Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do I reset the clock to the correct local time??

Reaction score
I noticed the time in my ST16 is an hour slow. I went into the Pad/Settings and tried resetting the time, but once I had it corrected, I switched back to the main screen and the time was still an hour slow. I checked to make sure I had Pacific Daylight Time set, but every time I attempt to correct the time, it still doesn't save the new setting. And of course the manuals don't say a darn thing about this!

Mojoe35

I noticed the time in my ST16 is an hour slow. I went into the Pad/Settings and tried resetting the time, but once I had it corrected, I switched back to the main screen and the time was still an hour slow. I checked to make sure I had Pacific Daylight Time set, but every time I attempt to correct the time, it still doesn't save the new setting. And of course the manuals don't say a darn thing about this!

Mojoe35

This is a known bug, some people thought they had the fix but it does not last to keep the correct time.
We will have to wait for a firmware fix on this one.

Did you select "Save" after setting new time? I am sure you did! Because mine saved the time just fine!

Did you select "Save" after setting new time? I am sure you did! Because mine saved the time just fine!
Where is the "Save" button? I don't see that anywhere when setting time or date.

Where is the "Save" button? I don't see that anywhere when setting time or date.
I meant the "Done" botton, sorry!, One thing I did select and keeps the time correct is at the top of the time settings is a box to check/uncheck, I chose check. It says "Automatic Date and Time" "use network date and time" I check that box? Hope it helps!

Reactions: jwjohnson
I meant the "Done" botton, sorry!, One thing I did select and keeps the time correct is at the top of the time settings is a box to check/uncheck, I chose check. It says "Automatic Date and Time" "use network date and time" I check that box? Hope it helps!
Thanks. I'll try it again.

I thought I did save, but I just tried again with the same result of incorrect time. However, I didn't see a "save" button. I just tapped the 'Done' button and when I went back to the main screen, the time was wrong again.

I did hear from someone else saying it's a known problem and perhaps the next update will fix it.

Mojoe35

I unchecked the "Use Network Time", set the correct time. DON'T click anything else. Turn OFF the controller. wait a minute or two and see if that works. Worked for me.

What worked for me to over ride the bug is to go into the pads settings, go down to date/time, uncheck Automatic date & time, select a time zone that's 1 hr less negative. I'm on EDT and so I chose Atlantic Time (Canada) with is GMT-3:00 vs using Baltimore which is GMT-4:00. That fix seems to have held and is what I'll use until the bug is fixed.

Ok, thanks for the tips on resetting the clock. I've just done it again and also show GPS Locked and the time is still correct.
I'll shut it down and check again later this afternoon.

I sure appreciate all the help found here on the Forum.

Mojoe35

Same here as soon as you leave the pad screen and go back to flight screen it goes back to one hour, I also tried as suggested set the time and just switch the controller off and leave a minute and switch back on directly the flight screen boots up you actually see the clock roll back one hour, so I guess there is a bug in some off the controllers.

Same here as soon as you leave the pad screen and go back to flight screen it goes back to one hour, I also tried as suggested set the time and just switch the controller off and leave a minute and switch back on directly the flight screen boots up you actually see the clock roll back one hour, so I guess there is a bug in some off the controllers.
Time is controlled via GPS signal. Does not matter what you set it as, GPS will override. I think it's a daylight savings bug.

Yes... I agree, time is set by GPS and GPS knows nothing about daylight savings time. That's where the tablet needs to know to adjust for the American daylight savings time based off of the GPS time. I think the work around is, as mentioned, choose another time zone.

Well, I did reset the clock again and turn it off after tapping the 'done' button. I waited a few minutes and restarted the ST16 and it had the correct time showing. Great, I thought! But, a while ago I turned on the ST16 and it was an hour slow again! I guess we'll just have to wait until the next firmware version comes out and hope it's fixed by then. It really doesn't hurt having the wrong time, but I do like my pictures to show when they are taken. Sigh....

Mojoe35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx