Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Half power equals let's drift right :-)

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? If I'm in turtle, the thing stays hovering well, but if I move the power slider to the middle the drone heads off right. Move back to turtle, it stops and hovers (to a fashion). Anyone else have this?

Not to my knowledge but now I'm going to check. As far as drifting I haven't heard if anyone has tried tapping the arrows on the right D Pad which sets cruse control to see if that will compensate for any drifting, like a trim control.

Greg

Not to my knowledge but now I'm going to check. As far as drifting I haven't heard if anyone has tried tapping the arrows on the right D Pad which sets cruse control to see if that will compensate for any drifting, like a trim control.

Greg
Thanks Grey...

Hi Chris,

Did it worked for you?
I'm currently experiencing similar problems. The Copter is drifting especially with low battery (at 14.7 volts) to one side. Calibrating the ST16 didn't helped me.

Beat

Last edited:
Reactions: Christoph
Right side D pad should help this problem.

Hi Chris,

Did it worked for you?
I'm currently experiencing similar problems. The Copter is drifting especially with low battery (at 14.7 volts) to one side. Calibrating the ST16 didn't helped me.

Beat
Hi Tiberon, I could never get it sorted my friend. I got fed up and took it back. I paid the difference and upgraded to a pro one. I've not had any problems since, even after the v3, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It was very frustrating and I can fully empathise with the problems that you are having. I'm sorry that I cannot be any help to you. I wish that I knew.

Only things that I have tried differently with this one are... I used a spirit level on the motors instead of the landing gear when leveling it in prep for accelerometer calibration. There is a post here somewhere with pictures. I found that useful. The second thing that I did, post update, was to try the 12 minute thing to do with GPS. I think that helped with any drifting I had, which was sod all anyway. Give these things a try, it can't hurt anything.

Do let me know if these things helped it at all. I can't try now of course as I do not have it any longer. All the best of luck. Cheers. Chris.

When I think it over I have a suspicion. Before I've upgraded to V3 I flew in Mode 2 (I guess, with Throttle to the left) but because it's a little bit more logical to me I switched to Mode 3 (throttle right). Before this switch I've noticed a few cases when the Copter descended slowly instead hovering at same altitude. I will switch back to Mode 2 and see if I still have these drift (but changes in altitude instead). If so then I know it's the RC.

Reactions: Christoph

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval