Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 DataPilot (TM) Pics

Niceeeeee

Being able to create custom profiles is a very good thing. Can they be saved under your own name? allowed by the application?

Can you set the Home wherever you want?

Once the mission has been created, it is very useful to know the maximum distance to the farthest point and to know if you are going to lose the telemetry, I imagine it is calculated in a straight line and from the Home. It's a very interesting feature.

Now that the embargo is lifted, I'm happy to talk openly about DataPilot™, as I have been actively involved in its development, featureset, GUI.
First; it will in no way be compatible with the Typhoon H. The flightstack on the H and the 520 are as different as Windows and Apple.
DataPilot is heavily rested on the SDK features of the Px4 flight stack that cannot communicate with the Typhoon H. Think of it as open loop vs closed loop development.

The ST16S can run the software, but it cannot run software for both applications installed. The hope of running both an H and a 520 on the same ST16S isn't going to be possible.
Non-square missions are very quick to build. Polygons with external turnarounds, 90 degree/crosshatch, etc all easy to build. The application automatically calculates battery swaps and manages battery swaps flawlessly. I've flown missions of up to 8 batteries.

Here is an image of a mission that is generated on the desktop version of DataPilot™ and emailed to the pilot directly to the ST16S, so that he can fly it while someone else designed the mission in another city/location.
View attachment 7095

well that answers the question !
NO SDK for the typhoon H since it was developed on a different platform .

Im done buying there Junk ....
lies after lies ....

well that answers the question !
NO SDK for the typhoon H since it was developed on a different platform .

Im done buying there Junk ....
lies after lies ....
Are you under the impression that Yuneec was developing an SDK for the Typhoon H? That has never been stated nor hinted at by the company. If Yuneec didn't say they'd develop an SDK for the Typhoon H, how would could you call them untruthful?

To give an idea of testing, here is a music video where the H520 was used, and the first "public" testing of DataPilot™.

Thanks Eyewingsuit for posting and other information you've provided on DataPilot but quite honestly I couldn't see anything in the video clips shown that would have required me to use DataPilot to get those results. What am I missing here, was it used for the two guys standing on the buses? Was it used for the evening scenes? The segments have such short durations. I'm very elderly and I'm used to segments which last more than 2 seconds when telling a story forgive me for missing how this illustrates the capabilities of DataPilot

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
I'm with you mickeyboo.....
I guess I'm too old. But I muted the sound after about 4 words.
I gathered that the Aerial footage at night of Vegas would be stock licenced footage.
And the footage at the empty lot with the Motorhomes and the ATV are where the H520 was used.
I couldn't work out what shots where with the H520 as most of them were looking up their pants and the cameras can only look up at 20', from my understanding.

I get mine next week so am looking forward to trying it out.

Question.
With DataPilot can I specify a flight path that takes it past the range of the controller? That is, behind a mountain...
So for SAR we can plot the course on the backside of the mountain and then have it return?
I understand about LOS etc. But this is for my customers who have exemptions for that.

Thanks for all your guys input in helping to make the next version better and better. Keep it going!

I'm with you mickeyboo.....
I guess I'm too old. But I muted the sound after about 4 words.
I gathered that the Aerial footage at night of Vegas would be stock licenced footage.
And the footage at the empty lot with the Motorhomes and the ATV are where the H520 was used.
I couldn't work out what shots where with the H520 as most of them were looking up their pants and the cameras can only look up at 20', from my understanding.

I get mine next week so am looking forward to trying it out.

Question.
With DataPilot can I specify a flight path that takes it past the range of the controller? That is, behind a mountain...
So for SAR we can plot the course on the backside of the mountain and then have it return?
I understand about LOS etc. But this is for my customers who have exemptions for that.

Thanks for all your guys input in helping to make the next version better and better. Keep it going!
I look forward to hearing about it from you...and getting your impressions and perhaps you will be kind enough if time permits to
tell us what you think of the video capabilities, software interface etc. In the US the head of Yuneec just resigned which is a bit unsettling.

Haydn,

After a moment of fun postulating this morning, a theory for the system operating beyond the range of the controller and still be under system control, if controlled long range ops are actually possible with this system. This theory is predicated on the FC being based on an APM/Pixhawk/PX4 platform. Since APM 2.6 was introduced there have been a selection of user selectable actions to choose from if link is lost with the ground station. Three of them are land, RTH, and continue the mission. Although I see it as highly unlikely it would be possible those that set up the FC software could unknowingly check off the continue mission failsafe function instead of RTH. That particular failsafe would normally only be used when a long range telemetry radio system is employed though.

Again, pure theory and too many "if's" are in it. We don't know what we don't know.

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
Question.

Counting on the fact that I haven't tested the system but it is based on a system that I have tested and seeing the features that it has...

The short answer is YES.

The long answer is that a number of factors must be taken into account. Now flight safety has more failsafes and they have to be taken into account to perform the mission smoothly. Failsafes that affect the mission, such as loss of signal from remote control, telemetry, geophence, etc. must be deactivated or configured to continue the mission.

This is very good, it gives much more power and possibilities to the system but without forgetting the most important point that is the height of return of the RTL. The failsafe for lack of energy in the battery never has to be deactivated and you have to set the flight height for the return of the aircraft to home (the other option is to land in the place where it is at that time). We must be aware at all times of the height of the Home and the highest point you are going to go through on the lap in case you need it to make it pass over and not crash. Failure at this point has meant the loss of many aircraft, keeping in mind there is no problem :)

To give an idea of testing, here is a music video where the H520 was used, and the first "public" testing of DataPilot™.

Thanks Eyewingsuit for posting and other information you've provided on DataPilot but quite honestly I couldn't see anything in the video clips shown that would have required me to use DataPilot to get those results. What am I missing here, was it used for the two guys standing on the buses? Was it used for the evening scenes? The segments have such short durations. I'm very elderly and I'm used to segments which last more than 2 seconds when telling a story forgive me for missing how this illustrates the capabilities of DataPilot

On a film set, shots frequently need to be repeatable. Yes, these shots could have been achieved manually, of course. However, repeatedly flying a shot exactly the same way over and over, isn't reasonable to expect.
DataPilot and #H520 weren't really designed with that particular use in mind, but it's a side benefit, having a computer-controlled "jib/boom."

Here is an article showing how the Nevada Highway Patrol is using the tech.
Nevada makes a mark at InterDrone, officials say

Reactions: Rayray
Does anyone know if the Data Pilot will become available for the H920 plus?

It will not. It's entirely different hardware/firmware, and cannot be adapted to the 920+, which is similar tech to the H.

Think of it as converting a proprietary software on a proprietary/non-OS platform, to Windows or Mac. The hardware isn't able to support it.

Reactions: Rayray
On a film set, shots frequently need to be repeatable. Yes, these shots could have been achieved manually, of course. However, repeatedly flying a shot exactly the same way over and over, isn't reasonable to expect.
DataPilot and #H520 weren't really designed with that particular use in mind, but it's a side benefit, having a computer-controlled "jib/boom."

Here is an article showing how the Nevada Highway Patrol is using the tech.
Nevada makes a mark at InterDrone, officials say
Thanks, here is a set I was on in Istanbul I would have used this instead of a drone for those bus shots, I agree repetitive shots can be difficult but the moves if it was those guys on a bus didn't strike me as too difficult was that the repetitive shot we are discussing here? While both have immersive qualities this may have been another way to accomplish the shot. Thanks for the link
.Me Steadicam.jpg

I am also a Steadicam op (even have the Segway cert).
Sometimes, these kinds of setups don't lend themselves to the time required to put together a Steadicam rig. Love the little AS30 on your platform. :) Let's face it; times have significantly changed since the days of the Sony PDW setups. Once upon a time I used Red 1's for belly aerial; now, only a suicidal fool would do the same.

You know that sad feeling you get when you realise other people have more toys than you do? :D That rig looks fantastic.

Reactions: Haydn
I am also a Steadicam op (even have the Segway cert).
Sometimes, these kinds of setups don't lend themselves to the time required to put together a Steadicam rig. Love the little AS30 on your platform. :) Let's face it; times have significantly changed since the days of the Sony PDW setups. Once upon a time I used Red 1's for belly aerial; now, only a suicidal fool would do the same.
OK lad I'm putting on my wing suit and flying over....

It will not. It's entirely different hardware/firmware, and cannot be adapted to the 920+, which is similar tech to the H.

Think of it as converting a proprietary software on a proprietary/non-OS platform, to Windows or Mac. The hardware isn't able to support it.
So the shirts looking up at the bus was from the H520?
Cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage