Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hover Method of Accelerometer Calibration

R

Rayray

Please do not try this Hover method unless you are very experienced flying the Typhoon H. Instead, use the method described in the Owners Manual. Also note there must be no wind, or the Calibration will not be accurate.

Watch this on YouTube with a larger screen to better watch the craft signal lights change.

Any noticeable differences in flight characteristics when doing the hover cal?

I just can't get my head around the idea of calibrating the accelerometer with the craft in the air as I was always under the presumption that the craft had to be completely stable, i.e.: left alone on the ground with no movement or vibrations, etc.

I just can't get my head around the idea of calibrating the accelerometer with the craft in the air as I was always under the presumption that the craft had to be completely stable, i.e.: left alone on the ground with no movement or vibrations, etc.

You're not alone.

Actually, the hover method is the only method of calibrating the accelerometer with the Cheerson CX-20 / Quanum Nova.

I talked to Yuneec Germany (they are checking my telemetry to be able to tell me what caused my H to drop once and to shoot up in the air beyond RTH height and drift away) and asked if I should calibrate the accelerometer with the craft in the air and the answer was NO.

The 350 made you fly it to set that. I still do a close by RTH test after calibration out of habit.

Any noticeable differences in flight characteristics when doing the hover cal?

What's happening Down Under?:cool:

When I first learned about the Hover method, several months ago, it seemed counter-intuitive, and I was very skeptical.:confused: Testing the method myself over time and conditions, I do believe it is often better if performed correctly (and it is not rocket science:rolleyes:). "No-Wind conditions" is a must, not so much for piloting the craft, but for the calibration to be accurate.:)

I am not promoting this method, but simply making info available.

Happy 4th, American members, and Happy Flying...:D

Reactions: lsn618
What's happening Down Under?:cool:

Living the dream buddy - living the dream.

Territory day where I am - fireworks going off like crazy - been like that since 9am this morning!!!!

Happy 4th to all over your way.

Interesting to think about all the different lifestyles we live and the things we celebrate, yet, we all live under the same sky, same moon, same sun.
Life is good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1