Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 DataPilot (TM) Pics

Looks super easy to use. Who flys a 32 minute waypoint flight? From waypoints [1].png. And they only have three waypoints configured to take images (the white 1/4 curve on waypoint 8, 11 and 12).

Sweet!

Exactly what I am looking for. User selects altitude and overlap. App determines grid, based on camera and chosen parameters.

For Bob529 (32 minute waypoint flights): I will! Read: mapping, visual and thermal.

Anxious to get my hands on this bird. May have to wait though and let everyone else have the excitement of the first flights.

Jeff

Sweet!

Exactly what I am looking for. User selects altitude and overlap. App determines grid, based on camera and chosen parameters.

For Bob529 (32 minute waypoint flights): I will! Read: mapping, visual and thermal.

Anxious to get my hands on this bird. May have to wait though and let everyone else have the excitement of the first flights.

Jeff
I know, I was kidding on the 32 minute waypoints. Actually whomever setup the displayed waypoint flight did it in haste. tHEy need to go back into the general settings and change from meters to feet, and Km/h to MPH. I know the area tHEy setup to fly out by the California/Nevada state line. I also know the waypoints in the posted image haven't been individually adjusted to show camera pitch or yaw, if tHEy had, the waypoints would have the white cresent on the waypoint itself. Good demo screenshots wonder how @Rayray got them? ;P I think he knows a guy or two.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I know, I was kidding on the 32 minute waypoints. Actually whomever setup the displayed waypoint flight did it in haste. tHEy need to go back into the general settings and change from meters to feet, and Km/h to MPH. I know the area tHEy setup to fly out by the California/Nevada state line. I also know the waypoints in the posted image haven't been individually adjusted to show camera pitch or yaw, if tHEy had, the waypoints would have the white cresent on the waypoint itself. Good demo screenshots wonder how @Rayray got them? ;P I think he knows a guy or two.

Bob,

My excitement clouded my comprehension of your humor. Sorry!

I'll raise my bet by anticipating perhaps the need for an assistant to provide beverage service and maybe even peanuts during those long flights!

I think you are right about somebody knowing somebody!

:D

Due to the change in flight controllers and difference in the airframe it is highly unlikely DataPilot will be compatible with the TH.

I notice battery swap. Yuneec seems to have covered quite a bit with this new DataPilot.

i would say we have a firmware update coming soon to all the st16s out there .

as there is no 520 model to choose from . i dont see them making a 3rd st16 just for this bird .

Is this just a speculation or do you have anything to back this info up?

Not much need to speculate, why would they provide $3,000. Drone tech for a $1,000.00 drone? You don't make money selling new product that way. Toss in the 520 is designed around commercial applications, not amateur/semi pro consumer application and there's even less reason to make software backwards compatible with different hardware.

Bob,

If geo data will be used by an engineering team they would more often than not use the metric system for data capture. Easier to use as all of it is base 10.

I notice battery swap. Yuneec seems to have covered quite a bit with this new DataPilot.
There is a $10 APP which allows battery swap midway in the map making process called Maps Made Easy it returns to where it left off and finishes the map....I'm wondering once you've shot the files on the 520 if they offer anything to assemble them. PhotoScan is a couple thousand dollars and Pix4D is $4000 last time I checked for doing that task others do assembly whereby you pay by the job via the web. I've used Photoscan with Maps Made Easy for orthographic mapping which turned out pretty nicely.

Reactions: zandoli
The H520 has a completely different architecture to the Typhoon H, and Yuneec are clear that this is a commercial drone, and is distinct from the 'consumer' line up. The ST-16S is an upgrade from the standard ST-16, and the H520 has a new flight controller that supports much more sophisticated autonomous modes. So it's very unlikely that DataPilot will ever work with the Typhoon H.

I'm assuming we'll get additional announcements at InterDrone next week regarding software support for mapping and image stitching... watch this space :D

Another very interesting image is the possibility of creating polygonal zones. I was reluctant to believe that only rectangular zones could be created and with this image and a little bit of the last video we have the answer.

View media item 597

Reactions: zandoli
There is a $10 APP which allows battery swap midway in the map making process called Maps Made Easy it returns to where it left off and finishes the map....I'm wondering once you've shot the files on the 520 if they offer anything to assemble them. PhotoScan is a couple thousand dollars and Pix4D is $4000 last time I checked for doing that task others do assembly whereby you pay by the job via the web. I've used Photoscan with Maps Made Easy for orthographic mapping which turned out pretty nicely.

Am I interpreting this correctly from the Yuneec website?
Thoughts?
Precise and efficient flight plans
Yuneec DataPilot™ software system enables users to efficiently and consistently create orthomaps, 3D scans, crop data imagery, in the field or on the desktop for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths, without requiring expensive third party software.

Not much need to speculate, why would they provide $3,000. Drone tech for a $1,000.00 drone? You don't make money selling new product that way. Toss in the 520 is designed around commercial applications, not amateur/semi pro consumer application and there's even less reason to make software backwards compatible with different hardware.

Of course there was a reason to speculate, as yuneec gave very little info about the actual hardware to start with. As DataPilot is an application that can be run on android it was more than understandable to think that perhaps it could be ran with Typhoon H and ST 16. Luckily someone who actualy knows what he is talking about explained that issue to me, giving me straight to the point guides why it will not be possible.

I was really interested in that, because people were able to create waypoints planning for the H even if yuneec denied it. The same thing happened with Tornado h920 plus, also a more expensive machine with different hardware that had waypoints mission planning and yet it could be ran on Typhoon H.

And by the way Patr, I would appreciate if you could spare me your lectures about how yuneec sells products etc. unless you work for them.

Reactions: Brent D
Am I interpreting this correctly from the Yuneec website?
Thoughts?
Precise and efficient flight plans
Yuneec DataPilot™ software system enables users to efficiently and consistently create orthomaps, 3D scans, crop data imagery, in the field or on the desktop for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths, without requiring expensive third party software.

It refers to giving you the tools so you can schedule flights and then get orthomosaic or whatever you want. "Precise and efficient flight plans" and "for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths" How you process the images you get is up to you. That's how I understand it........................................ The truth is that it is ambiguous and gives rise to interpretations, we have less left to know :)

It refers to giving you the tools so you can schedule flights and then get orthomosaic or whatever you want. "Precise and efficient flight plans" and "for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths" How you process the images you get is up to you. That's how I understand it........................................ The truth is that it is ambiguous and gives rise to interpretations, we have less left to know :)

Yes, I views it as ambiguous which is why I didn't expound my interpretation.

Though I did focus on the statement of not requiring third party software but then that is probably referring to the "planning and execution" of the flight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone