Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I guess I will have to live with it

Reaction score
I recently had a crash with my Typhoon h.
I replaced all the broken parts props top shell bottom shell.

Recalibrated everything.
Charged up all my batteries.
I took it out in the backyard for a test flight and everything went well.
At about 10 to 15 ft it didn't want to descend anymore no big deal this is happened before I took it up brought it back down it finally came down and landed fine. That words with the OEM battery.
I then went in and got my
GiFi 8050. - - Flew it around a little bit brought it down to land at 14.7 volts.
Now it starts toilet bowling on me I struggle to get it under control to land it which I did.

When I landed it I did get a little tip over which didn't hurt the props because it was in the grass little dirt no big deal.

I just don't understand why it started the toilet bowl.
I guess we will never know these things do have glitches.
Man that torques me off.
Keith Kuhn

Keith. Same thing happened to me last week ,as I mentioned in another thread. I am sure it was 2 motion detectors I have set up for deer. Also I looked back and the kp,kv index whatever said not to fly. I will try again soon. I notice today,also tomorrow says not good to fly. Keith C. Also I think I accidently had it in Turtle!

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Keith. Same thing happened to me last week ,as I mentioned in another thread. I am sure it was 2 motion detectors I have set up for deer. Also I looked back and the kp,kv index whatever said not to fly. I will try again soon. I notice today,also tomorrow says not good to fly. Keith C. Also I think I accidently had it in Turtle!

I just think the H is always going to have some glitch or something that we have to deal with.
I fly in my backyard all the time first battery not give me a problem the second battery I'm not saying it was the battery my second flight gave me the toilet bowling so who knows

The GiFi battery has been reported in other posts as being a bit noisy electrically. Are you sure you reapplied the shielding that protects the GPS/Compass board in the upper shell properly, so the only gap is where the wires exit. Also insure that the wires are twisted to help lessen EMI from the Mainboard electronics and battery.

The GiFi battery has been reported in other posts as being a bit noisy electrically. Are you sure you reapplied the shielding that protects the GPS/Compass board in the upper shell properly, so the only gap is where the wires exit. Also insure that the wires are twisted to help lessen EMI from the Mainboard electronics and battery.

Hello
I am 99% sure I put the shield which was brand new back correctly.
Just last night I did another accelerometer calibration.

I'm going to continue to monitor the situation to see how it goes.

It just seemed strange why it did not toilet bowl with the OEM
Battery - - but it did with
the GiFi.

Before my crash on the other top-shell I had the tower on it for the GPS the new shell i did not put the Tower back on.

I just did not feel like drilling a hole in the brand new shell yet.
Keith Kuhn

Keith,

Have you ever tried flying the gifi battery first, then your oem, during one of your sessions?

If not, you may want to try reversing the order. Might tell you if it is truly a battery issue (gifi noisy) or if it might be a component heat issue.

Good luck!

Jeff

Last edited:
Keith,

Have you ever tried flying the gifi battery first, then your oem, during one of your sessions?

If not, you may want to try reversing the order. Might tell you if it is truly a battery issue (gifi noisy) or if it might be a component heat issue.

Good luck!

Jeff

I'm going to give that a shot thank you I may even do that today?
Keith K

My experience with serious toilet bowl was late in the flight, when everything was quite warm. Almost lost the drone trying to land. I had the flight controller replaced (under warranty from an ebay vendor) and that fixed the problem. If swapping your battery run order confirms that it's not a battery problem, you should consider having the flight controller replaced. I believe others have had this issue and solution.

My experience with serious toilet bowl was late in the flight, when everything was quite warm. Almost lost the drone trying to land. I had the flight controller replaced (under warranty from an ebay vendor) and that fixed the problem. If swapping your battery run order confirms that it's not a battery problem, you should consider having the flight controller replaced. I believe others have had this issue and solution.

Thanks I will keep my eye on the situation take care.
Keith Kuhn

Thanks I will keep my eye on the situation take care.
Keith Kuhn

Hello again
I did a test flight today but only with the O E M battery.

No problems as far as toilet bowling.
Perhaps tomorrow I will do another test with the GiFi battery..
Keith Kuhn

Hello again
I did a test flight today but only with the O E M battery.

No problems as far as toilet bowling.
Perhaps tomorrow I will do another test with the GiFi battery..
Keith Kuhn

But Keith,

The idea is to run two batteries, using your GiFi battery first, in the same session. We are looking to isolate whether your issue is with the GiFi battery or if it is actually a heat issue. If the unwanted flight characteristics occur with your second flight, regardless if GiFi or OEM battery used for the second flight, then you are likely experiencing a heat issue.

If the bad flight happens on your first flight of the day, using the GiFi battery, then the GiFi would be suspect, as you have already stated you see no issues when the OEM battery is the first one used.

Flying one battery per day will not be a good test, unless that first battery is the GiFi one, and it fails!

Jeff

But Keith,

The idea is to run two batteries, using your GiFi battery first, in the same session. We are looking to isolate whether your issue is with the GiFi battery or if it is actually a heat issue. If the unwanted flight characteristics occur with your second flight, regardless if GiFi or OEM battery used for the second flight, then you are likely experiencing a heat issue.

If the bad flight happens on your first flight of the day, using the GiFi battery, then the GiFi would be suspect, as you have already stated you see no issues when the OEM battery is the first one used.

Flying one battery per day will not be a good test, unless that first battery is the GiFi one, and it fails!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff I'll work on this.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval