Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I just can't get enough yuneec

JamesHHplusMantisQ

No cow bell! MORE COLOUR!!
Reaction score
Hi I'm James . I'm 43 I live in thePacific northwest. My father is a real estate broker and between the scenery out here and the need for video logs to advertise real estate I believe I have found myself a little niche So after my recent purchase of the typhoon h plus I was prompted to go even further and buy a typhoon h with an additional CGO-ET camera and a mantis Q for the smaller stuff.

Reactions: Sully53 and KellyR
Welcome. I just got my Typhoon H a couple of weeks ago, love it as well, & am in the PNW too. There's definitely no shortage of beautiful places to shoot here.

Reactions: JamesHHplusMantisQ
Hi I'm James . I'm 43 I live in thePacific northwest. My father is a real estate broker and between the scenery out here and the need for video logs to advertise real estate I believe I have found myself a little niche So after my recent purchase of the typhoon h plus I was prompted to go even further and buy a typhoon h with an additional CGO-ET camera and a mantis Q for the smaller stuff.
You are addicted! ?

can't wait for winter
Welcome. I just got my Typhoon H a couple of weeks ago, love it as well, & am in the PNW too. There's definitely no shortage of beautiful places to shoot here.

Reactions: Docdor and KellyR
I'm sure someone will ask. Do you Have Part 107 since your doing real estate promoting?
FAA drone registration and Part 107 are clear contradictions of the prohibition against new rules concerning model aircraft laid out in the 2012 Modernization Act.
All I will say is that I pay my taxes I have insurance and I am a legal small business owner. My business did not pay for the drones. They are my "personal" UAV's.
If a fella were to use his "personal" drone to promote his business of another nature he would not need a part 107. Yet This fella is still using a drone to make $$. However this action is considered personal use or even recreational.
So, on goes the argument. Which will be decided upon shortly in the halls of "Justice". I am a subscriber to FAA newsletter and I have a very clear understanding of their rules.

FAA drone registration and Part 107 are clear contradictions of the prohibition against new rules concerning model aircraft laid out in the 2012 Modernization Act.
All I will say is that I pay my taxes I have insurance and I am a legal small business owner. My business did not pay for the drones. They are my "personal" UAV's.
If a fella were to use his "personal" drone to promote his business of another nature he would not need a part 107. Yet This fella is still using a drone to make $$. However this action is considered personal use or even recreational.
So, on goes the argument. Which will be decided upon shortly in the halls of "Justice". I am a subscriber to FAA newsletter and I have a very clear understanding of their rules.
Hmmm. Please be aware that I live in the U.K. so my 'expertise' in laws regarding drone work is based on U.K. law.

That said, I recon I have a fairly good understanding of the U.S.A. laws, though I do stand to be corrected on what I'm about to say...

Work involving drones to promote a business is considered to be commercial in nature, so someone carrying out such work in the U.S. demands that the person holds a Part 107. (A rough equivalent to this in the U.K. is what's known as a PfCO [Permission for Commercial Operations]). My understanding is that it doesn't matter who owns that drone: If the remote pilot of that drone is using it in a commercial way...to promote that person's business...even though the business doesn't own the drone, then it is still a commercial operation that requires the pilot to hold a part 107.

Like I said. I'm in the U.K. Maybe someone who is better qualified in U.S. laws than me can chip in?

Hi I'm James . I'm 43 I live in thePacific northwest. My father is a real estate broker and between the scenery out here and the need for video logs to advertise real estate I believe I have found myself a little niche

You need a part 107

“Furtherance Of Business”

The FAA has release new regulations (This forum is updated with threads concerning the FAA)

The certification is for the pilot. Doesn’t matter what drone (aside from size limitations) or who owns said drone.

The pilot is the one performing a “job”. The UAS is just the tool being used.

However, this does bring up the issue of UAS registration. If someone else’s drone, registered as recreational under a blanket registration (by the owner), is desired to be used in a commercial capacity by a Part 107 pilot, does the UAS have to be re-registered, on its own, to obtain a commercial registration number, in order to operate legally in this commercial endeavor?

A question best answered prior to flight.

Jeff

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Here's my answer, if it's a one time event, I would log it as why I needed or took this action...............

There has been a massive amount of legislation regarding 'model aircraft' and sUAV operation in the seven years since the Modernization Act.

Considered? By who? By you, maybe but certainly not the FAA, they have made it clear what is, and is not considered; commercial use. And as mentioned above the definition of commercial work is very simple; any use of any UAV (drone or model airplane) in furtherance of any business, is considered 'Commercial Use' and requires the PIC to hold a current 107. If you don't believe me call your local FSDO and explain to them your use of a 'personal drone' in your business and see what they say.

I am not trying to get on to you or be argumentative but these statements are incorrect and I just wanted to set the record straight. As a 40 year RC and UAV pilot, I too have watched the onslaught of legislation in the last 5 to 10 years and don't like what I am seeing but the fact is, now that anyone can get into the air with little or no skill the FAA has tightened up on both the RC and UAV world and the legal and operational boundaries that existed previously; are being erased and overwritten.

I'm sorry but subscribing to the FAA newsletter is not nearly enough to have a clear overview of the rules framework for commercial and/or recreational operation.

The certification is for the pilot. Doesn’t matter what drone (aside from size limitations) or who owns said drone.

The pilot is the one performing a “job”. The UAS is just the tool being used.

However, this does bring up the issue of UAS registration. If someone else’s drone, registered as recreational under a blanket registration (by the owner), is desired to be used in a commercial capacity by a Part 107 pilot, does the UAS have to be re-registered, on its own, to obtain a commercial registration number, in order to operate legally in this commercial endeavor?

A question best answered prior to flight.

Jeff
Part 107 is exactly what I was talking about. It's a clear violation of said Act. 107 is for the pilot. All it is is Uncle Sam digging into our pockets. My ten-year-old daughter could get a 107. She has never flown a drone before in her life. There are a few simple guidelines that need to be understood that is all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis