Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I am Finished with Yuneec Products!

J

JTorsrud

Figured I'd go out and fly this morning. So, I got the H out, recharged the batteries and transmitter. Calibrated the machine as always. Went outside to fly for awhile. Everything was going fine. Did a couple of short easy maneuvers at about 75 feet. Recording video was working good. Retracts were up. Decided to bring it home and land. Got down to about 10 ft or so off the ground and all of a sudden the H ATTACKED ME! I mean came right directly at me. Seems as though it locked on the transmitter and started moving closer and closer. Fortuanately, I had the landing gear down and had to GRAB it and hold it. The motor were spinning at High Speed as though they were trying to Climb out. I was able to hold the aircraft and push the RED Button. Fortunately the motors stopped.

I have never had this happen with the H before. NO IDEA what could have caused this?

So, I'm finished with Typhoon products and my Typhoon H. IT IS NOW FOR SALE! MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER and IT'S YOURS. This is the basic H, No obstacle avoidance. 4 batteries.

All replies are appreciated.

Thanks,

JT

Figured I'd go out and fly this morning. So, I got the H out, recharged the batteries and transmitter. Calibrated the machine as always. Went outside to fly for awhile. Everything was going fine. Did a couple of short easy maneuvers at about 75 feet. Recording video was working good. Retracts were up. Decided to bring it home and land. Got down to about 10 ft or so off the ground and all of a sudden the H ATTACKED ME! I mean came right directly at me. Seems as though it locked on the transmitter and started moving closer and closer. Fortuanately, I had the landing gear down and had to GRAB it and hold it. The motor were spinning at High Speed as though they were trying to Climb out. I was able to hold the aircraft and push the RED Button. Fortunately the motors stopped.

I have never had this happen with the H before. NO IDEA what could have caused this?

So, I'm finished with Typhoon products and my Typhoon H. IT IS NOW FOR SALE! MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER and IT'S YOURS. This is the basic H, No obstacle avoidance. 4 batteries.

Thanks,

JT
Ok, I assume you had 100% sats lock (no take off within 14minutes) and no fault what so ever caused from your side. Then buy a drone that for ever and ever will fly without problem, good luck!
Pls tell us what brand you choosed.

Reactions: bobbyrichter

Thanks,

JT
Strange behavior. I guess a few of us would love to see your telemetry.

Ok, I assume you had 100% sats lock (no take off within 14minutes) and no fault what so ever caused from your side. Then buy a drone that for ever and ever will fly without problem, good luck!
Pls tell us what brand you choosed.

I love sarcasm! I have already CHOOSED (LOL) to stay with my DJI Machines and My Autel X-Star. All excellent machines!

Reactions: SkyDoctor
I love sarcasm! I have already CHOOSED (LOL) to stay with my DJI Machines and My Autel X-Star. All excellent machines!
To be fair to Photo, I don't think Photo is a native English speaker, so what he said may not have come across as he intended. Please correct me if I'm wrong Photo.

Reactions: Rayray
$10 US dollars. Also Flush mentioned send the Telemetry. Folks on here can assess what had happened and maybe change your mind. Remember things happen and sometimes it's not pretty.

Last edited:
I'll throw you $200...[emoji16]... Based on the fact you don't want it, and I'm a poor struggling volunteer here in your awesome country (from Australia).. $200 takes me 4 mnths to save... If you want, im more than happy to take it off your hands too, just to help you out mate!!! (yes, that WAS slight sarcasm!!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23])

Thanks,

JT

Did you accidentally knock it into “Return to Home”?

Was it really coming for you, or was it a slight GPS drift? As stable as these things are in the air, sometimes they do move a bit as we're not dealing with super high end (super $$$$) GPS units. As for the motors revving up, that happens when you hand catch and don't hold it at the same altitude.

I'll throw you $200

Man you really jumped up the bidding here, you should have gone to $20

Pls JTorsrud send the telemetry to someone here who can tell us what went wrong.. Still we don't know if you had sufficient sats lock and your GPS calibrated.

No, I didn't accidently knock it into RTH mode. It was in GPS Lock mode and I was about to land It really came right at me. I quickly moved out of the way and it appeared to want to go to my transmitter. Not sure what caused this, this has never happened before. Fortunately, I was able to grab the H by the landing gear, without getting hit by the props. I WAS LUCKY! I'm gonna fly it again this morning and see if anything similar happens. I will keep a good distance this time!

It is still 4 Sale. Unfortunately the $200 won't cut it.

If someone wants to tell how to access my Telemetry data, I will be glad to post it here!

Downloaded CSV files from my ST16. Cannot upload to this site for some reason. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

After the .csv add .txt to the file extension then upload.

The H does not have a GPS Lock mode. It has Smart, Angle, and RTH. What position was the switch in, high, middle, or bottom?

No, I didn't accidently knock it into RTH mode. It was in GPS Lock mode and I was about to land It really came right at me. I quickly moved out of the way and it appeared to want to go to my transmitter. Not sure what caused this, this has never happened before. Fortunately, I was able to grab the H by the landing gear, without getting hit by the props. I WAS LUCKY! I'm gonna fly it again this morning and see if anything similar happens. I will keep a good distance this time!

It is still 4 Sale. Unfortunately the $200 won't cut it.

$210.00!!!

Telemetry Files: By the way the switch was up in Smart Mode!

Attachments

• Telemetry_00104.txt
    145.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Telemetry_00105.txt
    648.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Telemetry_00106.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
If you're in smart mode and its 10 feet away that's when stuff goes bad. It shouldn't let you get closer than 26 feet.
Well, I didn't have a tape measure, but that is possible I guess. I have landed this way before and never had this problem. I thought there was a 26 ft. safety net on the H. It didn't work this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin