Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H hits branch and flies on 5 motors.

Reaction score
I got motion sickness watching that. :)

Pretty sweet Typhoon and smart thinking on the part of the operator to get it home safely.

Reaction score
What's with the uncontrollable spin?

My experience has been when a motor does go bad, it shorts out or bearings freeze.
I wonder if the H can shut voltage down to that motor with out it bringing the whole electrical system down.

Reaction score
What's with the uncontrollable spin?

My experience has been when a motor does go bad, it shorts out or bearings freeze.
I wonder if the H can shut voltage down to that motor with out it bringing the whole electrical system down.
I think that is what it does. At least in this video it looks like the branch stopping the prop, only stopped the one prop and the others carried on. Although I didn't think it would spin as much as it does (kinda like a helicopter with the tail rotor damaged).

Reaction score
On my second flight (where I was trying to get the camera in record) I also hit a branch.. Both blades on one propeller snapped off. H landed quit normally on 5. No spinning like in picture. Put new prop on , no trouble ever since

RBC

Reaction score
I confirmed with Yuneec Tech Support. They said it should not spin. However, they said you should land it when it goes into 5 motor mode as soon as possible as it is not good to continue to fly it in 5 motor mode.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeFound