Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with choice of P4 or TH

Jimmylee, back to your ole trolling, they are not built by DJI, stop spinning ****! they are built by Autel In
AmateurPhotographerLogo2.png

US-based Autel Robotics, which makes the X-Star line
I called them a week ago and was curious and they are completely manufactured in the USA by a USA based Autel Robotics!

Jimmylee, back to your ole trolling, they are not built by DJI, stop spinning ****! they are built by Autel In
AmateurPhotographerLogo2.png

US-based Autel Robotics, which makes the X-Star line
I called them a week ago and was curious and they are completely manufactured in the USA by a USA based Autel Robotics!

Like I said they are rebadged Phantom 3 base units.
Autel made some cosmetic changes and upgrades to make it there own.

Looks like they did a good job and support may be better being a US company.

They must license the Lightbridge technology because they use it in there fixed wing long range bird also.

they are going nuts on rcgroups....trolls all over the place....all DJI....i am surprised at some of the comments that blade is making....i guess i was wrong about him...thought he was an upfront nice guy....I was on the fence about buying the (lol) pee 4....as well as the H....but i really am turned off big time the way DJI reps behave....its a shame

Yes, it is getting bad there. Basicbill started a public thread and of course the DJI zombies hijacked it. I created a moderated blog; have been very busy deleting troll posts, several from blade strike who thinks he and his fellow DJI owners/employees own the forum (hmm, hadn't thought of that before). I clearly stated the rules; basically like a child, you know when you do something wrong, so don't do it. It didn't take but a few hours and the vultures swarmed in after basicbill closed his thread (mutual agreement between us).

My moderated blog is Official Yuneec Typhoon H ***Owners*** Thread - RC Groups It looks like blade & his minions have left their droppings and moved on to destroy other Yuneec threads. The original Solo thread has over 19,000 posts and I'd bet if you wanted to glean anything useful it would be near impossible.

I switch back and forth from there to here to get info. If you want to post something in my blog, do so with the confidence it will be respected (unless you are one of THEM) and flamers/trolls will be summarily sent to the bore hole. I'm not trying to steal members from here as I am one, but feel free to also post on my blog after posting here; it would attract the buzzards and hyenas. DELETE DELETE DELETE

Yes, it is getting bad there. Basicbill started a public thread and of course the DJI zombies hijacked it. I created a moderated blog; have been very busy deleting troll posts, several from blade strike who thinks he and his fellow DJI owners/employees own the forum (hmm, hadn't thought of that before). I clearly stated the rules; basically like a child, you know when you do something wrong, so don't do it. It didn't take but a few hours and the vultures swarmed in after basicbill closed his thread (mutual agreement between us).

My moderated blog is Official Yuneec Typhoon H ***Owners*** Thread - RC Groups It looks like blade & his minions have left their droppings and moved on to destroy other Yuneec threads. The original Solo thread has over 19,000 posts and I'd bet if you wanted to glean anything useful it would be near impossible.

I switch back and forth from there to here to get info. If you want to post something in my blog, do so with the confidence it will be respected (unless you are one of THEM) and flamers/trolls will be summarily sent to the bore hole. I'm not trying to steal members from here as I am one, but feel free to also post on my blog after posting here; it would attract the buzzards and hyenas. DELETE DELETE DELETE
with all this crap that dji reps and followers are doing, i would never buy from DJI again.....its seriously sickening....

Being a hexa/Y6 pilot, I watch every H video for stability and throttle/pitch/roll response. Of course a video is not the same as flying in hand, but my experience with hexas tells me it is a very solid flyer just by watching. Two high wind tests prove to me the H can handle wind very well and has the power to move through it.

This is exactly what I want in a camera platform. I don't need the most expensive or complex; just a system that works well, takes good video/pictures without too much fussing. So far, literally my only concern is the default 30 ft. RTL altitude not being adjustable. I understand Yuneec's "keep it simple stupid" approach, but IMO they should rethink that one thing. Mission planning? Meh. Been there, done that hundreds of flights, probably close to 1000. I wanted a portable, 360 degree camera, hexa, retracts, complete GCS (sick of attaching tablet)......all for taking video and pictures within LOS and practical flight modes. Going miles out is completely irrelevant. It was just too hard to turn this one away. I already have copters that can fly for miles and FPV.......this is my dedicated camera copter.

One thing I've noticed about those with long range video machines; they rarely video anything worth watching. 90% of the videos are "hey look how far I can fly"; let's watch the grass grow.

Reactions: Magic and GlenT
Being a hexa/Y6 pilot, I watch every H video for stability and throttle/pitch/roll response. Of course a video is not the same as flying in hand, but my experience with hexas tells me it is a very solid flyer just by watching. Two high wind tests prove to me the H can handle wind very well and has the power to move through it.

This is exactly what I want in a camera platform. I don't need the most expensive or complex; just a system that works well, takes good video/pictures without too much fussing. So far, literally my only concern is the default 30 ft. RTL altitude not being adjustable. I understand Yuneec's "keep it simple stupid" approach, but IMO they should rethink that one thing. Mission planning? Meh. Been there, done that hundreds of flights, probably close to 1000. I wanted a portable, 360 degree camera, hexa, retracts, complete GCS (sick of attaching tablet)......all for taking video and pictures within LOS and practical flight modes. Going miles out is completely irrelevant. It was just too hard to turn this one away. I already have copters that can fly for miles and FPV.......this is my dedicated camera copter.

One thing I've noticed about those with long range video machines; they rarely video anything worth watching. 90% of the videos are "hey look how far I can fly"; let's watch the grass grow.
Took the words right out of my mouth Glider. I have a large hexa now with a Sony A6000 on board. But it's just so big and unless I can park the car within say a 15min walk of what I need to capture, it's awkward to carry. Not to mention the spare batteries weighing in at 1300 grams each.
The H is exactly what I'm after for quality of shots and footage but also portability. And I wont be sweating so much when I fly over water as it's only worth a fraction of my current bird.

Yes, if your phone has gps, which my ipad mini 4 with wifi and celluar works
I am trying to decide between the typhoon H and phantom also. Just posted this on the phantom forum, Can anyone answer here?

I am looking at buying a Phantom 3 pro or Typhoon H. Does the P3 have the ability to follow a iPhone (or android), gps watch, or something similar to the Yuneec wizard, without using a phone and the controller?

For example, if I wanted to go Jet ski or mountain bike with a phone in a waterproof case, could the phantom follow me? Yuneec has the Wizard, which seems to be exactly what I am looking for.
I have not found any method of using a P3P for follow me mode using just a phone. It still has to communicate with the transmitter and a phone connected that is GPS enabled. The transmitter does not have GPS like the ST10, ST16 or the Wizard. To the best of my knowledge, Yuneec is the only one that has anything like the Wizard. In addition, the H has added altitude following as well. So if you are mountain biking or skiing, the H will follow you up and down the terrain.

Agree with this, sounds like the H will be a great bird, reviews will tell.

The 30 ft RTH is kind of ridicules, I was hoping that was a typo.

I'm not a long range flyer either but I like the fact that my Phantom has Lightbridge and I can have a solid signal at half mile out.

I will be glad when the H gets delivered so we can get some real world results.

Agree with this, sounds like the H will be a great bird, reviews will tell.

The 30 ft RTH is kind of ridicules, I was hoping that was a typo.

I'm not a long range flyer either but I like the fact that my Phantom has Lightbridge and I can have a solid signal at half mile out.

I will be glad when the H gets delivered so we can get some real world results.

Same here. I'm excited to see the Typhoon H get in the hands of real users (I hear this week??).

That said, I'm pretty surprised to see what some reviewers did with it. Lots of props or landing gears in the shot. Also this video has crazy horizon issues. Hoping it's just bad firmware or an incompetent pilot.

I have not found any method of using a P3P for follow me mode using just a phone. It still has to communicate with the transmitter and a phone connected that is GPS enabled. The transmitter does not have GPS like the ST10, ST16 or the Wizard. To the best of my knowledge, Yuneec is the only one that has anything like the Wizard. In addition, the H has added altitude following as well. So if you are mountain biking or skiing, the H will follow you up and down the terrain.

The Wizard looks like a cheap plastic toy stick. Worry about its stability.

Free hands is a joke, how dare you let the blades follow you, in case the GPS lost or magnetic interfered. :confused:

And it rises security concern, can you imagine all beginners take off their blades by using Wizard LOL

If you need a platform for pro AP, then you need DJI Inspire 1, dual operator is a must. Is a 360-degree gimbal and retractable landing gear useful for solo pilots? I doubt it. Independent 360-degree camera movement is generally only useful for professional aerial film making. With that in mind, what professional wants to use a 1/2.3 sensor for professional imaging instead of a larger sensor such as those compatible with the Inspire 1?

Reactions: leoleole
Inspire is more expensive, has less feature, worse gimbal (non continious), does not have 6 props and is totally not portable. Also to mention the cheap controller compared to the professional ST16 and no object avoidance. Totally not worth it and I doubt DJI will have any more sales on this old technology since you get way way more value from Typhoon H - better price, more features, better everything.

Inspire is more expensive, has less feature, worse gimbal (non continious), does not have 6 props and is totally not portable. Also to mention the cheap controller compared to the professional ST16 and no object avoidance. Totally not worth it and I doubt DJI will have any more sales on this old technology since you get way way more value from Typhoon H - better price, more features, better everything.

"Fly" away pls.

Glider was saying he need a camera platform, catch the point, "fly".

No, I don't catch the point nor understand you. Either I am dumb or you are unreasonable.

If you don't like it - that's fine :) I personally would like to carry "keyboard-like" controller instead of controller + tablet.

If you don't like it - that's fine :) I personally would like to carry "keyboard-like" controller instead of controller + tablet.
Just ignore the little DJI kids rixcho. As much fun as it is to watch the uneducated pimply little toe rags squabble on every one else's forums, it gets boring hearing the same rubbish emanate from their mums basement.
The thing though, is it just puts everyone off DJI.
I'm not a brand hack, so I purchase based on my own informed decisions, not that of a teenage wannabe who needs Mum to make his school lunch.

Reactions: rixcho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval