Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus prop guards

Reaction score
These guards are made for the H480, bought a set of these on ebay for $10 hoping they'd fit the H Plus. I can almost get the bottom part to snap on but it really feels like I'm using too much force and I don't want to risk breaking anything. I thought I'd pass on the info so no one else make my mistake.
prop guards.png

Reactions: AeroJ
normal, the diameters of the engines are bigger on the H PLUS. Too much force is never good with this type of material, but thanks for the info.

Thanks for posting - you won't be the only one to whom this thought occurs :)

I don't know if are the same I bought on Amazon ( Typhoon H Prop Guards )
but if they are the solution is pretty easy.

I had the same problem of needing a lot of pressure for to detach the two parts, and I see that the problem is that the four tongues need to be pressed at the same time for to release the upper element.

I realized that just the two in the front are enough for to maintain the two parts attached, while the two back ones are just for to define the position of the assembling... so I just took a file and reduced the " stops" of the two back tongues, and now to install and detach the protection is a breeze.

Just be sure don't file too much ....file a little, try the assembling, file again...try again....you know.hope this help.

DSCN7653.JPGDSCN7658.JPGDSCN7654.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry my dear, it is google translate, i don't speak english

No worries. Now you know that Google messes up sometimes and can easily correct its mistake. But I have also seen native English speakers refer to them as "engines", so thought it was worth pointing out the differences.

Bonne journée

Reactions: PatR
No worries. Now you know that Google messes up sometimes and can easily correct its mistake. But I have also seen native English speakers refer to them as "engines", so thought it was worth pointing out the differences.

Bonne journée
ok no problem

........ Engines burn fuel, motors consume electrons :)

An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert one form of energy into mechanical energy. Heat engines burn a fuel to create heat which is then used to do work.
Engine - Wikipedia

There are electric and mechanical motors
Engin - Wikipedia

@oliver We know what you were speaking about, so if you want to use engine that's fine with me and I'm sure with many others!

Hmmm, motor mounts.
Can a soft thin rubber grommet be attached between the electric motor and the arm to rid of some of the vibration?

Hmmm, motor mounts.
Can a soft thin rubber grommet be attached between the electric motor and the arm to rid of some of the vibration?

We used to use a rubber mount, sort of a big thick grommet, on 4-cycle nitro engines to tame the vibration.

With electrics it seems that balancing your props is the most effective vibration reducing thing you can do. If it's still shaking then you have something else going wrong.

We used to use a rubber mount, sort of a big thick grommet, on 4-cycle nitro engines to tame the vibration.

With electrics it seems that balancing your props is the most effective vibration reducing thing you can do. If it's still shaking then you have something else going wrong.
I don't have issues with vibration coming from the props, but I do notice a tiny bit of vibration, so I'm thinking this is normal considering the motors aren't the best in the world. New motors, ahhhhh electric motors!:oops:

I should also mention when installing the new motors, I had to use a slightly larger Philips to properly seat the screws.
It did peel a little bit of plastic off the sides of 2 engines, motors, the thing that turns the blades. You know the thing majigie.

My 1st car was a 65 Baja Bug. Took the rubber mounts off, made it solid with a strap around the transaxle.....could pop the front wheels over a beer bottle.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy