Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H motors not starting

I use it for playing music while I fly.

Not in the ST16, but the flight control board inside the H. It is not one you can get to without partly disassembling the drone and removing the control board from the main board.

Quick question. What is purpose for the micro sd card socket on the bottom of the flight control board?
There is no micro SD card socket on a Typhoon H. But there is one on an H-Plus. Did I misunderstand which drone you have?

Correction: Some Typhoon H FC boards do have SD Card sockets, as noted in post below by @John Hennessy and PM from @h-elsner. A photograph of the two versions side by side can be seen in @Pöllö's thread here:
"Typhoon H 480 PX4 v1.10 (Stability issues ;-)"

Hi Just to confuse you more in the thread for the THUNDER H with different firmware they talk about an FC with an SD cardholder. Very few have them but some do.
I am with Murray and don't think that the H is Bound to the st16 the camera is working but the H is not bound. Just my 2 bobs worth for the confusion factor to help Murray.
Johnno Hennessy

Hi Just to confuse you more in the thread for the THUNDER H with different firmware they talk about an FC with an SD cardholder. Very few have them but some do.
I am with Murray and don't think that the H is Bound to the st16 the camera is working but the H is not bound. Just my 2 bobs worth for the confusion factor to help Murray.
Johnno Hennessy
What I had happen on Monday night was, when I hit the start button I kept getting the 3 descending tones like the H was powering off, but it never actually did. I kept binding with the H, but it wasn't holding it turned out. This led me to believe it was a corrupt model, so I created a new H and re-named it. Then I bound with that one and have had no issue since.

*****Note...I am referring to the start button on the ST16 not the power button on the H*****

Last edited:
Thanks, I did that as well. The only thing I get is 3 descending tones.
(The quote above was made back in post #7, related to turning GPS off.)
1.) Were the three descending tones heard immediately, or after about 7-8 second delay?
2.) Did the rear LED change to rapid flashing blue?

Also see correction to post #25 about the SD Card slot. Turns out that sometimes there is a card slot. I learned something.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I will sit them both outside and get back with you in about 20. (From Post #7 above)
@Ozark,
It may help if you will upload your flight logs, especially from the "flight" where it was sitting outside for awhile. We may be able to find a clue in the data.

(See Attachment 51 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) in this document for a couple ways to retrieve the logs if needed: "Way To Fix Drones project" )

Sorry about the delay guys. Family emergency has had me tied up for the past few days.

I have checked the gps battery and it has 2.29 volts and rapidly counts up when I insert the battery, so it's good there. Also, no corrosion on the connector.
I checked all of the connectors accessible from the top and they're all clean and fully seated.
I removed the realsense module and it made no difference; however when installed it is not recognized in the gui.
When I booted up the H, it no longer has a red status led. I turned it off and double checked the status plug and it's good. When changing flight modes it flashes green and blue appropriately, but no red in home mode.
I rebooted and it still has no red status led, and the bind led is now green. (I assume the absence of red caused that)
I did look at some logs through the UavToolBox software and while sitting on the back porch the drone shows to be moving quite a bit, although it is not. Maybe the gps inaccuracies?
I did a factory restore on the ST16, and recalibrated the controls.
I restored the H to the newest firmware again.
I built a new model and upon binding still have the same problem but also have the addition of no red status LED.

I'm thinking new control board time.

Log #21 is the one where it sat on the back porch.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 4
Will check out the logs later. The absence of red for orange will be green. It could be that there is poor solder on the tricolor board. Found that on one of @WTFDproject’s tricolor boards on the LED chip itself.

Reactions: Ozark
Nope, the solders look good under magnification. Also, they all momentarily light when the drone boots up, including the red.

Log #21 is the one where it sat on the back porch.
Sorry to keep you waiting so long on a reply. Got involved in some unexpected chores.

Took a look at the 3 real flights and they seem OK. For file 00021 You had IMU Status values of 97 and 65.

The 97 tells us that the ST16 Compass is good, the TH GPS is good, and the IMU is good. You are missing ST16 GPS and the TH Compass. Probably need to do a compass calibration.

The 65 tells us that during this time you lost good GPS on the TH itself even with it detecting 13 to 14 satellites during that period. This is normal when the system is not out in the open.

I'm not sure where the ST16 was located, but you never obtained a good GPS fix on it. This is the reason you never got a GPS Ready.

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Won't the H fly without gps lock, with the gps turned off through the ST16?
I did calibrate the compass several times and it appeared to take (H rebooted every time and the light changed to reflect the flight mode).
I do have a "new to me" main board and flight control board coming so I'll be curious to see what that does with the gps board in my drone. So many weird things happening all at once has me puzzled. The ST16 was sitting on a banister about 3 feet above the H in the open. That's troubling too. I'll try to get a gps lock again when it stops raining here; probably next week according to weather.

Last edited:
I can tell you that being on the porch is not a good place to try for GPS Ready. My home in Michigan is horrible. Two story homes with plaster walls and a lot of tall trees. GPS Ready blinks in and out constantly.

The aircraft itself seems to have decent GPS, but you are not getting a good GPS from the ST16. Take both to an open grassy area and let them sit for 15 minutes powered up and see if you get a good steady GPS Ready. If you do take a flight just flying box patterns, figure eights, and such. Then upload the Flightlog from that session.

Be sure to give the sticks a good stir and check them and all other controls in the Hardware Monitor before taking off.

OK. I'll do that. We're having some pretty good rain right now so it'll be a couple of days (hopefully).
I'll let you know as soon as I get the opportunity.
Thanks again.

You never know about the weather in the Ozarks. It cleared off this afternoon and I set the H and controller out in the back yard. Attached is the flightlog. Still no motors so no flight.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
You have a problem with the ST16. It never acquired GPS. Which was the same thing seen on the last soaks.
It would be good if you would run a Controller GPS test and upload a screenshot of the results. The document attached below shows how to run the test. This may help determine if it is a problem with generating GPS data, or if it is a problem with how the controller is using the data.

Attachments

• ST16 Controller GPS Check.pdf
    812.2 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33