Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to recover my "full" crash video :-)

Reaction score
So I was taking some gorgeous sunrise video shots off the coast of Key West a few weekends ago and as i'm flying the bird back to land, I try and get fancy and bring it between 2 palm trees.... you guessed it, smack into one of the palm trees. I had the file, however it wasn't closed, so I put it in the H and let it close out the file.
Unfortunately the H cut-off about the last 6 seconds before the wreck. Does anyone know if it's possible to recover the entire video and does it close it out this way on purpose when it knows the file was interrupted because of a crash??

So I was taking some gorgeous sunrise video shots off the coast of Key West a few weekends ago and as i'm flying the bird back to land, I try and get fancy and bring it between 2 palm trees.... you guessed it, smack into one of the palm trees. I had the file, however it wasn't closed, so I put it in the H and let it close out the file.
Unfortunately the H cut-off about the last 6 seconds before the wreck. Does anyone know if it's possible to recover the entire video and does it close it out this way on purpose when it knows the file was interrupted because of a crash??

Hmmmm
Good Question.
The only way I lost a file is
when I failed to stop the
Video before shutting my
Drone iff.
In other words always
Press the stop record button
Before you turn your drone
Off.
I have never heard of a situation like yours before.

One of the pros will be able to tell you more.
Keith

Hmmmm
Good Question.
The only way I lost a file is
when I failed to stop the
Video before shutting my
Drone iff.
In other words always
Press the stop record button
Before you turn your drone
Off.
I have never heard of a situation like yours before.

One of the pros will be able to tell you more.
Keith
Well, that's what did happen... just in a much more sloppy fashion,lol I walked up to the crashed drone that was still on and powered it down before hitting the "stop record" button. So after fixing the H, I put the SD card in to have it close the file, but it closed the file about 6 seconds away from impact. I want to see the impact, lol

There may be a copy of the video on your ST16. Look under Pad/File Manager/Categories/Videos. I don't know if the controller copy is affected by loss of power to the camera or not. It will be of a lower quality, but usually good enough to look good on the ST16 screen. If it's there.

The camera may have lost power for a few seconds when it hit the tree which would have stopped the recording. Those last few seconds of the video would have been stored in the buffer before being recorded to the card. So recovery of the original file is not possible.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval