Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Trainer on ST16s

Reaction score
Is there a way to link two H520 ST16 Tx's together for a trainer, one the master and other the slave?

I don't believe so. For safety reasons only one controller can give command signals to an aircraft. You can always do as my neighbor did to me; when he got in trouble he just passed the controller to me seconds before the crash. o_O

Reactions: Murray Martz
My Spektrum I fly my custom drones with has a trainer port for as described. I guess if the hand off is swift and fumble free you may have a slight chance to correct. If they just release all sticks and drone is in correct mode should not be a problem.

Most are likely thinking if you are flying an H520 you should darn well enough better be able to fly already...agreed. I was asked to do another drone camp so turning ideas in my head.

If they just release all sticks and drone is in correct mode should not be a problem.
The simulator is an excellent way to learn the controller and see how the aircraft responds. I don't know if the ST16s will work with the sim, however. It would be a good question for Yuneec or simply try it. Only the H and Q models are in the simulator, but the basic functions of the H and 520 are very close for learning purposes.

I have already tried the simulator with the st16s
It doesn't work. No connection...
I suspected that would be the case since the sim was created earlier. Using the ST16 with the sim still makes a good basic trainer for the 520.

Thanks for testing it.

I have already tried the simulator with the st16s
It doesn't work. No connection...

I just could make it working with my ST16s, You need to use manual bind instead of link management and make sure both your PC and your St16s are on the same wireless network.

If they are not connected to the same network it will still bind and you can see that all sticks movement are repeated on the radio shown in UAV pilot but you won't be able to take off.

So far I could make it working on Windows 7(64 bit). I will try another computers and let you know. I want also check if it works on Windows 7(32bit) or on Windows Vista.

It is pity they have not done it with a camera view. I want to practise orbiting with a camera pointed to a centre but the way the simulator done and without a camera view it is just not possible to see whether you are doing a circle or something much weirder..

Reactions: arruntus
I could only bind for the first time on each computer. When I try to bind it a second time it does not work. It may say it is binded on a PC or say it failed to bind and asks to restart. However even when it says it is binded I cannot take off. I can still arm the simulator and turn it off, all sticks movements are repeated on the trainer radio but nothing happens with the simulator when you try to take off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinlevin