Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from California

I missed this reply until now. Are you using an iOS or an Android phone to connect to the Breeze? With either one, keep the phone in Airplane mode and only enable WiFi, then connect to the Breeze.
Thanks! I’ll try it soon

Breeze sequence of operations posted below is important if you want a trouble-free connection:

Yuneec Breeze Connection Instructions

GO TO SETTINGS ON CELL PHONE

GO TO CONNECTIONS AND TURN AIRPLANE MODE ON

GO TO WI-FI AND TURN ON

GO TO BLUETOOTH AND TURN ON

TURN ON BREEZE DRONE

GO TO WIFI ON THE CELL PHONE AND WAIT FOR BREEZE NAME TO APPEAR

SELECT BREEZE FOR WI-FI CONNECTION

OPEN BREEZE CAM APP

SELECT TASKS

TURN ON THE CONTROLLER

ICON FOR CONTROLLER WILL FLASH YELLOW IN THE BREEZE CAM APP

SELECT CONTROLLER ICON WHICH ENABLES CONNECTION TO BLUETOOTH

WHILE IN BREEZE CAM APP SLIDE TO "EXPERIENCE NOW"

YOU ARE READY TO FLY!

It has been quite awhile since seeing this. If memory serves me correctly, put your phone in airplane mode and then connect to the Breeze after enabling just WiFi. You should then be able to update the firmware.

This anomaly started appearing as both iOS and android versions were updated and Yuneec stopped updating the Breeze Cam app to be compatible with newer versions of the OS’es.
I missed this reply until now. Are you using an iOS or an Android phone to connect to the Breeze? With either one, keep the phone in Airplane mode and only enable WiFi, then connect to the Breeze.
Hi again!
I used 2 new batteries, and the status icons were lit except the OFM (optical flow module) icon error is on. The drone still couldn’t fly. So frustrated. Do you have any ideas?

Breeze sequence of operations posted below is important if you want a trouble-free connection:

Yuneec Breeze Connection Instructions

GO TO SETTINGS ON CELL PHONE

GO TO CONNECTIONS AND TURN AIRPLANE MODE ON

GO TO WI-FI AND TURN ON

GO TO BLUETOOTH AND TURN ON

TURN ON BREEZE DRONE

GO TO WIFI ON THE CELL PHONE AND WAIT FOR BREEZE NAME TO APPEAR

SELECT BREEZE FOR WI-FI CONNECTION

OPEN BREEZE CAM APP

SELECT TASKS

TURN ON THE CONTROLLER

ICON FOR CONTROLLER WILL FLASH YELLOW IN THE BREEZE CAM APP

SELECT CONTROLLER ICON WHICH ENABLES CONNECTION TO BLUETOOTH

WHILE IN BREEZE CAM APP SLIDE TO "EXPERIENCE NOW"

YOU ARE READY TO FLY!
Thanks for your help, but I still couldn’t fly the drone! Do I need a controller to fly the drone?
Another error came up: OFM error is on all the time, and that hold up the the take off of the drone. Have any ideas?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for your help, but I still couldn’t fly the drone! Do I need a controller to fly the drone?
Another error came up: OFM error is on all the time, and that hold up the the take off of the drone. Have any ideas?
You do not ”need” the controller to fly the Breeze.

The Optical Flow Module (or sensor or camera) is the one in the very back on the bottom side of the Breeze. If you are using the Breeze indoors and getting this increase the amount of light in the area. If you are outdoors in strong sunlight on a light colored or reflective surface you can get this error. Also check that the glass cover is clean and free of dirt or smudges.

You do not ”need” the controller to fly the Breeze.

The Optical Flow Module (or sensor or camera) is the one in the very back on the bottom side of the Breeze. If you are using the Breeze indoors and getting this increase the amount of light in the area. If you are outdoors in strong sunlight on a light colored or reflective surface you can get this error. Also check that the glass cover is clean and free of dirt or smudges.
Hi again,
I still have problem with OFM after reading your post, the OFM icon is always red! I called customer services, but that number is no longer in service, and I emailed them but no reply! So frustrated!

There is no tech support in the US for now. I would suggest removing the bottom cover and check that the connector for the Optical Flow is properly seated in the M7 board beneath it, and no damage to the cable.

This is the OFM.
65284963-95E8-4B2C-B2A6-6D00C016B704.jpeg
This is the M7 board.
DEF0FE65-CE8C-4DD4-A230-A7D4644DCF25.jpeg
The connector on the OFM’s cable fits into the one on the Center of the board that looks a bit like an inverse IC.

The OFM mounted to the M7 board.
2CE59AFD-0E78-4F50-96CC-7CA69FCD6F80.jpeg
Notice how the cable goes underneath the OFM to seat the connectors together.

There is no tech support in the US for now. I would suggest removing the bottom cover and check that the connector for the Optical Flow is properly seated in the M7 board beneath it, and no damage to the cable.

This is the OFM.
View attachment 23409
This is the M7 board.
View attachment 23410
The connector on the OFM’s cable fits into the one on the Center of the board that looks a bit like an inverse IC.

The OFM mounted to the M7 board.
View attachment 23408
Notice how the cable goes underneath the OFM to seat the connectors together.
Thanks for your advices! I just had time to open the cover to adjust the cable a little bit today, and it worked! Wonder why? Maybe the cable is loose? I’ll test fly it this weekend for the first time and am very excited! Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval