Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Happy H

Reaction score
After much research, I bought my H last July. Initially, after finding this site, I knew I made the right decision. Then, disparaging comments started coming in and I began to worry. I had never experienced any negative issues; Performed as advertised. This was a big improvement over my Iris+, even though the Iris+ can do some things the H cannot. I got real concerned after the mid September updates. I waited and finally installed ver b23. Again, absolutely no issues. If I just got lucky that is contrary to many past experiences, I ususally get the lemon. Three flights since the up grade and I am still thrilled with my H.

After much research, I bought my H last July. Initially, after finding this site, I knew I made the right decision. Then, disparaging comments started coming in and I began to worry. I had never experienced any negative issues; Performed as advertised. This was a big improvement over my Iris+, even though the Iris+ can do some things the H cannot. I got real concerned after the mid September updates. I waited and finally installed ver b23. Again, absolutely no issues. If I just got lucky that is contrary to many past experiences, I usually get the lemon. Three flights since the up grade and I am still thrilled with my H.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I have the H Pro, have done all the updates since I bought it in August and like you, I've been worrying but so far no issues, its been working great with each update. I got my share of needing calibration messages after the updates but so far so good.

I did contact Yuneec with my concerns, mostly around flyaways and this was their response -
"To ease your concern, this is not a common issue. There can be issues leading to these type of things that have nothing to do with the update. The latest firmware is safe to fly and if there were any issue on your flights that your worried about, we would take care of you."

I will take them at their word and understand it is safe to fly, not necessarily bug free or perfect, but what is? This is a work in process and Yuneec seems to be listening. Most people without issues don't report anything one way or the other. This forum has made an effort to attempt to quantify the issues with votes but the sample size is small.

I'm going to continue to fly and have fun with it. I feel for those who've had issues and totally get your frustration. Needless to say the issues others have had have raised doubts with those of us who've had none. Like anything complex there can be issues but I think I chose the right platform for the right reasons.

Greg

Reactions: Chris McMillan
After much research, I bought my H last July. Initially, after finding this site, I knew I made the right decision. Then, disparaging comments started coming in and I began to worry. I had never experienced any negative issues; Performed as advertised. This was a big improvement over my Iris+, even though the Iris+ can do some things the H cannot. I got real concerned after the mid September updates. I waited and finally installed ver b23. Again, absolutely no issues. If I just got lucky that is contrary to many past experiences, I ususally get the lemon. Three flights since the up grade and I am still thrilled with my H.

Yikes, this one is on me. Craig, when I saw the thread "Happy H" I said to myself "Cool, wishing us a Happy Halloween!"
Seriously, I love to hear good news like that, I have two H's, one std and one Pro, and in over 2 months of flying the only problem was my own fault.

Guys except for a burnt wire smell I have had no issues with my TH. I think there have been people who have had problems but I'm wondering if maybe was a download problem when they downloaded the firmware maybe glitches or someone interjected a virus into their firmware something . Fly safe.

I haven't installed the last update due to my unrealistic fear of it immediately crashing or flying away never to be found again. This fear is mostly due to reading about fly aways and crashes on these forums after updates. The reality is that there are thousands and thousands of people that have done the updates without issue. We rarely read about them because if would be boring. So I have decided I am going to do it.......Someday.

Ken go ahead and do the update and just hopefully your server on your computer will be virus free

I've had my H since April. Over 100 flights and I've logged almost 20 hours of actual flight time. More than 120 landings. I've done all updates and the only issue I've had was bad focus issues from the camera which Yuneec fixed for me in less than a week by replacing my camera, free of charge. I'm confident in flying this vehicle anywhere the law allows.

This was also my first drone so the fact that I also LEARNED how to fly a drone using the H and still never experienced even one single issue speaks volumes on how solid of a platform this really is.

Many people have reported issues and I am sure there ARE a few issues with the device from the factory but I suspect that following a simple pre-flight checklist, takeoff checklist, and landing checklist will prevent 99% of the problems people have reported. It's something I've used since day 1, without fail. Because of it I've noted and resolved things that could have potentially become big problems before they were even an issue. There are quite a few examples of pre-flight checklists available on this forum. I've even created one that I feel is pretty good, but could use some additional improvements:

Pre and Post flight checklist

Feel free to dig around and find a checklist that works for you or do what I did and use several to make one just for you.

You can add me as one who have been flying the whole season trouble free. Love the H!

I haven't installed the last update due to my unrealistic fear of it immediately crashing or flying away never to be found again. This fear is mostly due to reading about fly aways and crashes on these forums after updates. The reality is that there are thousands and thousands of people that have done the updates without issue. We rarely read about them because if would be boring. So I have decided I am going to do it.......Someday.

Just remember to make sure you have a good calibration, which I think were the issues with some. Make sure you have no metal or electronics within 25feet, including the ST16, watches, key fobs, car remotes, etc. when doing the compass. After the accelerometer and gimble, a good suggestion is to remove the gimble while calibrating the compass to reduce stress while flipping the H around. Hover about 20ft and make some quick 20-30ft forward/backward and sideways movements and watch when it stops, if it drifts or turns even slightly when stopping, recalibrate the compass again. I have two H's, had to do one of them three times before it had a solid calibration. They both fly strong and steady now. Good luck and Happy Flying.
FYI. The first time the GPS card is used or if it has sat for an extended period of time, you should let the H sit for at least 12.5 minutes after turning it on. This will let the GPS card register completely. Yuneec states that the GPS card is updated before their aircraft are sent out, however, if they send a GPS out for the customer to replace, it needs to be done. Not knowing how long the H's are sitting on a shelf after assembly, I would recommend this process for any new H when received by the customer.

I agree with all of the above.... I got very "nervous" with all the horror stories --- I have had none. I have two H's and they have been good to me. One I was not satisfied with the focus and decided to upgrade the lens. Really...No complaints and some good flights.

There's something to be said about letting the H just sit there after turning it on for a little while.

Great news, thanks for sharing! I've got to get mine out when the weather or airspace is cooperating. Sunday I couldn't because of the Packer game. Today is overcast and another Packer game but this weekend I should be able to get some flying time in. Need to build up the confidence.

I feel the same way as the OP, I headed into this purchase thinking it was more or less a toy and somewhat expected it to have some issues. I have been pleasantly surprised with the performance. I have only had a couple of things go wrong but its still a win. After the latest update my only gripe is I wish the real sense module would have been cheaper for those that had purchased the H when we did not have the option of buying the pro model.

i'll second all the good reports from all the members that have no issues with there H's i don't know how many
flights i have on it but no problems fingers crossed

I have over 24 hours flight time on mine and find it an excellent flyer:). I have had two issues, compass errors now corrected, after the recent update and camera disconnects. I have every confidence in my Happy H:D.

The only problem I'm fine with jumping into these smaller large hex copter's is it's imperative that you have some experience flying RC aircraft. I would suggest going and finding a small Heli or even a small hexa copter that can be flown indoors and practice a little you won't regret it and your H will love you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop