Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Helpful Mod

Reaction score
I wanted a strobe light on my Typhoon, so I did this mod. Hope it helps. It can be adapted for most any drone. Pictures in the zip file should be self-explanatory. I made a short video clip to show how it can be seen in full daylight from a distance. The light itself is about $10 from WalMart, brand name Schwinn. It is a USB rechargeable strobe/steady light made for bicycles. I used a Dremel tool to remove the strap that came with the light. Then I used Velcro to attach to the drone. I chose that location so it points to the front, but you can put it wherever you wish.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• strobe mod.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 42
Pretty clever! Thanks for sharing, you can't go wrong with a $10.00 strobe.

Thanks. This was a must for me, and I Think in the future the FAA will require strobes, just like they do in manned aircraft.
I also wanted it to be able to tell which way the drone was facing when it's far away. That video was taking in strong sunlight, and was pretty visible. I might put two of them onboard. Nice thing about them is that the strobe can also be put into normal mode and it just becomes a bright light. I was thinking of somehow mounting it to the camera so that it could be pointed at objects in the dark.

Reactions: ronrod68
Thanks. This was a must for me, and I Think in the future the FAA will require strobes, just like they do in manned aircraft.
I also wanted it to be able to tell which way the drone was facing when it's far away. That video was taking in strong sunlight, and was pretty visible. I might put two of them onboard. Nice thing about them is that the strobe can also be put into normal mode and it just becomes a bright light. I was thinking of somehow mounting it to the camera so that it could be pointed at objects in the dark.
Not sure you would be able to mount it on the camera due to balance issues. Indeed, some pilots have to address this when fitting filters. I'd be interested if you do fit it to the camera and how you overcome the balance issue.

Not sure you would be able to mount it on the camera due to balance issues. Indeed, some pilots have to address this when fitting filters. I'd be interested if you do fit it to the camera and how you overcome the balance issue.
You are right about balance. The only way to know is to do it, but if I do, I will put a counterweight on also. This strobe is very light (pun intended) :)

Reactions: FlushVision
You are right about balance. The only way to know is to do it, but if I do, I will put a counterweight on also. This strobe is very light (pun intended) :)
When you do it please let us know how you get over the balance issue. I do know that some pilots who have the issue when fitting filters use a small coin to counterbalance the filter. (by the way, not all pilots have this issue when fitting filters...not by a long shot...only some of them).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater