Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H+ Team mode

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking at purchasing an H Plus for some work with a production company. I really like the Team Mode function, however when I was speaking with a retailer yesterday, he said that the function was not available on the H Plus.

Looking through the forums it seems to be available. Can anyone please confirm the Team Mode functionality for me?

Thank you

Chris

This is not the best confirmation since I did not try it in flight, but:
I set up two controllers. One as "Master" and one as "Slave". The master will at least start the motors (I'm inside), but will not control the camera/tilt/pan. The slave will control the camera/tilt/pan, but will not start the motors. So that sounds about right.
I had never tried to set up Team Mode before. I reviewed the ST16S on-screen instructions and also the guidance in Linking Two ST16S Controllers. Not sure what I missed, but I had to start all over and make sure the "Master" ST16S was bound to the drone before starting into setting up the Team Mode. Then everything else pretty much worked as described. Seems easy enough now.

The retailer is incorrect. On the H Plus, team mode is available. As mentioned above the 'Master' controller operates the aircraft and the 'slave' operates the camera. I think @DCH uses team mode quite a bit and perhaps discuss in detail.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The retailer is 100% incorrect! I have used the Team Mode many times on my H+. I set the slave up with a set of VR goggles and it allows the person using the slave to concentrate on the filming without any regard to the flight of the drone. It is a great mode especially when filming moving objects such as car to allow the camera to remain centered on the subject and the pilot to concentrate on the location of the drone!!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hmmm, I think the ST-16S controller is the same as the one used for the 520 BUT, I think it has a different firmware or software version that you would need to update but I am not 100% on that but for sure one from a Plus will work.

Just as an aside, for those that want to experience having camera control moved to the right stick, when running a CCC mission, you can put the camera in 'Global' mode and the right stick controls the camera as the mission runs - just like Team Mode.

Reactions: DoomMeister
With regards to the second controller, does it need to be specific to the H+, or can any ST16S work?

The one I used for the experiment above was originally an ST16S for an H520 ("DataPilot"). I had converted it earlier to the original Typhoon H (FlightMode) firmware. For this experiment I simply loaded the APP (FlightMode2) for HPlus ST16S . The options seem pretty wide. We can certainly experiment for you with anything you want to try before you buy it.

Hmmm, I think the ST-16S controller is the same as the one used for the 520 BUT, I think it has a different firmware or software version that you would need to update but I am not 100% on that but for sure one from a Plus will work.

Just as an aside, for those that want to experience having camera control moved to the right stick, when running a CCC mission, you can put the camera in 'Global' mode and the right stick controls the camera as the mission runs - just like Team Mode.
Any ST16S will work as long as you have the app for the H+ installed.
@WTFDproject beat me to the punch. He will do a better job of guidance for this anyway.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I really like the Team Mode function, however when I was speaking with a retailer yesterday, he said that the function was not available on the H Plus.
The retailer is incorrect. On the H Plus, team mode is available. As mentioned above the 'Master' controller operates the aircraft and the 'slave' operates the camera. I think @DCH uses team mode quite a bit and perhaps discuss in detail.
Well I'm really late to this party! I guess I was BLOS.😧 @Ty Pilot is correct, Team Mode is definitely available in the Plus, and it works great! I love it! There is a very specific procedure to link it all up that can be found here: Linking Two ST16S Controllers , but once you do the results are fantastic. Even a total novice can operate the camera with only minimal instructions using the joystick mode, I have recruited such novices with great results.

New question on older post: How far apart can the two ST16s controllers be in team mode?
Assumptions:
1) line of sight between the typhoon h plus, and both operators
2) clear weather, low RF interference
3) standard Yuneec antennae

I don't believe there is any communication between the controllers after setting up Team mode. Each controller communicates with the drone or the camera. But.........I've never tested it so I may be incorrect.
I would think the operators would need to talk during the flight so that would certainly limit the distance.

Reactions: MountainDroneTN
If memory serves me correctly the H+ does link the controllers for team mode and the slave that controls the camera sends the commands to the master for transmission to the aircraft/camera.

@DCH @Ty Pilot and @WTFDproject may be able to confirm or deny that belief.

With the H480 the controllers operate independently in team mode. The master for the aircraft and the slave for the camera.

@Enrico Jorysch and @h-elsner may also have knowledge in this area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval