Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOW TO ACTIVATE FRONT FACING SONAR (this isn't the intel real sense)

Reaction score
The intel real sense isn't out yet but the H doesn't come stock with front facing sonar obstacle avoidance, this is how you activate it.

We tested it successfully but we do not assume any responsibility or liability if it doesn't work for you.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube: iDRONEuDRONE

I am confused , does it or doesn't it? and how do you activate if it doesn't ! LOL I got ya Chris, just threw me off my rocker !

i like idea of the on and off switch,I personally do better when I have more hands on control.I don't plan on flying much or at all so close to solid object,I feel better knowing its on when turned on and you see that it's on.

I am confused , does it or doesn't it? and how do you activate if it doesn't ! LOL I got ya Chris, just threw me off my rocker !
It does come stock with front facing sonar avoidance.... What you mean is it has to be turned on.
It does come stock with front facing sonar avoidance.... What you mean is it has to be turned on.

Coming stock with something is a physical item or feature...it doesn't mean that it can't be turned on and off...so yes, it DOES come with the sonar which is completely different from the intel real sense...the sonar is those 2 circles on the front of the drone above the camera...the intel real sense will be a physical module that you clip in onto the drone. The intel Real Sense essentially does the same thing BUT much more advanced than the stock sonar which comes pre-built into the drone. I hope this clarifies everything for you if not let me know.

Look at this picture the 2 circles is what comes with the drone and you can turn that feature on or off on the remote...the bar below it is the intel real sense which again isn't out yet...
http://iq.intel.com/wp-content/uplo...yphoon-H-Intel-RealSense-CES2016-1024x737.jpg

Coming stock with something is a physical item or feature...it doesn't mean that it can't be turned on and off...so yes, it DOES come with the sonar which is completely different from the intel real sense...the sonar is those 2 circles on the front of the drone above the camera...the intel real sense will be a physical module that you clip in onto the drone. The intel Real Sense essentially does the same thing BUT much more advanced than the stock sonar which comes pre-built into the drone. I hope this clarifies everything for you if not let me know.

Look at this picture the 2 circles is what comes with the drone and you can turn that feature on or off on the remote...the bar below it is the intel real sense which again isn't out yet...
http://iq.intel.com/wp-content/uplo...yphoon-H-Intel-RealSense-CES2016-1024x737.jpg

Holy Clickbait video 2:10 to say, make sure the obstacle avoidance switch is on otherwise it won't work.

Brilliant job guys I'll be sure not to watch your videos in the future

Exactly. You could have made that a 15 second video to explain something that should be pretty obvious. All that to say "if you turn on the switch it works, if you don't turn it on it doesn't work". Pretty sure that's covered in the manual, or you could just read the label next to the switch. If people are dumb enough to not figure this out on their own, your video will not help them...they are beyond help and shouldn't be flying.

Please take this as constructive criticism. You put a lot of effort into this and didn't say anything useful. Make a video about the cable cam or something that not many people have gone in-depth. Help us fill the gaps between what the manual says and how it actually works. This will generate more hits without making click-bait drive-by videos.

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys

Thanks for posting that link. This is the first photo I've seen of the RealSense module.

I don't have my H yet but from what I've seen there isn't much clearance btw the camera and the ground. Seems like the RealSense module will shrink that distance even more.

What kind of camera ground clearance are we looking at?

Exactly. You could have made that a 15 second video to explain something that should be pretty obvious. All that to say "if you turn on the switch it works, if you don't turn it on it doesn't work". Pretty sure that's covered in the manual, or you could just read the label next to the switch. If people are dumb enough to not figure this out on their own, your video will not help them...they are beyond help and shouldn't be flying.

Please take this as constructive criticism. You put a lot of effort into this and didn't say anything useful. Make a video about the cable cam or something that not many people have gone in-depth. Help us fill the gaps between what the manual says and how it actually works. This will generate more hits without making click-bait drive-by videos.
thank you

1. make sure the obstacle avoidance switch is on
2. Landing gear should be "UP"

enjoy

LANDING GEAR UP. I forgot. Let me check now to see if mine still works ok. I hope that was my problem, because my obstacle avoidance showed ready, but it was not working. I think my gear was down though. Let me try again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval