Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus will not start motors

Reaction score
Received my drone back from Yuneec repair, had defective landing gear that would not come back down before landing.
Now that I have it back I can not get the motors to start, I get a short audible sound on the controller and drone and also notice a green arrow (like mouse pointer) in the middle of my display that goes away just as the audible tone stops. I have tried re-calibrating several times yet I notice on the display that GPS constantly reads "acquiring"
Also completed a Re-binding with same results, even in "H" flight mode (Red light on drone, blinking for no GPS) I still can not start motors with same results as above.

Drone was sent in for repair with controller, controller and drone both had neon green paint on them to differentiate between friends units so I am sure this is the units I sent in.

So to clarify: in an open outdoor area there are not numbers listed for satellites?
Does the ST16 acquire any satellites?
Do the units both have current firmware?
Where do you send it for repair?

testing in an outdoor area, number of satellites listed (shown in left column) is12,
odd thing is that you can not even start in "H" mode which I understand that you do not need GPS for this mode and motors should start with this condition selected

Sent for repair to a place in NY that Yuneec directed me to send to, its a radio repair place that is authorized to repair Yuneec drones from my understanding.

Just a thought,,Did you try re-binding it since you got it back?
If you sent it to VERTIGO DROWNS,everything should be good,,ive used them for repairs and they do a very nice job..

testing in an outdoor area, number of satellites listed (shown in left column) is12,
odd thing is that you can not even start in "H" mode which I understand that you do not need GPS for this mode and motors should start with this condition selected

Sent for repair to a place in NY that Yuneec directed me to send to, its a radio repair place that is authorized to repair Yuneec drones from my understanding.

I think I saw your post in another forum and if that is the case you answered some of my questions in that forum in this post.

Not sure what you mean by “H” mode. There is Smart, Angle, and Home modes. Smart and Home both require a GPS acquired to operate. If you are in Home mode the props will not start.

If you have been in an open field for 15 minutes and still do not get GPS acquired, it is very likely that the GPS module or the FC module were damaged during the repair. Is there evidence of a test flight being performed by United Radio in the FlightLog folder on the ST-16 where they should have performed a post repair test flight?

Have you connected the TH to the GUI to see if it reports any problems?

Thanks for opening my eyes @Phaedrus. This could be a different person than on Yuneec-forum, but the opening description is almost word for word hence my association of the two. The other post was for a TH Pro.

@wllmsnamy, if you do have an H Plus there is no GUI to connect to.

I now know what “H” mode is , Home mode. The motors will not arm in that mode. Refer to page 23 in the attached manual.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.7.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 5
First thing I would do is review those left column numbers again to determine if every field was reporting. If not I would then check bind status.

Second thing I would do is open up the controller to see if the wires to the arming button got pinched and cut between the front and back halves of the transmitter.

Not the case at all, sorry was busy with July shutdown projects at work. Engineers only get two times a year to implement new technology and equipment, week of the 4th of July and one week in December over Christmas week. But anyway the Drone was repaired for landing Gear not going back down when requested for landing, after it was sent back I am having nothing but problems with it and can not fly it all now. Was repaired by United Radio in NY and now they inform me that they no longer are a Yuneec Repair facility and asked that I contact
Ken -A- Vision Service:
5615 Raytown Road
Kansas City, MO 64133
816-595-5600
[email protected]

Are you certain that you have the mode switch in the center (Angle mode) position?

Have you tried another location to see if you are able to acquire GPS?

If you are still having trouble acquiring GPS, then they probably messed up the GPS or FC module in the aircraft.

Side note: sounds like changeover at a car plant.

I had the same case a few months ago, I had just made an update and I had 20 satellites + 12.
I started the beep, but the engines did not start. I had to completely redo the installation and everything worked.
I remember it well, I lost a day of work with a dissatisfied customer.
I sent this picture to Yuneec Europe

What got my curiosity is the green arrow showing up then disappearing. You Plus guys get the H480 green arrow without telling anybody?

Just hoping the wrong firmware didn’t get loaded into the ST16s, or somehow co-mingled.

Jeff

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval