Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E is very slow

Reaction score
The last couple of times I've flown (haven't flown a ton of times yet) the drone is incredibly slow. It won't go in any direction more than 2-3mph. Even rotating is very, very slow.

I've put on my own thermal camera (I talked about it in another thread), and it's a little heavier. I've read the specs and it's supposed to have a total weight limit of 2.5kg. I've weighed my unit and it is 2.45kg. So it's close. It was a bit windy, winds maybe 10-12mph.

But that seems very non-responsive. Is there some setting or other reason this would be happening? It is in Angle mode, good GPS lock.

Thanks
Andy

Do you have the rate slider in turtle mode?

Do you have Obstacle Avoidance enabled?

Both of these can affect the speed, especially the Rate slider.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Well, I figured it would be something stupid. But still glad I asked, as you solved my problem quickly. The Rate Slider. I didn't even know there was such a thing.
Yes, I've read the manual, but that one went by me, I guess, as I didn't know what it was referring to.

Anyway, thanks.
Andy

Be sure to have it set to rabbit when doing landings as it inhibits proper idle down of the motors once you touch down.

Be sure to have it set to rabbit when doing landings as it inhibits proper idle down of the motors once you touch down.
I find it is easier to leave it on low speed and do final landing, within less than a foot height, using the touch screen auto landing swipe. (Not RTH)

Reactions: andyalex
I usually land it on the tailgate of my truck. I had it in autolanding mode once and the drone flipped out. It tipped on its side because it hit at a slight angle from one of the indentations in the metal. So, from now on, I use autolanding to get it about 30 ft above me so it drops the landing gear and then switch to angle mode for the rest. No issues in rabbit or turtle mode.

Forgot to mention, you can also adjust the horizontal and vertical speed thresholds in the DataPilot settings.

Reactions: andyalex

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis