Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hope no one got fed up with Yuncee delays & ordered a PRODRONE

I wonder how many orders Yuneec lost because of the delays but at least it started to ship albeit in drips and drags.

I liked the review that Bo did on the Prodrone Byrd and it looked to be a very nice quad. With it's foldable arms and the camera on HIS review model worked just fine. I'm sad to see they have not fulfilled their expectations. Yuneec is very close to that right now with the delays even though they are parceling out in dribs and drabs still does not instill much confidence.

I believe Jim Bowers is affiliated with AcesDeals and is most likely why he came out with this video at basically the same time as AcesDeals did.

Reactions: JohnL
I think the whole "preorder" thing borders on sharp practice anyway and that those who pushed for prodrone presales so hard before it was finalised should shoulder some of the responsibility towards disapointed customers.

Last edited:
The world of competitive markets causes companies to do strange things... "Over promise and under deliver" and hope everyone forgives and forgets.

I think the next drone to fizzle out will be the "LILY". Want a laugh, check out the website.

Lily - Camera. Reinvented.

When this drone was first announced, people put down their cash to pre-order... but that was long ago and it still has not launched. Look at the specs and what it can do. Pretty much useless... can't fly high, can't replace the battery, has no obstacle avoidance, No 4K camera, etc, etc, etc. Even if they launched it tomorrow it would be old technology.

The world of competitive markets causes companies to do strange things... "Over promise and under deliver" and hope everyone forgives and forgets.

I think the next drone to fizzle out will be the "LILY". Want a laugh, check out the website.

Lily - Camera. Reinvented.

When this drone was first announced, people put down their cash to pre-order... but that was long ago and it still has not launched. Look at the specs and what it can do. Pretty much useless... can't fly high, can't replace the battery, has no obstacle avoidance, No 4K camera, etc, etc, etc. Even if they launched it tomorrow it would be old technology.
I remember seeing this on line last year and thinking yeah some people will dig that. Very limited use though. Pretty much just this awful selfie generation gag. Anyway, if there's a market, then give them what they want.
It's just sad that a small start up tries to design, test, manufacture, package, promote then deliver some new tech, and we now as a society demand it be ready yesterday.
In the mean time other established companies are already developing similar devices with all the infrastructure in place to make it happen faster.
I feel for them in a way. Sure you shouldn't promise anything you may not deliver on, but you kinda have to get the market interested as soon as possible now days. It's a double edged sword.

I remember seeing this on line last year and thinking yeah some people will dig that. Very limited use though. Pretty much just this awful selfie generation gag. Anyway, if there's a market, then give them what they want.
It's just sad that a small start up tries to design, test, manufacture, package, promote then deliver some new tech, and we now as a society demand it be ready yesterday.
In the mean time other established companies are already developing similar devices with all the infrastructure in place to make it happen faster.
I feel for them in a way. Sure you shouldn't promise anything you may not deliver on, but you kinda have to get the market interested as soon as possible now days. It's a double edged sword.
I remember a promo for that sometime last year. It looks like it is geared toward the U-tube stunt crowd and not for serious work - like the original Go-pro philosophy.

Technology has changed the way we do business. My wife garage sales exclusively with her phone and paypal. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Imagine how difficult it was to get capital for your invention before Kickstarter and other places like that. Or having a camera with 36 pictures and you only needed 5, or worse you didn't know how they turned out until developed. Remember those botched wedding photos? Now they take hundreds/thousands and don't bat an eye. When done, you just erase the card and reuse. The list is long. We live in interesting times; technology is moving faster than the latest inventions can make it to market. I've read in the next ten years, we will see technology advance faster than the entire 20th century.

I believe Jim Bowers is affiliated with AcesDeals and is most likely why he came out with this video at basically the same time as AcesDeals did.

I have a few emails from ACES DEALS and they were pretty vocal about the whole Yuneec delay as well. I would think they put a bit of pressure on the North American distributer, hence the reason they were first to get they massive
I remember a promo for that sometime last year. It looks like it is geared toward the U-tube stunt crowd and not for serious work - like the original Go-pro philosophy.

Did you see the price? Pre-order now = $899 U.S. Buy in summer and it is $999 U.S.

I still think the Lily is a pretty useful piece of equipment to those of us who play in the water. As an avid lake enthusiast it would be great to have an option for a drone to follow you while you ski/tube/wakeboard without the fear of water damage.

Technology has changed the way we do business. My wife garage sales exclusively with her phone and paypal. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Imagine how difficult it was to get capital for your invention before Kickstarter and other places like that. Or having a camera with 36 pictures and you only needed 5, or worse you didn't know how they turned out until developed. Remember those botched wedding photos? Now they take hundreds/thousands and don't bat an eye. When done, you just erase the card and reuse. The list is long. We live in interesting times; technology is moving faster than the latest inventions can make it to market. I've read in the next ten years, we will see technology advance faster than the entire 20th century.

I kind of like what DJI did with the Phantom 4... BUT... Only DJI could do this because they have a loyal band of followers who will buy anything new from DJI (kinda like the Apple fanboys). There were some slight rumours hinting at a new Phantom a month prior to it's announcement, then it was announced and demo'd and a date was given as to when you could pre-order it. Everything appeared to work according to DJI's plan. This of course means that DJI had the Phantom 4 in design and production several months earlier than launch so very little could go wrong. (like Apple does when they announce a product).

Yuneec does not have as big a following as DJI, so they took a different approach to stir up interest. They announced and demo'd their product early to get media coverage and possibly take sales away from the competition. Many will say that is why DJI launched the Phantom 4 a month early (it is a possibility). The only problem with Yuneec's plan was that they had planned for a launch date but could not control all the variables. According to sources, Yuneec couldn't meet deadlines due to the supply of components & last minute required changes to the Typhoon H.

Two different approaches to bringing a product to market.... but if Yuneec increases it's year end sales and stature in the market, it could be a very different game when the Typhoon H2 is suddenly announced and arrives on schedule as planned.

I still think the Lily is a pretty useful piece of equipment to those of us who play in the water. As an avid lake enthusiast it would be great to have an option for a drone to follow you while you ski/tube/wakeboard without the fear of water damage.

I will give you that. Being water proof is a plus for the Lilly. Apparently the GoPro Karma will follow the same sport selfie waterproof/environment proof features with the owner wearing a special arm band.

I still can't figure out why GoPro is so hush hush on the Karma. Hard to build any hype for a unit when we know absolutely nothing about it.

Lol. I remember in my photography class in school my professor approached me with a prototype camera that captured electronic images instead of using film. I beleive it saved the image on a 3.5" floppy, and maybe 8 images on each disk. It was so amazing to see an image without heading to the dark room. As amazing as it was nobody thought it would ever replace our beloved SLRs.

Lol. As amazing as it was nobody thought it would ever replace our beloved SLRs.
Neither did Kodak. And it was Kodak who invented the commercial digital camera but decided it was never going to fly. The rest is history...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval