Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to get GREAT looking VIDEO out of the CGO3+

Excellent share CD. I do a lot of video and am just starting with the drones and appreciate the time you took to put this together, especially the DaVinci Resolve piece and which LUT to use. I haven't tried DaVinci yet since Premiere has improved their color tools. After seeing your video will definitely try it.

Thank you for your effort and giving us a tutorial that actually teaches us something. I know that video didn't throw itself together in 5 minutes. It seems like I spend 9/10's of my time trying to lean and 1/10th actually doing but learning is what makes it fun.

Reactions: GRH
Great video,I think this will help a lot of people to shoot better video with the H,very well explained and very informative.
Thank you!

Thanks for the information CD that helps a lot. Going to shoot some video on the beach.

thanks Captain, just what I needed to know...going to practice today!
...subbed and eagerly awaiting more tutorials!

Probably one of the BEST (and definitely the most usefully informative) posts I have read on this site EVER!
Great video, thanks so much for sharing you knowledge with us :)
Greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Peter a and John S
I finally had some time to edit together a long overdue video showing how to get great looking video out of the CGO3+ camera. With a little knowledge, the CGO3+ can take videos as good as the P4 camera.

I couldn't cover everything or else it would have been an hour long video. I hope some of you find it helpful!

Have fun with your Typhoon!

Nicely edited...
I'm sorry that you had to go to the expense of hiring a professional actor/presenter to film this tutorial. But I think we can all say that it was worth it.
The end result was a well scripted, great framing, excellent use of subject and examples.
Would not be out of place in a Lydna.com teaching lesson.
I give it a big fat fresh red and a full.
Fantastic job mate.

Reactions: John S
Hey @CAPTAINDRONE, just got back from vacation and saw this post. That was freakin excellent! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do this and help us all out. You're the man! :)

Excellent share CD. I do a lot of video and am just starting with the drones and appreciate the time you took to put this together, especially the DaVinci Resolve piece and which LUT to use. I haven't tried DaVinci yet since Premiere has improved their color tools. After seeing your video will definitely try it.
Thanks! I'm still no expert myself with DaVinci Resolve but there are plenty of YouTube tutorials for when I get stuck.

Nicely edited...
I'm sorry that you had to go to the expense of hiring a professional actor/presenter to film this tutorial. But I think we can all say that it was worth it.
The end result was a well scripted, great framing, excellent use of subject and examples.
Would not be out of place in a Lydna.com teaching lesson.
I give it a big fat fresh red and a full.
Fantastic job mate.
Ha ha! I may play a highly paid actor on YouTube but I'm a drone pilot geek (according to my wife) in real life. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Reactions: John S
CD,

Well done, you cleared up some questions I had relative to how the lock function actually worked. Your video became one of my bookmarks for quick reference.

Right. The best way to white balance is to fill 75% of the screen with white. Can't really do that in the air so you have no choice but to point the camera at the next best thing with a color that fills much of the screen... a beach or water or grass or trees, etc. If the colors look correct on the ST16, then lock them in. If not, then select one of the preset White Balance settings. Sunrise Sunset is the most common one I use on most sunny days.
Great video captain! I've only done a few videos so far but also find that the sunrise/sunset preset seems to get the white balance right O partly cloudy days. Thanks for the lut mention. I am new to editing and that seems to make it much easier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox