Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to connect tablet to the st16 as 2nd display

Reaction score
I want to use either an ipad or sony tablet as a larger 2nd display.

The problem being the st16 outputs through hdmi which is fine if you are flying in your lounge and want to connect to the tv!

I have trawled through goodle search but i am struggeling to find anyway to provide a wired connection.

A dedicated 10" battery powered HD field monitor with hdmi input is around £300 which seems a daft option when i have two tablets avalible!

Anyone with any ideas?

I started the same thread last week with good results. Use CGO from App Store works good but limited to distance. Oh don't forget to turn on your wifi on the iPad, like some clown I know

I had contacted Yuneec Support asking if there was an app in the works that could act as a gimbal/camera control instead of getting a second ST16 controller...essentially they said at this time to use the CGO3 app and a tablet connected via wifi and that it would have limited capabilites:

Hello, you can only take pic or video. You will not be able to use the 360 effect with the app on the tablet. Only ST16 will have that control. You can use CG03 app on the play store.

The app is poor quality video with very poor connection distance.

If I could get the ST16 to output via usb then it seems easy. A hdmi to usb converter looks to be the only option.

I'm pretty sure your Ipad will not serve as a HD monitor via the HDMI cable but your sony tablet might be a better option. Most only work as a HDMI out not as a monitor.

The app is poor quality video with very poor connection distance.

If I could get the ST16 to output via usb then it seems easy. A hdmi to usb converter looks to be the only option.
AFAIK, this converter doesn't exist and even if it did, what would you plug it into? Phones/Tablets only output video so you can hook it up to your TV. I'm not claiming to be a phone/tablet expert, but I haven't heard of any that will input video from the usb/lightning port.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtle Shots
I was thinking more of converting the hdmi output from the st16 into usb - my sony tablet has a usb port.

Reactions: Skypicswa
I was thinking more of converting the hdmi output from the st16 into usb - my sony tablet has a usb port.
I believe this will work. Keep us posted.

AFAIK, this converter doesn't exist and even if it did, what would you plug it into? Phones/Tablets only output video so you can hook it up to your TV. I'm not claiming to be a phone/tablet expert, but I haven't heard of any that will input video from the usb/lightning port.
Company DJI not know about it! LOL!
It connects your pannel for seeing on phones and tablet created by DJIGO(and APP Litchi) application and controls the camera and flight programs.
If Yuneec able to do a similar program or enter the SDK to Litchi made such program (application)- this will be a great breakthrough for Typhoon H ...

Company DJI not know about it! LOL!
It connects your pannel for seeing on phones and tablet created by DJIGO(and APP Litchi) application and controls the camera and flight programs.
If Yuneec able to do a similar program or enter the SDK to Litchi made such program (application)- this will be a great breakthrough for Typhoon H ...
Yes, DJI does send video to the phone/tablet, but it requires both the RC controller and the app to function. Yuneec doesn't have an app that can accept the video through the usb port. The CGO3 app uses wifi. We were referring to taking the HDMI out of the ST16, converting it to usb (somehow) and then plugging that into a tablet usb port and having the video show up on the screen to use as a 2nd monitor. That's not going to happen unless someone writes an app to handle the incoming video stream (or Yuneec modifies their app).

Perhaps the time has come to disturb the company and ask questions about HDMI and
when they will create other programs or applications to work well
;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval