Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How long have you been flying your H?

Uhhh... about 24hrs. She just arrived yesterday so flew yesterday & today. Just have the one battery at this point, 2nd battery should arrive Wednesday, so it was probably 15 minutes each. Definitely felt better today. I think I might have messed up the calibration yesterday. Started in the hobby about 7 years ago, but got out of it & now I'm kind of starting over again.
Manual for the H.
Do not fly in SMART MODE, until you understand the characteristics of it's use.
Fly in ANGLE MODE.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: KellyR
LOL Yeah, I tried switching to smart just to see what it would be like & it was a little weird.

I've had mine since 2 June 16. No crashes, batteries still good. 150 flights and I still love smart mode. I do fly the H520 more now, as the camera is better and I do occasional survey flights.

Been flying for little over a year. Before flying I used to get really annoyed by them when I would go to the beach or other outdoor attractions. It honestly took one flight for me to completely change my mind and got pretty obsessed. I've had several small crashes really close to the ground. Got it stuck in a tree once too, had to get a pruning pole to push it out and had a couple buddies on the ground holding a tarp to catch it. Good times. I've flown a Phantom a couple times, but the Typhoon just seems so much more solid and fun.

I bought my TH from a local dealer on May 25, 2016. The dealer is gone but the bird still flies great. I fly recreationally and have 191 flights on the TH. There have been 2 "incidents" (my own fault) but the damage was repairable. I'm still using some of the original props and the original battery. I am continually impressed with the quality of its 4K30p video. For best results, I use a standard white card for locking white balance and ND filters to keep shutter speed close to 1/60th second and ISO close to 100.

Wow I guess I would still be considered a newbie. 20 months zero crash, shot down with birdshot once, recovered 2 weeks later when shooter tried to sell it on Craig's list. Yuneec viewed my flight logs and video of the incident advised me to send it back. I received a complete replacement and an extra battery down time less then s month. Excellent customer service in my opinion. Never an issues since and she remains one of my favorites.

I've been operating my H for 3 1/2 years without a crash, loss of signal, etc. I was just wondering how many others have been.
I've been flying about 1 1/2 with my H. Admittedly, I haven't logged lots of hours. I had one crash because I was too far away ( ~100 yards away ) and couldn't see all the small branches that ultimately got into the props. Other than that I've never lost signal or anything else that I thought was flaky. Fingers crossed!

Have you changed the props at all in that time just out of interest ? Mine seem good as new after 200 flights even under very close inspection...

Actually, I haven't changed the props. I have inspected with them with dye penetrant and once with x-ray and I haven't seen any issues with them. I have over 850 hours on them. I wish I had more time on them but I don't get to fly as often as I would like.

Uhhh... about 24hrs. She just arrived yesterday so flew yesterday & today. Just have the one battery at this point, 2nd battery should arrive Wednesday, so it was probably 15 minutes each. Definitely felt better today. I think I might have messed up the calibration yesterday. Started in the hobby about 7 years ago, but got out of it & now I'm kind of starting over again.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you have many hours of safe flying with them.

Reactions: KellyR
I've been operating my H for 3 1/2 years without a crash, loss of signal, etc. I was just wondering how many others have been.
How did manage three and half years? I thought it was launched in April 2016. Was a previous release, as it it won't be til July approx.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you have many hours of safe flying with them.

Thanks! So far, so good. Although, I only have 5 flights under my belt. Each time I feel a bit more confident. I had been flying in the park next door, a small suburban area, but got a chance to go out in the country where my sister lives. Man, that was blast! The park wasn't that big, & I don't want to go flying over people's houses for safety's sake, so it was a bit limiting. But, in a huge field, I was able to scream around all over. I even swapped over to fly in mode 4. I liked it a lot more than mode 2. It makes more sense to me for a multi-rotor. I did go behind a barn & lost signal for a bit. Wasn't a big deal though. I hit the home button & it flew back into range. Very cool. I love this thing!

Purchased my H-Pro w/RealSense 11/24/2018 Never Crashed :) 187 Missions to date 40 plus hours of flight time and still going strong.

Have my eye on a 2nd H-Pro and also an H920.

My DJI Fleet doesn't get anywhere near the usage The H Does :)

I pre ordered an H prior to their original release. Received it in May, 2016. It’s still flying.

I also note flight time is affected by which accessories are attached. Where things like cameras and bricks shorten flight time a lot, things like helium balloons extend flight significantly. (control gets a bit odd, especially landing)

Landing Gear:
Landing Gear.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Rickster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval