the 360 gimbal is fabulous! I never expected to see so many ways to use it. Nice touch to leave the landing gear down to show craft movements. Now if we can get Yuneec to make the drone fly forwards in autonomous modes so obstacle avoidance can be used. The camera is extremely sharp also. Did you or VEGASROBBI adjust the lens?

The 360 gimbal allows very nice moves to be made by a single operator. Just remember to raise the landing gear early after take off to reduce the chance of video and camera settings being lost if/when wifi connection is temporarily disconnected. EU model only I believe.

How does one bring the camera back to FPV mode?
I been flying back to home and then I look a the TH to orient the camera to match the TH forward position.

The 360 gimbal allows very nice moves to be made by a single operator. Just remember to raise the landing gear early after take off to reduce the chance of video and camera settings being lost if/when wifi connection is temporarily disconnected. EU model only I believe.
OK, you got me. What does raising the landing gear have to do with video and camera settings?

Some users experience a disconnect which causes camera settings to reset when landing gear is raised.

Those users should have already contacted Yuneec to get that fixed.

Have not reported mine yet as I can live with it until winter months. I do not want to be without my H for weeks on end during productive time. I hope next firmware upgrade may help along with the issue of the 2-3 minutes it takes to connect wifi.

I understand that better than you know, having just killed off my CGO-3 in an attempt to adjust the lens focus. For those that want to try doing that themselves, be advised the connection between the ribbon cable and the board is fragile and twisting it just a little says bye-bye to the camera.

The point of relating that is had I sent the camera in to Yuneec for correction I would not now be paying $599.00 for a new camera. Experiencing a reset with camera settings when cycling the gear indicates there could be a more serious underlying problem than interruption of WiFi, perhaps with the potential to cost us the entire aircraft should it become more severe over time. Losing a couple weeks is cheaper than replacing something a lot more expensive.

I understand that better than you know, having just killed off my CGO-3 in an attempt to adjust the lens focus. For those that want to try doing that themselves, be advised the connection between the ribbon cable and the board is fragile and twisting it just a little says bye-bye to the camera.

The point of relating that is had I sent the camera in to Yuneec for correction I would not now be paying $599.00 for a new camera. Experiencing a reset with camera settings when cycling the gear indicates there could be a more serious underlying problem than interruption of WiFi, perhaps with the potential to cost us the entire aircraft should it become more severe over time. Losing a couple weeks is cheaper than replacing something a lot more expensive.

I take your thoughts on board and will act accordingly. I have a 3DR x8 that could do with some exercise.

Me too. I'll be working that and a Chroma until the new camera arrives. I'm sending in the old one for a very non warranty repair and hoping for the best.

There is a guy USDRONEREPAIR here, Jeremy in Cali, he has carried out miracles to repair my zenmuse gimbal and has done the same for for others with chroma and other makes, if you have not already forked out the cash I'd say it's worth a giving him a shout, even if you have paid, you might have your original CGO3P back working as a spare for very little money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
There is a guy USDRONEREPAIR here, Jeremy in Cali, he has carried out miracles to repair my zenmuse gimbal and has done the same for for others with chroma and other makes, if you have not forked out the cash already I'd say it's worth a giving him a shout, even if you have paid, you might have your original CGO3P back working as a spare for very little money.

mweir, this is exactly the kind of info that makes this forum so valuable for drone owners and I want to thank you for this post.

Reactions: banned user
Thanks for the tip, I'll look check it out. I've ordered another camera to keep things going until the original can be repaired or declared completely done in.

A word of advice to those considering refocusing their lens. It can be done but I used Bo's lens video for a guide instead of Mickeyboo's. Don't do that, don't even watch Bo's video on changing the lens. Just don't. If you follow Mickeyboo's video guide you will not be separating the camera board from the front camera shroud and would not put the ribbon cable flex joint at risk. Replacing the ribbon cable in the correct position after separation from the board is a geometry nightmare if you did not take photos of it before separation. The ribbon cable flex joint is extremely fragile and will not tolerate any twists induced by rotating the camera board. I made a real expensive mistake. Hopefully many will learn from it and not repeat it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval