Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H motors not starting

OK, here's the test shots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-14-16-36-49.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-16-36-49.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2020-05-14-16-37-00.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-16-37-00.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 10
That data seems to be telling us the controller can 'see" the satellites fine, that it is calculating the position, and even has good accuracy. I.e.; Controller GPS itself is not the problem.
Yet, somehow, the controller is not reporting itself as GPS ready in the Flight log data. More importantly, that failure to report seems to be causing the problem with no motor start.
I'm in an unfamiliar place with this. One recommendation would be to take the controller apart, unplug everything, and plug it back it. But that's pretty much the UAV equivalent of "whack it with a hammer". Sort of a general remedy for whatever ails the thing, without a lot of science to back it up.
Before doing that, it would be great to try another controller. It doesn't have to be an ST16. You can use an ST10, ST10+ or ST12 to bind and run the motors on a Typhoon H. Do you have any controllers available that could be used to second guess the current belief that this is a controller issue?

No, the only other controller I have is a Spektrum DX5e for a plane that I have.
I do have the Wizard controller that came with the H.
I got it to bind, but it also displays the same issue with no motor start.
In the absence of any other ideas, I'm going to replace the main board in the H and see what happens.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Problem solved. I got the new main board and flight controller board installed last night, got the H to bind to the ST16. Calibrated the compass between rain showers today and away she went. I did find out that in addition to the main board/fc board, my RealSense module was also bad. I don't know why the data was so conflicting, but I really appreciate everyone's help in the troubleshooting phase. I learned a lot about the hidden menus and tests available on the ST16.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430