Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Canada, by way of Hawaii..lol

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a new member here. Hoping that I can suck up some knowledge from all of you about the Yuneec line of aircraft. I am US 107 certificated and have been flying for the last couple of years. I've done several operations ranging from commercial properties, to NDVI. Unfortunately, I've been using the OTHER guys aircraft and I think I want to "change the game". Can you guys give me what you feel are the pro vs. cons? Thanks in advance.

Not having flown the "other Guys" , I can only give you my experience. I have been flying Q500 4K since Nov 2016. It is a stable camera platform, quite adequate video using default settings, and is smooth flying. With the stock ST10+ controller, range is a little limited. I was able to go about 860 ft before losing video feed on the controller. You can extend the range by installing an itelite antenna.
Itelite Antenna Kit

My recent addition is a Typhoon H. I added the Realsense module and a wizard, which I still have to learn to use. The range is much superior to the Q500. I flew mine 649 M (2130 ft) without realizing it while doing a panning shot. As we are limited to 500 M (1640 ft) in Canada right now, I high-tailed it back to base. At that range, I still had solid video reception. One advantage of the H series of hexacopters is the 360 degree camera gimbal. It is not limited to one or two full rotations, but can turn indefinitely. It makes getting that panning shot easy. The landing gear retract out of the cameras way so you can pan the camera any direction without getting the gear in the shot. The batteries, while not smart batteries, are cheaper to purchase and you will never get an update notice for them. The controller has a 7" screen integrated so an extra device is not needed. it can use two controllers, one for flying the hex, the second for controlling the camera.

Well, this is all I can think of right now. Time for bed.

Goodnight all. happy flying no matter your UAV of choice.

Hi all. I'm a new member here. Hoping that I can suck up some knowledge from all of you about the Yuneec line of aircraft. I am US 107 certificated and have been flying for the last couple of years. I've done several operations ranging from commercial properties, to NDVI. Unfortunately, I've been using the OTHER guys aircraft and I think I want to "change the game". Can you guys give me what you feel are the pro vs. cons? Thanks in advance.
What are your intentions, are you using this for business or?
I've been flying the H for 2 years using it for business.

Thanks for the replies. I plan on getting an H520 for doing thermal inspections. But also wanted to know advantages of the Typhoon series also as far as photo and video. Looking to maybe ditch “the other” guys. All of the videos and stills that I’ve seen from Typhoon have been outstanding. Which camera have 4K 60 res? That’s what I would want. And also is there a possibility of zoom lenses?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my