Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h520 linked to cgoet but no drone control

Reaction score
anyone have a solution for this problem.

I received my cgoET today, connected to h520, links up from the wifi
in the upper right hand corner but i have no drone control, still says
not connected in center top of screen, and no drone stats, no gps etc.

any ideas?

found a video on how to bind camera and that drone control goes through the camera so
im a little confused.

Yuneec, GET ON THE BALL>

Be patient. ET firmware to use the 520 is in the works. Older ETs work with the THs.

so you are saying i purchased a product in total price of over 4,000.00 and i cant use it.
that sounds like a bate and switch, that is illegal

swapped out new one, that was amazing service, however it does not change the fact i purchased a drone with a camera that are supposed to work together and
THEY DO NOT

Simple. Since you had good luck with Ontario, just call them tomorrow and explain the problem. Better yet, go there.

If you bought an older ET that was not part of a new 520 package, it is set up for the TH, and you will need to wait for 520 conversion firmware.

That is not misrepresentation on Yuneec's part. The ET can not work on both craft without firmware change.
Hang in there, you'll get it done.

Fantastic! This time kindly let us know the outcome. Your experiences help all of us.
Thanks.

Compatible but with different firmware I believe. (Yes, I know Frank:))

Hopefully there will be a firmware version that will allow the use of the CGO-ET on both the H480 and the H520. Assuming it would be possible, it would be a pain to have to reload firmware if the need arises to go back and forth between the two models.

Jeff

Can confirm. I have on my desk right now a H520 and a CGO ET that do not work together. Just got off the phone with Yuneec. They were rather surprised... Long story short, the camera will be returned, money will be sent back. The H520-compatible cameras will be released... at some point this year... :O This has cost me a lot of time and trouble!

FFS, Yuneec... In all the promotional materials I've seen (and I've seen most, if not all of them) there was NOTHING about this incompatibility. On yuneec.com on the h520 page there is NOTHING about this incompatibility, it just states that H520 is great for all 3 cameras, CGOET included. Nothing about different versions... Only on the yuneec.com->accessories->cameras->cgoet there is two words about it: "Compatible with Typhoon H and H520 (H520 version)", which hints that there are more than one versions of the camera... There is also no information about this in the H520 manual - it just describes how to use it with CGOET, without mentioning different versions.

Am I wrong to be outraged by this..?

Last edited:
Can confirm. I have on my desk right now a H520 and a CGO ET that do not work together. Just got off the phone with Yuneec. They were rather surprised... Long story short, the camera will be returned, money will be sent back. The H520-compatible cameras will be released... at some point this year... :O This has cost me a lot of time and trouble!

FFS, Yuneec... In all the promotional materials I've seen (and I've seen most, if not all of them) there was NOTHING about this incompatibility. On yuneec.com on the h520 page there is NOTHING about this incompatibility, it just states that H520 is great for all 3 cameras, CGOET included. Nothing about different versions... Only on the yuneec.com->accessories->cameras->cgoet there is two words about it: "Compatible with Typhoon H and H520 (H520 version)", which hints that there are more than one versions of the camera... There is also no information about this in the H520 manual - it just describes how to use it with CGOET, without mentioning different versions.

Am I wrong to be outraged by this..?

In the videos of Yuneec in Interdrone they have commented on several occasions that they would release another version of the CGOET camera compatible with the H520. Then it has been indicated that they will release a firmware version to make the "old" model compatible as well. The fact is that they have not yet released either the new model or the firmware. It's the same camera but for it to work with the H520 you need that, a new firmware.

The information was there, but it's true that it was a little hidden. It has been mentioned more than once, it is a problem that the product is still "green". They have taken the platform out when they announced it, second half of the year but it is clear that it has not given them time to implement everything.

It is true that it is Yuneec's fault, to see if they fix it soon but I think it is much more fault of who has sold you the camera when it is not yet compatible and when he should know that there was talk of a new model. I understand you bought a new CGOET and it's the one you're returning.

All that's left is to be patient. Everything indicates it's going to be a very good system. People who work for Yuneec have commented here that soon an update will be released that will solve many things and add new features.

wow, unfreakin real.

i totally agree you should be outraged, i am i have a cgoet and it was bought under the assumption from pages like cariloniadronez and yuneec that it is h520 compatible and h compatible but h only, so WTF.

i just got a refurbished ty h FOR 200 US, keeping the h520 cgoet and st16, gonna use the ty h for now.

so ive spent over $5,000.00 ON A DRONE SETUP THAT IS NOT SETUP BUT IS ADVERTISED AS SETUP.

YUNEEC, can you spell CLASS ACTION>!>

okay now things are about to get interesting if I can get e90 to work on the h480 which it did to a degree no warm up issues either. and the cgo3+ on the h520 with minor warm up possible issue. I bet the cgo thermal can work with the h520 bind in manual mode and the cgo et connected to h480 controller

also some workarounds require additional hardware for recording basically hdmi capture device and a tablet or laptop. those with the h480 controller may not need the additional hardware not test recording with h480 controller alone. but h520 controller for sure will need additional hardware for recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech