Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 rtk data format

Reaction score
Dear all, does anyone know what format the drone records the gnss information, I am hoping it's *rnx industry standard rinex files which I can run through Leica infinity gnss post processing module.

Or does it come with custom ppk software, the bloody dji phantom 4 rtk does not and is a total pain in the arse to process ppk! Requiring purchasing more bloody software when I already have gnss post processing software which cost £3000. I use all Leica kit for the rest of my survey work. Perhaps yuneec should issue some more info with their release, I will not buy it until I know whether I can fly it ppk and process the data.

Your help would be appreciated.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Dear all, does anyone know what format the drone records the gnss information, I am hoping it's *rnx industry standard rinex files which I can run through Leica infinity gnss post processing module.

Or does it come with custom ppk software, the bloody dji phantom 4 rtk does not and is a total pain in the arse to process ppk! Requiring purchasing more bloody software when I already have gnss post processing software which cost £3000. I use all Leica kit for the rest of my survey work. Perhaps yuneec should issue some more info with their release, I will not buy it until I know whether I can fly it ppk and process the data.

Your help would be appreciated.

Your best bet may be to get in touch with Yuneec Sales in your region of the world. They should be able to get the proper people to provide that information for you.

From your manner of talking, I am assuming you are from the UK, and if that is the case you are in luck as Yuneec Support there is far better at helping its customer base than in other areas of the world. Here is the link to the UK website YUNEEC Drones for Beginners and Professionals - Yuneec. Phone hotline is near the bottom of the page.

Hello
Does yuneec H520E RTK generate EXIF file for use in PPK and Pix4d software during the task
Thank you

does anyone know what format the drone records the gnss information, I am hoping it's *rnx industry standard rinex files which I can run through Leica infinity gnss post processing module.

Or does it come with custom ppk software, the bloody dji phantom 4 rtk does not and is a total pain in the arse to process ppk!

Yes, the H520 RTK and presumably the H520E log in Rinex 3. As for the P4RTK you can convert the BIN data to Rinex using RTKLIB or EZSurv. Free vs paid, but also more manual vs a more integrated workflow for retagging the images.

We use RTKCONV and RTKPOST then use Geosetter to batch retag the images.

Does yuneec H520E RTK generate EXIF file for use in PPK and Pix4d software during the task
It embeds the GPS tags in the EXIF data, but you have to be careful to grab the correct GPS line items. We had trouble with another processing software grabbing the wrong date and forcing the maps to be dated as Dec 31st, 2013 and January 1st, 2014. We submitted the issue to the engineers and the fixed it in no time.

Reactions: h-elsner and Hypano

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval