Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 and E90 parts and teardown

Great post and work! Did you also take photos of the unit as you were tearing down? Eg - taking the top cover off and showing where all those components are?

Great post and work! Did you also take photos of the unit as you were tearing down? Eg - taking the top cover off and showing where all those components are?
What would you like to see?
I'm doing it again on Thursday/Friday.
But in reverse I'll probably record it and upload if you like?

basically what is directly under the top of the shell and where, possibly same for bottom - for those of us mounting things like strobe lights / accessories it is helpful to know where we can and where we shouldn't put things depending on the layout inside the aircraft.

Reactions: Haydn
Nice work Haydn, do you know if the yaw motor is the same as h480 ?
I have some buzzing an jiggle problem with mine, and I would like to know if I have to send it back or change it myself.

Reactions: Haydn
I believe they are different.
The slip ring is different as well.
I tried doing a repair to one a couple of days ago and found out when I went to insert it in. :,(

Btw have you seen Phil Colsen or there....
He's in Agents of Shield and often taking about Tahiti. :p

Did you try hiding the gimbal to price it is the yaw motor.
I believe this is a common thing.
A new camera I sent to a customer on Monday he said did this.
I had to send a new one.
Then I read that it could be firmware related.
Roll back to the previous version of the gimbal firmware if you can.

When I touch the yaw motor it's stop buzzing, the pitch and roll motor are pretty smooth, as soon I move my hand, the buzz start again.(sorry for my english)
It's a brand new, fly only one time and the video was shaky, so I check it all and discovering this.
so I decide to update the firmware in case of, but it's the same.
Maybe a manufacture problem or yaw motor calibration (but to manage it we need the software from yuneec.)

You could try a calibration of the gimbal

I've got an H520 with the antenna broken off. Looks easy enough to replace, but having trouble finding it. Anyone been able to find one??

Attachments

• IMG_3455.JPG
    IMG_3455.JPG
    835.2 KB · Views: 30
I have then in stock in Australia

I've got an H520 with the antenna broken off. Looks easy enough to replace, but having trouble finding it. Anyone been able to find one??

Haydn who's a phenomenon, gives you the piece, but how did you break it? It's always interesting to know so that the rest of us learn not to do things we shouldn't do :)

It's actually not to hard.
I had one break in me in a hard Case.
I used the H480 case and with the camera Still attached.
Since the camera I think hangs a little lower it places real pressure on the bottom of the camera...... That bottom most piece is the be of the mushroom.
It takes all the pressure being squashed down on it.

So to keep them safe.... Remove the camera and place back in its original foam box.

It's actually not to hard.
I had one break in me in a hard Case.
I used the H480 case and with the camera Still attached.
Since the camera I think hangs a little lower it places real pressure on the bottom of the camera...... That bottom most piece is the be of the mushroom.
It takes all the pressure being squashed down on it.

So to keep them safe.... Remove the camera and place back in its original foam box.

I use the backpack of the H480 but with the original foam of the H520. I don't think it touches anything. Anyway, if I'm not using it, I keep the E90 in its original box. Following the advice given around here, when I have it in my backpack and to prevent the dumpers from stretching, I have put a little more foam under the E90 to make a little pressure and not force the dumpers. That's just the opposite of what you're saying. I'm confused o_O

You need to be careful as the antenna is the lowest point of the camera. That's all.
If the foam is too rigid then you can cause it to break.

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval