Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I hope H+ updates address these issues

Reaction score
1. Filing system has got to be improved. With every battery comes another folder and the numbers start at the beginning again. This is primitive and wastes time, at least number them consecutively
and allow us to reset the numbers when we want to.

2. Allow for just DNG photos to be taken instead of Jpeg with DNG. Once again this is a clutter issue and shows whoever is heading up software writing should consider professionals needs and the volume of material they need to process sometimes on deadline.

3. I'm glad we no longer have to change settings each time we launch. Those are locked most of the time but I've found sometimes the settings are either changing by themselves or do not change when the using makes another setting.

4. Do we really needed to be reminded to check for updated software every time we start the motors? How about every 3 or 4 times?

5. In general the UI is vastly improved but some of the icons for the various groups are non sensical..not a big deal but wish they were more intuitive.

6. QC the protective UV filter, mine was cracked upon arrival.

7. Please provide touch pad flying ASAP this is something which separates it from the competition along with the fantastic 360 degree gimbal. I shot some stuff the other day with it that will blow the clients mind...the flying is so smooth and the gimbal doing pans at least a couple hundred feet in the air was silky smooth.

8. Thanks for all the great improvements but like all the photography and video I shoot things can always be made better.

9. One last thing, which has only happened once I was unable to switch between video and photo and I could not initiate video shooting...this has only happened once but was quite troubling as it ended my shooting day long before I wanted to.

Great list - I agree with all. I would add;

10. Give us the opportunity to turn all of the lights off, not just the two front ones

11. Given that the gimbal lock is smaller and even less noticeable, make it out of a bright color such as orange, yellow, or red.

12. For the love of Pete - fix the dang manual! I mean really?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
1. Filing system has got to be improved. With every battery comes another folder and the numbers start at the beginning again. This is primitive and wastes time, at least number them consecutively
and allow us to reset the numbers when we want to.

2. Allow for just DNG photos to be taken instead of Jpeg with DNG. Once again this is a clutter issue and shows whoever is heading up software writing should consider professionals needs and the volume of material they need to process sometimes on deadline.

3. I'm glad we no longer have to change settings each time we launch. Those are locked most of the time but I've found sometimes the settings are either changing by themselves or do not change when the using makes another setting.

4. Do we really needed to be reminded to check for updated software every time we start the motors? How about every 3 or 4 times?

5. In general the UI is vastly improved but some of the icons for the various groups are non sensical..not a big deal but wish they were more intuitive.

6. QC the protective UV filter, mine was cracked upon arrival.

7. Please provide touch pad flying ASAP this is something which separates it from the competition along with the fantastic 360 degree gimbal. I shot some stuff the other day with it that will blow the clients mind...the flying is so smooth and the gimbal doing pans at least a couple hundred feet in the air was silky smooth.

8. Thanks for all the great improvements but like all the photography and video I shoot things can always be made better.

9. One last thing, which has only happened once I was unable to switch between video and photo and I could not initiate video shooting...this has only happened once but was quite troubling as it ended my shooting day long before I wanted to.
Regarding #9 (unable to switch between video and photo). I may have had a similar situation yesterday - I was trying to modify setting in the two modes and was unable to switch. I had to unbind, rebind the camera before the problem disappeared.

Great list - I agree with all. I would add;

10. Give us the opportunity to turn all of the lights off, not just the two front ones

11. Given that the gimbal lock is smaller and even less noticeable, make it out of a bright color such as orange, yellow, or red.

12. For the love of Pete - fix the dang manual! I mean really?
Why would one want to fly with the front two lights ON? Seems like that is just asking for glare in the camera...

Why would anyone want to fly with any boom lights at all in sun light? At 500’ you can’t see them.

Regarding #9 (unable to switch between video and photo). I may have had a similar situation yesterday - I was trying to modify setting in the two modes and was unable to switch. I had to unbind, rebind the camera before the problem disappeared.
Same here

The other day I also had a glitch - could not start video recording. Landed, turned the aircraft off and then on again and it was back.

The other day I also had a glitch - could not start video recording. Landed, turned the aircraft off and then on again and it was back.
Although I don't have an H+, I have had this happen with my H a few times...what I do now is take a pic once everything has booted up, just before flight, to make sure the camera is working, and haven't had a problem since...maybe just coincidence

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I can only wish that was the worst that could happen. Did a shoot with the 920 a month ago and the camera would repeatedly disengage the SD card for no apparent reason. Completely ruined the shoot.

I forgot to mention. Virtually every time I fly, I get "Warning Magnetic Interference"
this despite everything properly calibrated and I'm flying in the middle of no where in Iceland. Perhaps it does not like the fact I'm so far north...there is nothing out here but ice and rock. Nothing about how it actually flies indicates it has magnetic interference issues.

Last edited:
I found in time the loss of some video and / or photo settings, even without disconnecting the battery.
In particular, I take the photos in 16: 9 and I find the setting in 3: 2. In video, I film in UHD 50p and often I find on ignition setting in 60p.
The other parameters do not change.
Regarding wifi disturbances, I have the alert message only near my box or router, never outside
There must be UFOs in iceland :D

14 allow for flights over 400 foot AGL for commercial 107 pilots
15 allow for adjustments for obit ,and other modes up to atleast 1200 ft
16 if not able to do now shut down motor after landing the h plus by holding the throttle all the way down like the h520
17 auto engine shut off when idle while the aircraft remains on the ground for 15 sec on intial engine start. like the h520
18 the aircraft will constantly be able land right where it took off from when return to home is activated. and not random spot along a 16 feet diameter of the controller.

Last edited:
You can unlock the height allowing up to 1640 feet AGL right from the controller so - 14 is there already. 16 - (I think I did this once) and 17 - for sure it does auto turn off idle after 15 seconds.

Reactions: Barton
Is anyone compiling a list and actually sending to the correct Yuneec representatives?

Listing the wants and need in this forum is great, but does nothing if the feedback goes no further.

Perhaps another dedicated thread titled something like “Master list of needs and wants” can be created, and a moderator/admin could compile and forward to Yuneec. I know there are a few members here who seem to have a pipeline in place.

A thought, anyway.

[emoji41]

Jeff

Would be great to be able to change manual camera setting with the two 4-way buttons next to the camera and video shutter.
Correct me if I'm wrong but right now they don't seem to have a function at all?

Is anyone compiling a list and actually sending to the correct Yuneec representatives?

Listing the wants and need in this forum is great, but does nothing if the feedback goes no further.

Perhaps another dedicated thread titled something like “Master list of needs and wants” can be created, and a moderator/admin could compile and forward to Yuneec. I know there are a few members here who seem to have a pipeline in place.

A thought, anyway.

[emoji41]

Jeff

Best way I know of to have Yuneec see suggestions is to put them up on Yuneec’s Facebook page. It’s the only place I’ve seen where they respond to inquiries outside of customer service direct. Contacting CS with suggestions is pretty much futile as we don’t know if they are permitted to pass on suggestions, while each CS rep may have different thoughts on what they should or should not pass to management. Their dealers have direct communications with Yuneec management but trying to leverage the dealers into carrying our water is at best difficult and risks alienating the dealer. I’ve done this just once and really pissed off the dealer.

I forgot to mention. Virtually every time I fly, I get "Warning Magnetic Interference"
this despite everything properly calibrated and I'm flying in the middle of no where in Iceland. Perhaps it does not like the fact I'm so far north...there is nothing out here but ice and rock. Nothing about how it actually flies indicates it has magnetic interference issues.
Hey Mickey...what's in the rock?...last summer I did some flying over a rather large open pit mine(currently shut down) and after 2 batteries acting rather strangely,left the area to find a different place to video...on the way out I happened to pass an information sign that said the mine had previously produced magnetite...this was with a Q500+ and I haven't had a problem since...maybe similar ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers