Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need advice or assistance if the right person reads this... regarding my Mantis Q! Please help!

@bgill14, how long have you had your Part 107 ticket and what other sUAS’s are you using in your business?

It is unusual to have only one craft when your business relies on it to conduct business.

What were the circumstances leading to the loss of the Mantis Q?
I do realestate just starting out and plus 1 is enough plus its not suopose to have a hatdware failure and decide to land its self . dont have much money so it took all my savings to invest. Had the worm lined up but now im slowly losing is bc of a product that dont need to be in Stores yet

That still doesn’t answer my question about the Part 107 ticket. Without it you should not be running a business, get caught and the fines are a lot more than the $500 Mantis Q.

"yuneec_2018_10_15_01_15_3.log" contains 37 Unknown MAV_CMD messages with ID 7051. Same as most of the files before. No GPS data inside.

Real FlyLog files should be much larger between 1MB and 3MB or even more.

br HE

@bgill14, how long have you had your Part 107 ticket and what other sUAS’s are you using in your business?

It is unusual to have only one craft when your business relies on it to conduct business.

What were the circumstances leading to the loss of the Mantis Q?
the ticket for my case with yuneec support has been 7 days , i just got started after i lined up a ton of work in the real estate business. 1 Drone is all a man needs . Its very clear that yuneec put out a drone before all issues was worked out. They admitted by saying that they could not open files because they are encrypted and they have to be sent off to HQ. thats even before i sent my files to them

"yuneec_2018_10_15_01_15_3.log" contains 37 Unknown MAV_CMD messages with ID 7051. Same as most of the files before. No GPS data inside.

br HE
that file came straight from my flightlog . What else can i do or look for ? i see some cache files. do i need to save it to a specifc folder? you said directory which im just saving them in a desktop folder then compressing

What Yuneec CS is saying is that the telemetry files for the Mantis Q have to be analyzed at headquarters because the company has not released all the software tools yet.

You still fail to explain the situation that led to the loss of your Mantis Q. You also have no idea what a Part 107 ticket is, and therefore are most likely operating a drone for business illegally. You have been told several times that the files needed are in the Flylog folder not flightlog, and will start with the word Sensor not Yuneec.

Anymore trashing of Yuneec when you cannot follow a simple procedure will not be tolerated. With your incessant posting on this matter, I think you can understand why I refused giving you my email address when you requested it in a PM. Speaking of which, please unfollow me and post to the forum no more PM’s please.

Thats you assuming to be honest it doesnt matter what im doing it was a malfunction . plus i wasnt working i was merely flying for fun . All ive asked for is the cords for over a week ago . ive been faa cert for a year. Just need the mantis cords is what i need and its been 7 days . they even said it would be 24 hrs . anything else moderator?

Now you wanna see proof mr moderator ?

What Yuneec CS is saying is that the telemetry files for the Mantis Q have to be analyzed at headquarters because the company has not released all the software tools yet.

You still fail to explain the situation that led to the loss of your Mantis Q. You also have no idea what a Part 107 ticket is, and therefore are most likely operating a drone for business illegally. You have been told several times that the files needed are in the Flylog folder not flightlog, and will start with the word Sensor not Yuneec.

Anymore trashing of Yuneec when you cannot follow a simple procedure will not be tolerated. With your incessant posting on this matter, I think you can understand why I refused giving you my email address when you requested it in a PM. Speaking of which, please unfollow me and post to the forum no more PM’s please.
You are assuming and that is not acceptable . plus its nothing illegal to what im doing . you sir are wrong . you made assumptions that are not true . especially from a moderator

The only files i have start with yuneec . why would i maie that up?? I want to find my drone thats it and support has really has been bad about going about it . fyi assuming can get you in deep water .

The only files i have start with yuneec . why would i maie that up?? I want to find my drone thats it and support has really has been bad about going about it . fyi assuming can get you in deep water .

Doom meister im glad you diagnosed my drone for me with the malfunction of the controller. Also i never bad mouthed yuneec i said what they are doing with my case is terrible customer service. I called twice and both times no call back and no emails on a update. I didnt want my money back i wsnt my drone. So its vert frustrating when the cords are usually so easy and now they cant even produce them. Anybody in my spot would be the same way.

See heres the problem. I havent anything from them on anything . Now i have you assuming i did something wrong . not sure where they are finding the help / moderator but its rude. I asked you for youre email so i could send you the files i didnt realize you was just one of those guys that troll the threads in h-elsner wake.

@bgill14,

YuneecPilots is not affiliated with Yuneec the company so I am not a Yuneec employee. We are a group of owners/pilots of Yuneec aircraft and we attempt to help each other. I volunteer my time on here and usually do not get irritated.

You have posted in this thread and PM’ed me several times over the last 24 hours. @h-elsner has tried helping you and we have gotten nowhere with getting the information we need from you to give you the information you want. If we get garbage files from you, we can not give you good data in return.

The only reason I feel you are not running a legitimate business is because the term “Part 107 ticket” has not registered in your responses. If you don’t know what it is , you are not certified.

There is no such thing as a Mantis Q cord for knowing what the craft was doing while airborne. There are Sensor files that contain the telemetry the Mantis Q was sending back to your Android device. They should be found in a folder labeled Flylog on your Android device. If you can locate that and upload the proper files we will try to give you the help you want. Short of that, deal with Yuneec Customer Support as they are the ones that owe you service.

Think of me what you will, but anymore trashing of my position as a moderator will result in a vacation from this forum.

that file came straight from my flightlog . What else can i do or look for ? i see some cache files. do i need to save it to a specifc folder? you said directory which im just saving them in a desktop folder then compressing

DM you are missing the whole reason i am here. nothing to do with a business what so ever . I was out flying on a sunday 14th and had some things go wrong. not sure it happened pretty fast . All i want is to find it and those flightlogs are all i have. i have my receipt for pof i have a model number i have it all bro. i just want to find it . The only reason im really even more upset because they havent returned my called when i wait in line or even email me . i waited on hold 3 times this morning for the time they said and they never answered or even called me back . You have to realize that and im sure you would the same way . im doing all i can to provide all i have and then you come at me rudely and assuming things that is the worst thing you can do in this business. its been 7 days and im being done wrong . Somebody has to answer for this and step up and make it right. . The mantis should have not been put in stores if this was a known issue . im having to suffer for it ! You even said it yourself if was a controller malfunction . I really dont know but regardless i just want it back . thats all

DM you are missing the whole reason i am here. nothing to do with a business what so ever . I was out flying on a sunday 14th and had some things go wrong. not sure it happened pretty fast . All i want is to find it and those flightlogs are all i have. i have my receipt for pof i have a model number i have it all bro. i just want to find it . The only reason im really even more upset because they havent returned my called when i wait in line or even email me . i waited on hold 3 times this morning for the time they said and they never answered or even called me back . You have to realize that and im sure you would the same way . im doing all i can to provide all i have and then you come at me rudely and assuming things that is the worst thing you can do in this business. its been 7 days and im being done wrong . Somebody has to answer for this and step up and make it right. . The mantis should have not been put in stores if this was a known issue . im having to suffer for it ! You even said it yourself if was a controller malfunction . I really dont know but regardless i just want it back . thats all
i think you have missed some of my post. im not here bashing nobody. H-elsner and you have been trying to help me . Never said anything until you made it seem like i was in the wrong when all i want is the cords to find my drone . i have no sensor files only yuneec like ive sent . Man i want to have the right files so i can sleep at night . 500 is a lot in my world so its not easy . This isnt my fault im giving what the app gave me .

Yuneec has told me nothing at all but my files are been looked at hq and was to get them back in 24 hrs . that was last wed

OK @bgill14 , sorry for any misunderstanding on my part. I can sympathize with the loss of your craft and $500 is a lot for me also. I am mystified by the lack of the proper files on your phone. The unfortunate part of this is that without a file with good data from the flight that resulted in the loss there is no way for us to give coordinates of where it was heading.

Please list make and model of your phone.

What date did you lose the Mantis?

Please describe the circumstances when you lost contact with the craft.

Were there any warnings that appeared in the Yuneec Pilot app at the time of the loss?

Only asking these questions so we may be able to give a small amount of guidance in where to look in the absence of telemetry data.

A very unfortunate event you are experiencing, for now patience is a virtue.
Follow up with email, but be cordial how you respond in your emails.
I assume you know this?
Always, always, always have proper monetary funds to run a business, no matter how small.
You may have jumped into this business to soon seeing that you do not have the proper resources, as you have expressed.
Good luck.

For contacting Yuneec Customer Support your best bet is right after they open at 8AM or right after their return from lunch at 1PM Pacific Time. If phoning is not getting through, use http://yuneec.com/support and choose Speak to a Pro and choose the Live Chat option using the same time frame. If that is not getting you in contact use the Schedule a Support Call option.

Last edited:
A very unfortunate event you are experiencing, for now patience is a virtue.
Follow up with email, but be cordial how you respond in your emails.
I assume you know this?
Always, always, always have proper monetary funds to run a business, no matter how small.
You may have jumped into this business to soon seeing that you do not have the proper resources, as you have expressed.
Good luck.

@DoomMeister i apology to , actually im a very good pilot and very cautions but we all know these things happen. Also @AH-1G you are right bud about gettng in over my head . I should for sure have a back up plan as in a backup drone. Well junk happens and here i am . ive been cordial ive just expressed some frustration but nothing disrespectful. Ok back to the fatal voyage. was sunday the 14th . it was dark late. i was in the parking lot of thre first bapist church just getting use to some of the features in a well lit area. I was up around 100 or so ft getting shots of the cross . maybe 400 or so ft out . the battery was under half and contoller bat was above 80. Which i was really seeing what kind of alerts i would get . Just basiclly getting the ends and out on what i could do when i was on a property. Few minutes later i had a lose of connection and it was just a few seconds. Nothing to get worried about . Then it all hit the fan when the drone took off straight up . Then i noticed it was in auto come home mode. So i was still ok with the height because i was set at 200 ft come home because of the terrain i was flying over earlier. So when the mantis reaached the rth height it started drifting as it cleared the church it was going away from me. so i tried to over ride the rth and by now it was a good distance away . Still at 200 plus ft up and maybe now 800 plus ft away as i had no control but i had camera still rolling. . but while getting back in the car and getting around to it . it was gone out of site. I honestly think its in a tree but there some monster oak trees here . What would be great if i could just get a altitude of the bird so i would know that for sure. So next day mon 15th was the first day to contact support and sent logs from my phone storage. They didnt even ask for them i just sent them . Never heard back or got a call back til i got the last email about my files being at hq. i have called and emailed daily every day sense. i have a lg stylo 4 with android 8.0 oreo. its a new model phone . big 6in screen and great for the drone telemetry . the files i located myself and sent them myself . The cs rep only told me to keep looking and thats the last i talked to him. his email said 24 hrs . Nope!! then friday they just up and closed my case and havent even talked to me . That made it all worse. So here i am and sorry if im making yalls life miserable haha i just feel so helpless and they are not showing any empathy . no call backs or emails for a week is not professional at all. Sorry for my horrible typing i have a cut hand and its making it alot worse . not really affecting me that much but its a good excuse . lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval