Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Pro Firmware Bug or no bug..Yuneec says...

RBC

Reaction score
Here is the link for anyone wanting to get the background from my earlier post.

Looks like there is a Bug in Typhoon H Pro firmware.

I spoke with Yuneec Tech Support this afternoon to find out more about my issue. Yuneec says the issue I described is not a firmware bug. It is designed that way. In other words, the H Pro software is programmed for the H Pro to descend from its current altitude (i.e., 250 ft, 350 ft, etc..) if RTH is activated when OA is set to "Off" on the way back to its home point. The reason for this is that the software programmers needed to have two different algorithms for RTH on the H Pro, one for RTH when OA/RealSense is set to "Off" and one for RTH when OA/RealSense is set to "On".

I told Yuneec that was not logical. If they needed two different RTH algorithms with one holding the set altitude and one where the H Pro descends on the way back to the home point, it should have been just the opposite. With RealSense turned off, the H Pro needs to maintain altitude to avoid hitting any obstructions on the way back to the home point. When Real Sense is turned on, the H Pro should be able to go around obstructions so it would not be as bad for the H to descend on the way back to the home point, (unless it lands in a tree underneath it... LOL).

Yuneec Tech Support said, "Well, why wouldn't someone just turn on the OA/RealSense when they activate RTH?" I said there is no documentation that tells customers to do this. Customers do not know that the H Pro will begin to descend when RTH is activated with OA/RealSense set to "Off". Also, if the battery is low, if they turn on RealSense, the H Pro may never get back to the Home point because speed is reduced to 7 -10 mph.

Yuneec Tech Support said there is no documentation for the H Pro yet as it was released earlier than expected. A documentation manual for the H Pro is supposed to be available in the next few weeks.

In any event, just wanted everyone to be aware of the latest on this.

Have Fun and Fly Safely.

Last edited:
Omg.....
That is the most ridiculous statement by them.
I agree RTH should hold or increase alt, not descend. Real sense on or off.

Setting RTH height is a problem across the Yuneec line.
The Q500,and the Tornado guys all complain about it.

Last edited:
@RBC ... Yuneec is going to look in to this immediately. We are testing today. We will advise of our results.

Here is the link for anyone wanting to get the background from my earlier post.

Looks like there is a Bug in Typhoon H Pro firmware.

I spoke with Yuneec Tech Support this afternoon to find out more about my issue. Yuneec says the issue I described is not a firmware bug. It is designed that way. In other words, the H Pro software is programmed for the H Pro to descend from its current altitude (i.e., 250 ft, 350 ft, etc..) if RTH is activated when OA is set to "Off" on the way back to its home point. The reason for this is that the software programmers needed to have two different algorithms for RTH on the H Pro, one for RTH when OA/RealSense is set to "Off" and one for RTH when OA/RealSense is set to "On".

I told Yuneec that was not logical. If they needed two different RTH algorithms with one holding the set altitude and one where the H Pro descends on the way back to the home point, it should have been just the opposite. With RealSense turned off, the H Pro needs to maintain altitude to avoid hitting any obstructions on the way back to the home point. When Real Sense is turned on, the H Pro should be able to go around obstructions so it would not be as bad for the H to descend on the way back to the home point, (unless it lands in a tree underneath it... LOL).

Yuneec Tech Support said, "Well, why wouldn't someone just turn on the OA/RealSense when they activate RTH?" I said there is no documentation that tells customers to do this. Customers do not know that the H Pro will begin to descend when RTH is activated with OA/RealSense set to "Off". Also, if the battery is low, if they turn on RealSense, the H Pro may never get back to the Home point because speed is reduced to 7 -10 mph.

Yuneec Tech Support said there is no documentation for the H Pro yet as it was released earlier than expected. A documentation manual for the H Pro is supposed to be available in the next few weeks.

In any event, just wanted everyone to be aware of the latest on this.

Have Fun and Fly Safely.

I think RTH should have a couple of options:

1. Default (L pattern)
a. RTH with OA on/of = BELOW 30, fly up to 30, come home descend.
b. RTH with OA on/of = ABOVE 30 , hold height, come home descend.

2. Direct (point to point)
a. RTH with OA on/off = BELOW 30 = same as 1 a.
b. RTH with OA on/of = ABOVE 30 = come home in a straight line while avoiding objects to 30 feet above home then descend. This will be quicker to get back and saves the battery.

Any other thoughts...

Yuneec conducted a series of very basic tests today and have validated that when OA is turned off on the Pro version, and RTH is initiated, the H will begin its descent while returning. This is not the desired or expected behavior. Our US product manager will be working with the lead engineer in China to update our firmware. We will be publishing a notice recommending having OA on when RTH is activated until we can release new firmware.

@RBC ... Thank you for contacting me about this. We will have it rectified shortly.

Reactions: THoff
Yuneec conducted a series of very basic tests today and have validated that when OA is turned off on the Pro version, and RTH is initiated, the H will begin its descent while returning. This is not the desired or expected behavior. Our US product manager will be working with the lead engineer in China to update our firmware. We will be publishing a notice recommending having OA on when RTH is activated until we can release new firmware.

@RBC ... Thank you for contacting me about this. We will have it rectified shortly.
Thank you Yuneec for validating that the firmware was not operating as intended and your notice to H Pro owners what we should do as an interim workaround until a permanent fix is achieved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval