Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

1.1 is the same as 1.10 in general software terms ...
Martins wrote "RS_V_1_10.update released on 1.09.2016"
That's 1.1 (or 1.10 for that matter)
And that's a release from 01.09.2016

yes should work as firmware for Realsense is a separate file .update extension, newest Realsense update is RS_V_1_10.update released on 1.09.2016 why the don't give it for ppl please ask CS :)

The Firmware 1.1 was not released on 01.09.2016

If there is a real 1.10 and not a 1.1 oder 1.10 that should be a 1.1 that would be nice ;)

1.10 certainly was released on 1.09: look here
http://download.yuneec.com/
<Contents>
<Key>Typhoon_H-realsense/RS_V_1_10.update</Key>
<LastModified>2016-09-01T08:06:59.000Z</LastModified>
<ETag>"9f47d72b243dcf334eac2ff560cf2742"</ETag>
<Size>4932328</Size>
<StorageClass>STANDARD</StorageClass>
</Contents>

Once again, in software terms, 1.1 is the same as 1.10 (or 1.100 or 1.1000 if you so want). A new version would be 1.1.1 or 1.10.1 or 1.11 and so on.
Unless of course Yuneec think differently, but then why does it say 1.10 on their own server on 1.09.

I know this info on their server but this is only the date they add the info, not a realsesdate

my copter was "born" 21th july 2016 and had already the 1.1 Firmware

It is normal that they put the 1.1 first on the birds in their factory and only a week or a few weeks later on the internet. That way they have an edge and can test it themselves. That's normal release procedure for most firmwares.

will this work with new firmware?

i just got a new camera back from yuneec UK and the number of disconnects today was alarming that my old camera didn't have.

I just got a reply from Yuneec, confirming that 1.1.0 (1.10) is the same as 1.1 that was delivered stock on most RS birds. There is no newer RS version.

How do Yuneec UK feel about you using the A version?

I start by saying I offer no sanction against you for this all computer devices can act different. I never got the flash screen offering me to restart the device it just stopped. I then switched it off it then booted up and connected but no quicker. I then shut down and since when I am unable to connect at all. I will keep trying to connect and then attempt to reflash your software again. Fortunately I only live 30 minutes from Yuneec UK and am sort of matey with one of the techs there .

anyone got a new file of the latest firmware to update the camera to the (A) version? (from the E version) please. thanks in advance.

first post and edit batch file :)
Sorry mate. Im not sure what you mean. I can build and set up drones but computer stuff is beyond me. I tried using 7zip to open the file. Changed the last number on the cg03+ file and repacked it. But it never worked. Lol. I have no idea about computer language and programming buddy. Lol. I thought someone may have already got the latest firmware and made it so We. The UK can change from E to A. Thanks.

''Richard'' ? will do for you :) wait few min
Thanks mate. Appreciate it a lot!!! I havent got a baldy when it comes to this computer software. Hehehe. Lol. Do you need my email address??? Thanks mate. As I am on the latest E firmware and wank the A as connection times are about 2 minutes and just rubbish. Cheers.

unpack and load as normal MEGA
Thanks matey. You didnt have to be so fast. Lol. Will getnit later as soon as I get home. Im at work right now and it wants me to download an app before I can download the file. I'll get it when I get home and try. So its an .rar file. Just unpack this and put the file onto sd card and update like normal? Thanks very much mate. Really appreciate it. Wish I knew how to do computer stuff. Lol. Life would be so much easier. Lol. I let you know how it goes as soon as I get home buddy. Thanks again.

I had the same problem like you with the original download ment for the 2.15 versions. I could not get the 2.21 E installed for the camera. But I just managed to generate a bin file that does exactly that (two bin files for both directions A to E and E to A).
The explanation by the originator "Fux" on the first page is brilliant and easy to understand:
After renaming the TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.bin to TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.zip and unpacking it, renaming the included files.zzz to files.zip and unpacking it, you just have to rename the included file "cgo3+gb_3.2.13_LC2_E_firmware_30213.bin" to "cgo3+gb_3.2.14_LC2_E_firmware_30214.bin". (That is the actual trick!) Remember to change both occurences of 3.2.13 to 3.2.14 in the filename (I forgot the first in the first try).
Generate a new MD5 checksum (free programs available on the net) from "files.zip" and paste this new checksum into the unpacked text file "FILE_MD5.txt" instead of the old existing checksum.
In the end you have to carefully re-zip the files (keep the original order, e.g. no extra folders), rename "files.zip" to "files.zzz" and "TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.zip" to "TyphoonH_Ver2.21_E.bin", put this file on the SD card, put it in the CGO3+, run the setup via the ST16, restart your YTH and you will see the camera version 3.2.13 (E) on your settings display.
You will notice the camera binding will take instead of about 30 sec for the A-version about 60 sec for the E-Version, but the camera will also be recognized again by the WLAN of your mobile device! This way the CGO app can be used again which I am planning to do with a pure Wizard + CGO app constellation...
Big thanks again to "Fux" for providing this possibility and his brilliant explanation (that even I was able to follow)!

I have tested with this explanation, Upgrade (E) to (A) succes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval