Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help how bad is it? USB plugged into phone charger

Reaction score
i have just bought a brand new breeze and had it on my table with my son I told him we just need to charge it up and we get to fly I had left for 2 Mins to get the charger when I returned my so had plugged the USB port on the drone into the phone charger I immediately pulled it out not knowing what it might have done I can link up to it with WiFi but will not fly or show cam the bottom seems very hot i tried Factory resets still not working???????so how bad is it can any body tell me what I can do if anything??? Please advise thank you Geno

Doesn’t sound good.

Use the troubleshooting checklist in the sticky thread at the top of the Breeze Help section.

It would help to know if the startup sequence is normal for the Power LED and Status LED as well as the tones generated.

Also enter the Tasks and note condition of the Status icons on the top right of Breeze Cam app.

The light go threw a start up sequence and it even links up to the WiFi but I think that the power going into the board had fried the camera and processing board I have zero flight time on this new drone only had it out of the box for 30 mins and waited so long to get it bummer

Well he was trying to help. Hate to say your cheapest route may be buying a new one, and saving this one for body parts and batteries.

I know he feels bad but he didn’t know it look like a charger port I really didn’t make a big deal of it but on the inside I was screaming. Could I just replace the board and if so do you know what it’s called ? I thank you for your help

Send a PM to @Slawson using the conversation option. You should be able to tap the link, then tap start a conversation.

He is a member and has a shop in Tampa. His experience with hands on repair is much more than mine and I would trust his judgement when it comes to this.

I hope you can work something out with him and get the Breeze flying. Enjoying time with your son is a precious commodity and it disappears before you know it. Flying the Breeze and capturing those moments will be priceless.

Reactions: ravell
Tried looking for a closeup of the printed circuit board for the breeze and could not find one. But typically if the micro usb was just being used for data only, pins 2345 would be used, 2&3 specifically. It would be of poor design if the engineers at yuneec connected the +5v aka PIN 1 to a circuit on the board.

pinout

1 +v
2 receive
3 transmit
4 device id
5 ground

keep us uptodate on your issue and communications with Yuneec

Attachments

• usb-micro-b-connector-pinout-xjq5b6kfh.jpg
    usb-micro-b-connector-pinout-xjq5b6kfh.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
Tried looking for a closeup of the printed circuit board for the breeze and could not find one. But typically if the micro usb was just being used for data only, pins 2345 would be used, 2&3 specifically. It would be of poor design if the engineers at yuneec connected the +5v aka PIN 1 to a circuit on the board.

pinout

1 +v
2 receive
3 transmit
4 device id
5 ground

keep us uptodate on your issue and communications with Yuneec

Thanks for posting that info @ravell. Maybe @Slawson could weigh in on this one.

This discussion worries me; I have just purchased a Breeze and in fact only flown it twice. I WAS going to try to download the video from the drone into my computer, since I'd like to get the full 4K resolution and the max WIFI download is 1080, but now am afraid to try using the microUSB for anything at all. The related question I was going to ask Yuneec was when downloading, should the battery be in and the drone powered up, or is the video memory going to be powered by the USB from the computer?

John nothing to worry about, just plug it into your computer with the provided data cable it will show up as a removable drive. Computer to Drone (Good! that’s why they put that USB port there)

Wall Adapter (+5 volt) to Drone (Bad! Well without any updates from OP and not being able to trace the board best air on side of caution and not try that!)

Reactions: DoomMeister
Wall Adapter (+5 volt) to Drone (Bad! Well without any updates from OP and not being able to trace the board best air on side of caution and not try that!)

We are not even sure what type of charger was used to cause the damage. I suspect it was something other than a +5VDC USB charger, or it had a special pin out that placed power on the wrong pins.

For John Polasek, the Breeze has to be powered on to access the internal SD memory. It is not readable by just using the cable. I use the USB to backup all my Breeze photos and video on my laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval