Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard case ideas

Reaction score
I know there are many post about cases.
I am looking for something that will hold 4 batteries the charger, props, wizard, cables, the H and St-16. I would like to have something that has slots for each item and not have to bundle them together like the factory box.
It does NOT have to be carry on complyment.
There are so many choices out there I figured I would ask some of you that have already been down this road.

I am in the same boat so to speak. Still looking for cases.

I emptied my foam case and took it to Home Depot (Chain hardware/lumber store for those not in the US) to see if I could find a case that fit it, tried tool cases as well as storage cases. One storage case fit it perfect but I didn't like it.

Found this box and while larger than you need, it will work. At least for now. You of course don't have to use the original foam container, you could fill it with other foam yourself. The original container does fit in it with plenty of extra room that you could also add foam and have both.

I will keep an eye out for something else but this is a cheap way to go for the moment. :)

The foam container fits in it with about 8 to 10", it tapers down, on the right side free for other gear.
There is about 2 inches between the foam and case and I just padded extra foam in there for now but you could put gear there if you wanted as long as you also put something so it would not shift around.

It is actually not bad. Only complaint is the only handle on it is the extended one when you use it on wheels. I would have liked a handle on the front as well but that is not a huge deal.

Husky 35 in. Mobile Job Box-222167 - The Home Depot

Unsure if that was of any help but there it is. :)

Last edited:
I use that box for my q500. Fits 6 batteries, aftermarket charger, radio, everything.

By the way I think they are discontinuing that box so get it while you can!!

I know there are many post about cases.
I am looking for something that will hold 4 batteries the charger, props, wizard, cables, the H and St-16. I would like to have something that has slots for each item and not have to bundle them together like the factory box.
It does NOT have to be carry on complyment.
There are so many choices out there I figured I would ask some of you that have already been down this road.
Hi Bob, The Pelican 1610 works well as another member has shown. They are $199 from B&H and Amazon with the pick and pluck foam insert.
Also the Q500 hard case works.

My local Home Depot has 5. On my way to check it out. Thanks!

Here it is. Still room for more stuff.

Sweet, that 500 really fills that up nicely since it is so big. The case for the H is much smaller, since the H folds up, so lots of room on the side but I suppose that is not a bad thing. :)

You can't really beat it for $54.

I would like to find some foam that I can cut and maybe fill it out then make it so the H can sit in it with the arms up. Maybe..

Experimenting is half the fun! :)

HD near me has 4 in stock, will grab one tomorrow.
Now do I use Kaizen foam or pick out foam????
Hmmmm

The Kaizen foam is fantastic. Pick and pluck is meh unless you have square objects. I did both of my camera cases in Kaizen foam. Cost-wise it's very similar.

Incidentally I used some foam floor mats I had laying around for the husky case. I'll be redoing it in Kaizen foam shortly.

OK, so I picked up a Husky case at my local HD, It will fit the H foam box perfectly with NO alterations, and there is still a ton of room.
Where is the best place to get foam from? and should I use that pick apart stuff, or look at the Kaizen foam?

Ok you all gave me ideas before I posted this.

Thanks

Reactions: BrianG
I like that husky box.
Where did you get the foam from? I would like to keep the original box as is.
I've tried many different variations. Currently the original foam is in the husky case. It's been painted with plasti dip to avoid pieces coming off. The foam on either side is the really dense stuff you buy as garage floor padding, the kind of foam that fits together like a puzzle piece. This isn't really ideal but it's what I had laying around at the time. I'm going to redo the case in Kaizen foam. I'll leave the factory yuneec foam in there because it fits really well and holds a bunch of stuff. I have the backpack case from banggood that I was going to use in the husky case but it's too big.

Once I do the Kaizen foam I'll probably do a series of pictures or a video review.

Dezzy,
YES it will fit UNMODIFIED
Sits right in the center of the husky box.

Were you able to get it to fit in portrait mode if you are looking into the case? I could not fit mine in there like that. I would have had to really force it. I am curious how you fit it in the middle like that. I then assume you have space on either side.

I had to put mine on the left side in landscape orientation and added some foam between the original H foam and the Husky case. Nice thing is the included tool shelf fits in right next to it. :)

Picture is worth a thousand words.
View attachment 772

Oh okay, yours is also in landscape. :)
I shifted mine to the left and to the top then added some foam to keep it there.

So what do you think of the case overall? A little large but nice for the money.

Reactions: BrianG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval