Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

so modified the batchscript... works fine! Important to know, the acatual Firmware doesn´t contains no update for CGO3+

With the new version the landing gear bug is gone - yes!

It does not seem possible to load the new EU firmware after having the Mr Fux version installed. has the link on this thread been updated to allow for the new firmware does anybody know?

No dice with loading the standard firmware. I have updated the ST 16 but have now got the modified firmware (A) from Mr Fux and the new ST 16 firmware. I can see the led off switch but nothing happens of course. I can see a trip to North London coming.

yuneec53 - I remember you had a load of trouble loading the 'A' patch. Keep trying with some different SD Cards. The STD Firmware Update went in my H with no problems. Don't forget that if it does finally go in, you then need to Bind the ST16 with the H.

yuneec53 - I remember you had a load of trouble loading the 'A' patch. Keep trying with some different SD Cards. The STD Firmware Update went in my H with no problems. Don't forget that if it does finally go in, you then need to Bind the ST16 with the H.

Also, I think you can do the update Via the GUI using a USB link - NO SD Card.

Don't know about updating through the GUI.
Myself and others bricked our H's doing that.
My ST16 and H updated fine with todays new firmware.
I had to rebind when it was done. Used original card.
Clean everything off the card and recheck that its spotless before you load file and try.

yep i habe modifed the cmd file to do it :)

did the firmware update (E), but it was a nightmare ...
i had to rebind the typhoon to the ST16 ...
impossible to do the update with GUI ...
it takes one minutes to have the connection now with the new one (E)

Last edited:
Reactions: yuneec53
First: thanks for being able to change from 2.15 (E) to 2.15 (A)! Camera connection time and gear issue solved!
I was also able to update to the 2.21 (A) package version (Gimbal v1.22, AutoPilot v1.26, Camera v3.2.13(A), RealSense: v1.06).
Now I would like to test the Camera v3.2.13(E), if it got any better than the previous European version. But it seems to be impossible from here...
Will there be an updated/additional download (A) to (E) for the 2.21 package?

Reactions: yuneec53
By way of EU information on upgrading. Despite trying 5 different SD cards I cannot upgrade the Typhoon. I even trie d the GUI but nothing. The ST 16 went fine but not the H. I have been running the altered (A) version from Mr Fux on this forum. This has worked fine and perfect. But i am unable to load any firmware at all. The problem is mostly tied up with the upgrade process. Instead of getting the splash screen after clicking on update 1/2 I get a screen 1/3. This is shown very well on a demo video on this forum recently. It is this wrong upgrade routine I am getting which I believe is causing the problem. Yuneec UK suggested that when their version of the firmware goes up shortly on the UK site this may possibly sort it out. He had never experienced this 1/3 splash screen before. I will probably take it back to North London to fix. In the meantime I post this just by way of information to EU/UK users.

Thanks for your informations.
I take advantage of your expertise to get you two questions:

1) Because the 5.8 GHz frequency is dedicated to the SRD (Shor Range Devices) WiFi non-specific, with such important radio services can interfere, if I use the first unused channels?

2) How is it that in Italy (Europe) radio kits are marketed as per the following link?

Kit trasmissione video FPV 5,8ghz 32ch 200mw 1000mt 6-28volt con controllo remoto canale PPM - Vendita Droni Professionali, Fpv, Trasmettitori Video, accessori GoPro - Sportcamera

They are for DJI Phantom, and have 200 mW of power.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Marco,
if you read carefully, there is a statement at bottom of that page which says max power allowed in Italy as whole Europe as well is 25mW. If you want you can switch to 200mW, but you have to request a permission or use it in a country where it is allowed.
Ric

Hallo,
I have modified the Script So i Update the newest Firmware ans it works great, I use a 32 GB Samsung sd cart

Just updated my H Pro with RealSense (E) Camera V3.2.07(E)

with TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin
After successful update ST16 info shows: Camera V3.2.13(E)

Any ideas :eek:

It does not seem possible to load the new EU firmware after having the Mr Fux version installed. has the link on this thread been updated to allow for the new firmware does anybody know?
I had the same problem like you with the original download ment for the 2.15 versions. I could not get the 2.21 E installed for the camera. But I just managed to generate a bin file that does exactly that (two bin files for both directions A to E and E to A).
The explanation by the originator "Fux" on the first page is brilliant and easy to understand:
After renaming the TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.bin to TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.zip and unpacking it, renaming the included files.zzz to files.zip and unpacking it, you just have to rename the included file "cgo3+gb_3.2.13_LC2_E_firmware_30213.bin" to "cgo3+gb_3.2.14_LC2_E_firmware_30214.bin". (That is the actual trick!) Remember to change both occurences of 3.2.13 to 3.2.14 in the filename (I forgot the first in the first try).
Generate a new MD5 checksum (free programs available on the net) from "files.zip" and paste this new checksum into the unpacked text file "FILE_MD5.txt" instead of the old existing checksum.
In the end you have to carefully re-zip the files (keep the original order, e.g. no extra folders), rename "files.zip" to "files.zzz" and "TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.zip" to "TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.bin", put this file on the SD card, put it in the CGO3+, run the setup via the ST16, restart your YTH and you will see the camera version 3.2.13 (E) on your settings display.
You will notice the camera binding will take instead of about 30 sec for the A-version about 60 sec for the E-Version, but the camera will also be recognized again by the WLAN of your mobile device! This way the CGO app can be used again which I am planning to do with a pure Wizard + CGO app constellation...
Big thanks again to "Fux" for providing this possibility and his brilliant explanation (that even I was able to follow)!

Last edited:
Just updated my H Pro with RealSense (E) Camera V3.2.07(E)

with TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin
After successful update ST16 info shows: Camera V3.2.13(E)

Any ideas :eek:

I did it exactly like you and got the E, but i kept it ...
I live in CH and here there is no rule about the power, i could have the A, but writing to yunneec in europe is impossible, they never reply ...

I did it exactly like you and got the E, but i kept it ...
I live in CH and here there is no rule about the power, i could have the A, but writing to yunneec in europe is impossible, they never reply ...

Thanks for your answer.

Tested one more time, cause I wasn't sure, If my "H" was already updated by V3.2.13 (27.7.2016) older than the
last logfiles form the copter made by yuneec.
So, made a new TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin with a renamed cgo3+gb_3.2.14_LC2_A_firmware_30214.bin

Same result, ST16 still shows Camera V3.2.13(E)
Smartphone still see the Camera

but, since the first update, the connecting time is much longer then before :mad:

LED red, green, red, green .............. whiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...... and again red,green,red ...
No SD-Card in the cam. wtf :(

Hello i Have modified the Patcher from Flux and it works great,
The Connection Time to the Camera is less then 30 seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig