Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How many SD cards do you carry with you?

Reaction score
This question is for the pilots that use their drones for work.

How many SD cards do you carry on you?

This question is for the pilots that use their drones for work.

How many SD cards do you carry on you?
Three, 128Gb, one a as spare and one when my customer wants the recorded card to bring with him/her direct after the flight when they are in a hurry and want to edit the still pics or video themselves. Yes, I get the card back later.. :)

Reactions: h1pst3r88
I generally have just the one U3 class in the camera. On the odd occasion I will carry a spare if it's a bigger job and there is a risk of filling up the original card.

1 for each flight. After every flight I change the card. I do not want to loose shots from previous flights if something happens to my drone.

1 for each flight. After every flight I change the card. I do not want to loose shots from previous flights if something happens to my drone.
I would then need at least a minimum of 3 cards, as many as 8.

I don't do commercial stuff so I only take 2 cards. 1 in the craft (all flights), and another one in the bag in case I ever forget to put the first one back !

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
For each aircraft we carry a "wallet" that has 12 Micro SD card slots (6 on the left and 6 on the right) but only carry 6 cards in it. We replace the card with each battery swap and the "consumed" cards go on the empty side keeping them organized for each use.

Here's a sample of what we use:
Pelican 0915 Memory Card Case SDHC SDXC MicroSD

I always have two - one in the bird, and one in the bag. If I get some, what I think is exceptional footage, at next battery change, I change the card also, just in case something happens to the H. (I fly over water a lot.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech