Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I´m not impressed with the Yuneec support

Reaction score
Hi
Just wanted to share my discontent with Yuneec support.
I have heard that Yuneed Support should bed OH SO WONDERFUL....but the few times I have contacted them, by writing to them...I didn´t get an answer.
Maybe it´s a Yuneec "Europe" problem, but frankly I don´t care....I´m a customer and are left with no reaction on my support requests, at all.
My last request is as follows (personal info removed)

Hello Yuneec support

My name is:
xxxxxxxx
Address:
xxxxxxxxx

I have a Typhoon H RS purchased last year (still under guarantee).
I´m not able at this precise time to locate my invoice, but maybe you can find my drone in your system, using my contact info. ?? (Comment: I locatede it shortly after this and mailed it)

I´m having some issues with it.
These issues are intermittant but the fault accurance is consistant and I think they´re heat related.

1.) When booting the Typhoon from cold, sometimes the drone makes a 2 tone warning sound (high-low sound) and multiple (MANY) fault sounds when calibrating the camera, the calibration continues, and suddently the sounds stop.

2.) Mostly my realsense module is activated the first time I boot in the beginning of a new flying session (the systems are cold), but when I change the battery, the Realsense module is NOT detected anymore (and no powercycle of entire system helps) and I get a warning on my ST16 ("Realsense module is not detected, please reboot aircraft if installed").....this fault is consistant and I think it´s a heat issue or a bad connection when the Typhoon is warmed up.....I heard a fan "screaming" at a point, but this has not occured since.

3.) I seem not always to be able to control Yaw movement, it may be a 'sticky' yaw stick issue, but seen in the light of the other issues, I´m worried.

I personally think and would feel most safe, if Yuneec could take the aircraft in for a full service inspection and problem solving.

Please advice me either via Mail: xxxxxxxxxor call me at my cell: +xxxxxxxxxx

I have taken some video I can provide, so you can see/hear the different issues, if you´re interested.

I´m sceduled to take a professional drone certification course her in Denmark, in the end of this month, and would like to see the issues resolved at this point, can you help?

Best regards
xxxxxxxxx

Now 8 days after....no answer, and no indication they have recieved the mail.....or care to contact me.
I think my next drone will be a DJI

Reactions: dklari
Have you checked the sticks very carefully in Hardware Monitor?
When you did the camera calibration did it finish as expected?

Yes, I have reset the sticks, and calibrationsvfinishes normally.
The problem is a variety of strange faults, beeping, missing RS module, landingear that will not go up...and,and, and.....
I feel pretty sure its a mainboard heating problem, and i still have guarantee.....so i would like Yuneec to adress the issues

Email is not a good way to contact Yuneec. You should either phone or use the live chat on their website.

My first attempts to use Customer Support were through email to the US site. After 18 days without a response I called. The easiest is using the live chat. Phone and live chat are only during regular business hours.

You can go to www.yuneec.com and at the bottom of the home page select your country/language. Then go to Support and select to submit a ticket to contact support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morten
Hi
That is also my experience.....but why have a support mail, and not answering it ??
That's annoying for us....the customers.

I have not time to spend during my workday to call yuneec, but they should have time to adress my requests......or i will choose another company, for my next drone purchase

Hi
That is also my experience.....but why have a support mail, and not answering it ??
That's annoying for us....the customers.

I have not time to spend during my workday to call yuneec, but they should have time to adress my requests......or i will choose another company, for my next drone purchase

Your best bet from what I could glean from the international site is to select your country/language and submit a support ticket.

I agree that answering emails makes sense, but they just do not answer them in a timely manner.

@Morten So.... did you ever register your TH with Yuneec???

You need an invoice to register with Yuneec. If you'd done that when you purchased the T H then Yuneec is usually more responsive.

If you're asking for service without having registered it then its going to be a long haul for you.

What authorized dealer did you buy it from? They can often provide an invoice if you've lost yours. Perhaps you used a credit card and you can go back to your credit card provider for confirmation on your purchase.

Yuneec responds to phone calls. The chat thing is new to me. They do not and never have responded to unsolicited e-mails.

Deal with them on those terms or find another company. It’s that simple.

Hi PatR
"unsolicited e-mails".....what do you mean...is this a "company" or do you think they´re doing "favours"?
The website clearly states:

"Please feel free to contact us by e-mail:

For UK: [email protected]
For rest of Europe: [email protected] "

If they prefer other communication methods, they must state that these are preferrable.

You actually say "Accept or piss off", i hope not that you´re working for Yuneec...I´ll check that, but I WILL "piss off".

Last edited:
@Morten So.... did you ever register your TH with Yuneec???

You need an invoice to register with Yuneec. If you'd done that when you purchased the T H then Yuneec is usually more responsive.

If you're asking for service without having registered it then its going to be a long haul for you.

What authorized dealer did you buy it from? They can often provide an invoice if you've lost yours. Perhaps you used a credit card and you can go back to your credit card provider for confirmation on your purchase.
Hi
I found it right after my email and send it....but no response ;-)

Hi
I found it right after my email and send it....but no response ;-)

Hello, Morten

I’m glad you found the receipt.

You can register your TH on the US.Yuneec website. Just scan your receipt and attach it to the registration process.

Hope this helps.

Hello, Morten

I’m glad you found the receipt.

You can register your TH on the US.Yuneec website. Just scan your receipt and attach it to the registration process.

Hope this helps.

He is in Europe. Danmark. As stated in his mails and his profile and avatar.

The globe is quite a lot larger then just the USA.

;)

A couple things... the landing gear problem is typically its own problem and not related to the others. I’d check to make sure the little motor control board inside rear is grounded properly at the mount screw.
Do you restart after camera calibration? While it’s not stated anywhere, it’s necessary. The camera never ends up straight when done which could be you thinking it interrupted or stopped.

The yaw problem is well documented and easily dealt with. You also admit issues with temperature problems which one could expect if they are extreme.

I’m not sure what you think Yuneec will do that’s going to fix your problems because nothing you’ve described is outside of the typical quirks one learns owning this product.

Lastly, have you hooked it up via the app and your laptop to check everything? Is your firmware up to date? Have you ever removed or checked anything like the RS module? And no I’m not a Yuneec representative but figured out that I’m better off doing my own problem solving then waiting on them. That’s the advantage of coming here. Be patient and try a few things we suggest and maybe just maybe you won’t need Yuneec involved.

Reactions: biltno
i hope not that you´re working for Yuneec...I´ll check that, but I WILL "piss off".

Not affiliated with any manufacturers in any way. Just someone with a lot of experience that likes to help people help themselves from a perspective of reality. Those believing they can solve minor issues by throwing tantrums don’t get far with me.

The yaw problem is well documented and easily dealt with. You also admit issues with temperature problems which one could expect if they are extreme.

I’m not sure what you think Yuneec will do that’s going to fix your problems because nothing you’ve described is outside of the typical quirks one learns owning this product.

This is news to me, as well as a similar occur ancestors for me. where would I find the solution to the sticky yaw issue?

I’d start with the hardware monitor in the ST16. If that confirms the behavior then you have a couple of paths to follow.

- using a proper contact cleaner to remove the oxidation on the pot for the stick
- hardware calibration through the “secret menu” - do this one last if all else fails.

Key word search here. It’s been covered in depth. It’s dirt or oxidation. I’ve got an ST16 that does this currently that did not before. For whatever reason, the left stick seems more subject to this then the right. Did you try the gimbal calibration and restart?

To expand on your mention of the left stick, with emphasis on the yaw axis, the same condition is applicable to the much earlier Chroma, Q-500, and Typhoon 4K ST-10 transmitters. Cleaning the gimbal pots rectifies the problem with them as well. The issue is not a new one that only impacts the ST-16 but one that affects all Yuneec transmitters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval