Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need advice or assistance if the right person reads this... regarding my Mantis Q! Please help!

@DoomMeister i apology to , actually im a very good pilot and very cautions but we all know these things happen. Also @AH-1G you are right bud about gettng in over my head . I should for sure have a back up plan as in a backup drone. Well junk happens and here i am . ive been cordial ive just expressed some frustration but nothing disrespectful. Ok back to the fatal voyage. was sunday the 14th . it was dark late. i was in the parking lot of thre first bapist church just getting use to some of the features in a well lit area. I was up around 100 or so ft getting shots of the cross . maybe 400 or so ft out . the battery was under half and contoller bat was above 80. Which i was really seeing what kind of alerts i would get . Just basiclly getting the ends and out on what i could do when i was on a property. Few minutes later i had a lose of connection and it was just a few seconds. Nothing to get worried about . Then it all hit the fan when the drone took off straight up . Then i noticed it was in auto come home mode. So i was still ok with the height because i was set at 200 ft come home because of the terrain i was flying over earlier. So when the mantis reaached the rth height it started drifting as it cleared the church it was going away from me. so i tried to over ride the rth and by now it was a good distance away . Still at 200 plus ft up and maybe now 800 plus ft away as i had no control but i had camera still rolling. . but while getting back in the car and getting around to it . it was gone out of site. I honestly think its in a tree but there some monster oak trees here . What would be great if i could just get a altitude of the bird so i would know that for sure. So next day mon 15th was the first day to contact support and sent logs from my phone storage. They didnt even ask for them i just sent them . Never heard back or got a call back til i got the last email about my files being at hq. i have called and emailed daily every day sense. i have a lg stylo 4 with android 8.0 oreo. its a new model phone . big 6in screen and great for the drone telemetry . the files i located myself and sent them myself . The cs rep only told me to keep looking and thats the last i talked to him. his email said 24 hrs . Nope!! then friday they just up and closed my case and havent even talked to me . That made it all worse. So here i am and sorry if im making yalls life miserable haha i just feel so helpless and they are not showing any empathy . no call backs or emails for a week is not professional at all. Sorry for my horrible typing i have a cut hand and its making it alot worse . not really affecting me that much but its a good excuse . lol

i bought the drone at the best buy in flowood ms on the 12th friday . took back a mavic bc my laptop went out so i had to split the cost up. UGH lol wanted the typhon but it was soldout so i was talked into the mantis q and it was kinda a impulse bc i didnt know much about it . thats my story

Not sure what you mean by dark and late?
If you were flying 30 minutes after sunset, that's a no no!
Dark and late, sounds like you were in a hurry to accomplish this task. Best was to postpone until another day.
Ok, we all learn the hard way.
Hang in there, there will be better days ahead.:)

It was dark time and late at night. Wasnt in any hurry because it was lit up like its day time . i was in the air bout 15 mins . what i did notice was alittle delayed response . not saying if the drone was malfunctioning but i know i was not flying no where near 30 mins and it was in my sight and like i said it was lit . i enjoy flying there at night bc its so well lit and i attend church there. Its huge and nobody minds me there plus its safe . im not pointing fingers besides yuneec want even talk to me not update me . called 4 times tonight and tried chat but nobody was on there . . Maybe H-elsner can pull a rabbit

There is no more flesh on the bone. The only file with coordinates in was from 1

@h-elsner first i wont to say thank you for taking the time i really do appreciate it man. Whats strange is the 12th file is the same (looks) as the others . Started with yuneec date mo year etc. wonder if the others i have contain the info we need? The reason i say that is i seem to have several of the same date just like i did fof the 12th . Reason i say that is i was running 1 file through a gpx viewer app and i got cords from the church but only at take off . the viewer took me straight to google maps and the spot where it was set to home. Doesnt show the drone but its a yuneec file and its where i was at point of take off. just alittle weird how some may contain gpx files and some dont . Do you think its possible that files could contain different info? i ran the file that you had cords on through the viewer to test this and it contained nothing. I ts day 9 and still not a word from yuneec , not even a update or anything . i call and say they will call back in my place in line but they dont. nobody is ever on the chat . Sucks!! so how about i send you everthing i have and when you can could you check it out. maybe duplicate's but it will be all i have .

Thanks
Brian

do you have a email add because the upload on here takes forever .

nope, i will send what i can i dont see a attach file on the pm . but ill just send all i got on here
and you can take a look .

Brian

got email , Sorry i missed that . i will send files asap

Reactions: rmiuirom
take a look at this one .

Attachments

• yuneec_2018_10_15_01_15_3.zip
    952 bytes · Views: 2
**** i thought i had you something!! ugh let me look around some more. this is just crazy . i dont hear anything back from yuneec like i dont exsit and my logs arew in a dif format . never in my life has a company put me off or anybody i know especially the urgency this is .

try this

Attachments

• logs.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, but now I'm out of this business. You send this file, that file part by part. Then you rename files and send it again just to make effort or what for?
Before you said there are no other files, now coming some step by step?
I'm not willing to spent more time to guess and play.

None of those files are usable. Can you explain how and where you see coordinates in those files?
GPX file is a text file similar to a XML file, those are binary files.

br HE

Last edited:
Sorry, but now I'm out of this business. You send this file, that file part by part. Then you rename files and send it again just to make effort or what for?
Before you said there are no other files, now coming some step by step?
I'm not willing to spent more time to guess and play.

None of those files are usable. Can you explain how and where you see coordinates in those files?
GPX file is a text file similar to a XML file, those are binary files.

br HE

Im not renaming it im just sending what i have . i said it mighy be duplicates bc im not sure what ive sent and what i havent . So i just started a new folder so i would know and there was some new files in there from the 15th . the way u got them with the yuneec as the name in the file with date year day etc is how i got them outpf my phone and from the app that was labeled flightlogs. Not sure what they have done but i was told a week ago that they were encrypted and the mantis logs couldnt be read in plain text . they released it to earlier of they was gonna have tbis issues. Mantis files must be different than the rest . or my mantis was just a lemon . seems like it from the malfunction to lead to this to the files being no good . sorry o wish i could send more or had the right ones . that xls file os saves from ur program

Thr files are coming from different locations in my phone storage . i find them and i send them. Just trying to do all i can H. Ive been working on this for 8 days now and hours hours of pointless looking and zero response from yuneec support . sorry

It was dark time and late at night. Wasnt in any hurry because it was lit up like its day time . i was in the air bout 15 mins . what i did notice was alittle delayed response . not saying if the drone was malfunctioning but i know i was not flying no where near 30 mins and it was in my sight and like i said it was lit . i enjoy flying there at night bc its so well lit and i attend church there. Its huge and nobody minds me there plus its safe . im not pointing fingers besides yuneec want even talk to me not update me . called 4 times tonight and tried chat but nobody was on there . . Maybe H-elsner can pull a rabbit

@bgill14
If it's 30 minutes after sunset, by rule YOU CANNOT FLY WITHOUT FAA WAIVER, no matter if people don't mind or it's safe. You're in violation!:mad:
Why should we help you if you're going to violate 107 rules?o_O
You mention you have your 107, what part don't you want to obey?:confused:

Last edited:
You are assuming and that is not acceptable . plus its nothing illegal to what im doing . you sir are wrong . you made assumptions that are not true . especially from a moderator
@bgill14
Also
You have just contradicted yourself, by saying QUOTE "plus its nothing illegal to what im doing" .
You sir, do not know what you are doing!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval