Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus questions - possible new customer

Reaction score
Does it auto RTH or just auto land? When signal lost? When battery is getting low?

Is it capable of 3d mapping? I didn’t see any apps out there for it, so wanted to ask everyone that has experience with it.

@micron929rr
re: RTH
When Home Mode is switched on or activated by the Typhoon H, it will:
1) Rotate to face home - then fly to the home position
2) Above home position rotates to face away from the home position
3) Lower the Landing Gear
4) Automatically land & Turn off the motors.
The Pilot can control the aircraft during descent for better positioning.

If the signal/link to the ST16s (remote control) is lost, the TYPHOON H Plus will automatically enter RTL mode
(with a suitable GPS signal/lock) and land.

I do not see any discussion in the manual regarding low battery... will have to do more looking on that topic.

3D mapping: not that I am aware of. I think you need to look at the Yuneec commercial line of drones if this is a requirement.

@micron929rr

If the signal/link to the ST16s (remote control) is lost, the TYPHOON H Plus will automatically enter RTL mode

I do not see any discussion in the manual regarding low battery... will have to do more looking on that topic.

3D mapping: not that I am aware of. I think you need to look at the Yuneec commercial line of drones if this is a requirement.[/QUOTE
@micron929rr

3D mapping: not that I am aware of. I think you need to look at the Yuneec commercial line of drones if this is a requirement.
Thanks for the information!! When signal is lost it goes into RTL mode? Does that mean it just lands wherever it is?

@micron929rr For some reason, your question in your second post didn't show up, but it did in the email notification:

"Thanks for the information!! When signal is lost it goes into RTL mode? Does that mean it just lands wherever it is?"

RTL has two modes:
  1. Land at Home (where home was the initial launch position established by the GPS)
  2. Land at Controller (land close to the remote controller).
The only time the Typhoon 'just lands wherever it is' is on critical low battery - to keep it from 'falling' out of the sky.

Thank you so much for the replies! I wish I could do mapping with this drone....I really appreciate your help!

The 2 modes are:
1) Pilot commanded RTH,
Aircraft will fly back to the CURRENT position of the ST-16, land, and shut off motors.
2) Due to CONTROL signal loss between the ST-16 and the aircraft.
Aircraft will fly back to the LAST KNOWN position of the ST-16, Hover at an altitude of 15-20 feet. Once the battery runs low enough it will then auto land.
I have had scenario #2 happen to me, not a fun thing, my ST-16 battery died. Was able to get plugged into my car USB and get it powered back up before the flight battery died.

Reactions: Steve Carr
good luck with that buddy
My H+ has performed the RTL perfectly multiple times now. A couple of times I hit the RTL button to initiate, a few times the H+ has exceeded WiFi control distance and auto-triggered the RTL, and a couple of times I've let the H+ trigger the RTL due to low battery (just to test the feature). So far, I have never had the RTL feature fail to return to launch and either land, or attempt to land before I aborted the RTL sequence.
I always check when the H+ is launched to make sure the message box is displayed that the home location has been stored.

Still the only RTL option is to land where the controller position was last known?

Still the only RTL option is to land where the controller position was last known?
No, RTL has two options:
  1. Land at the launch position as defined by the GPS coordinates of the H+ when the H+ launches (takeoff location).
  2. Land at the present coordinates of the controller. (Dynamic Home)
Where RTL lands is determined by a selection in the flight control application.

Mapping can be done manually if the block isn't too big :)
I shot this one on a P4P, flew up and down slowly taking photos manually as I went making sure there was a good overlap then stitched them together in Photoshop, finished file size was bloody HUGE! 350mb as a JPEG!! But the detail was great :)

COUTTS ROAD PROJECT HALF SIZE COMPRESSED.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval