Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do I know when my Typhoon was manufactured?

Reaction score
There is a lot of talk about the "new ones" having a glass lens and the "old ones" having a plastic lens. How do I know which one is which? I got the typhoon from Carolina Dronz last week.

Reason for the question - I have a blurred image on the right side of video or picture.

id chech to see if theres manufactureing residue on the lense of filter first

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Supposedly they are all glass, glass being harder to scratch. Plastic lenses are as good optically, nearly all eyeglasses now have plastic lenses. Send Carolina Dronz a photo and ask them, they are a premier supplier, and won't steer you wrong.

The lenses have all been glass. The protective glass that looks like a filter could be dirty on either side, as could the lens behind it. They do need to be cleaned from time to time. Do so just as you would the glass on a good camera you wanted to keep.

Yuneec has yet or will not change the lens on the cgo3+ When they do add new Glass it will come out for the Cgo5

I need to determine the manufacture date of my typhoon h for insurance purposes. Any ideas on how to determine this ?

In fact they did somehow change the lenses. Espacially the earlier models had a very inconsistent quality level. On the newer models it is unlikly that you will have an unfocused, cloudy or blurry image.

Sadly you cannot tell which one is which. You might have a look on the remote. If it has three antennas but you do not have the RealSense module installed on the Typhoon H it is from at least 2016. If you have the RS installed there is no way to tell. You might also have a look at the software version. If you did not update it, it might be a hint.

I need to determine the manufacture date of my typhoon h for insurance purposes. Any ideas on how to determine this ?

If you have been keeping your telemetry or have less than 100 flights, you should be able to see the first test flight taken in China - it will have the date of the very first flight which; would be very close to the date of manufacture. Other wise just use the date of purchase minus a few weeks, I doubt the insurance is looking for specifics - more like model year, as with cars.

Reactions: h-elsner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval