Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How many batts are you guys running ?

Reaction score
just curious how many batteries you guy are carrying out to a session , any recommendation for cool down time on the motors in between. I believe it was 10min on my 501s

I have 6

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I also have 6. I let the motors sit for a few minutes, do a preflight check and reset my video settings and then take off again.

Reactions: Brock.ugk
I have 6

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cool, just trying to gauge what I will really need to get the most out of my H. The flight times I am hearing about with real sense units has me thinking my two real world batteries is pretty much like having 1 advertised battery , Any chance yuneec would maybe show some good faith and offer batteries at a discounted rate to owners of typhoon H's, If I fly two batteries at 15 min each that only puts me at 5 min above advertised flight time of one battery. Idk just thinking out loud.

I've seen stock batteries for under a $100 all over Amazon. And the new 7000 MaH were going for $109 at Carolina Drones.

I like to fly within the 20% rule of battery use so I only get about 12 minutes per battery of which I have 7. I am happy with this as only flying VLOS I need a natural break after pre-planning and carrying out my shooting schedule.

I've seen stock batteries for under a $100 all over Amazon. And the new 7000 MaH were going for $109 at Carolina Drones.
I only saw a 7500 mah for 79.00 are you speaking of a newer model?

I only saw a 7500 mah for 79.00 are you speaking of a newer model?
Yes, they sold out of 7000's. They are quoting 3-5 minutes extra, but the math doesn't add up. I think it's probably closer to 2-4 minutes. It's a new battery for the H so it didn't surprise me they sold out so fast. Let's face it most of us would look at anything that I can give us more flight time.

Idk if the risk of an off brand battery would two to four minutes flight time , I think I will just stock up on OEM batts. I will hint at the girlfriend that they make the perfect stocking stuffer. :cool:

I have 3, would like 1-2 more.
Max flight time ever was 16 minutes and a few seconds.
Average flight time 10-14 depending on how aggressive I fly. I think the only way Yuneec got above 20 minutes flight time was to start the timer at power up, and hover with out the camera on, and let it auto land when the battery ran out.
May take a shot at the GiFi 7000 battery.

That's why I tell my family just to throw it all on a visa gift card, and save themselves all that trouble looking around for some gift that can't fly or take photos.

I look at it this way, my Cinestar with a 3 axis gimbal and a Canon only got 7-8 minutes on 14000ma worth of 6s batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 batteries and typically wait about 10 minutes before flying again on a fully charged battery. This gives me a little time to check my photos and other footage :)

Yes, they sold out of 7000's. They are quoting 3-5 minutes extra, but the math doesn't add up. I think it's probably closer to 2-4 minutes. It's a new battery for the H so it didn't surprise me they sold out so fast. Let's face it most of us would look at anything that I can give us more flight time.

If technology could invent a battery for the Typhoon that was as light as a piece of toast, with the same power that we have today, we'd be flying for 30 mins. Half the problem with these batteries is the weight.

I have 3 Yuneec batteries and one Multistar that I have adapted. I will be buying several more of the Multistar batteries at $43 each.

just curious how many batteries you guy are carrying out to a session , any recommendation for cool down time on the motors in between. I believe it was 10min on my 501s
I use 4 batteries and plan to buy Hoverfly Tethered Yuneec Typhoon H cause I need to be in the air 30-40 minutes for some assignments. I don't belive that the motors need to cool down as they are cooled by the propellers themselves during flight. Comments on that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval