Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do I record the ST-16 screen during flight?

Reaction score
i see all the YouTube videos that include the ST-16 screen but have no idea how they are doing that. So how is that done?

I have not played with the new firmware yet but, from what I read, I believe it records automatically when you are recording on the H. Just press the play icon on the ST16 screen to see and play the clips.

Others can chime in of course as I could be wrong.

I have not played with the new firmware yet but, from what I read, I believe it records automatically when you are recording on the H. Just press the play icon on the ST16 screen to see and play the clips.

Others can chime in of course as I could be wrong.
Thanks I will try that. I have only flown one battery so far. I want to be out flying right now.

Oh I am sorry, I misread that, you meant screen capturing the St16 screen data etc... Yea exactly like alsey said you need to capture the HDMI video output.

Sorry about that. i:)i

It seems that you guys know a lot about screen capturing? Did you ever know the output format - FBR? because recently i used a screen capture program named BB Flashback, also to record HD quality videos. But the output generated by this program was FBR. I could play it in VLC and Windows Media Player. Later I found this article (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/convert-fbr-to-mp4.html) and it mentioned that i must compressed the FBR to mp4. But I just want to know whether it is the only way to solve this problem? Because i also know that video compression will cause some kind of quality loss (the original video is 720p 60fps which is pretty good) and whether there is an alternative such as changing extension or another better media player?

I recorded the screen using Android Studio on my MacBook, although that meant connecting it via a USB a cable.

I found an HDMI recorder that has great reviews and is less than 70 bucks. However they plainly state that encrypted (HDCP) HDMI is not supported.

Question: Does anyone know if the output of the ST-16 is encrypted as suck? TIA.

Never mind, I went ahead and ordered it and it came today. Works perfectly, apparently the HDCP encryption has to do with certain gaming consoles, the video from our ST-16 does not have that encryption.

Not at all . . . . Here is a link to it on Amazon - Recorder

NOTE: The one I received had a Euro style plug on the AC Adapter. In my case, not a problem; as I converted into battery operation so I didn't have too much of an issue but I suspect others may find that it is a deal breaker.

Recorder.jpg

Not at all . . . . Here is a link to it on Amazon - Recorder

NOTE: The one I received had a Euro style plug on the AC Adapter. In my case, not a problem; as I converted into battery operation so I didn't have too much of an issue but I suspect others may find that it is a deal breaker.

View attachment 7690
Can i use that to post videos on facebook or what will i need? What i don t understand is my son has a yuneec breeze 4k and you can post them from there but not from the st16?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval